PDA

View Full Version : What? The World needs saving AGAIN? IC Thread 9

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Xihirli
2021-04-14, 08:32 PM
"Uh- not a moment too soon" Sirthis noted, wondering if the watch being involved was just for organizing or if something happened to make them alert. Regardless, he led the way to Dahlia.

Dahlia grabbed his arm and led him into the capitol building. "We need you to look over the decorations and tell us if they're up to your wife's standards," she said. She took him into a great ballroom with a chandalier lighting the whole place. Tapestries of chimeras and dragons had been placed, and a silver-plated chair was placed at one head of the table next to a plainer one.
"How is this seat?"

It was a really nice room, and the floor had metal inlay depicting the creation of the sun by Selune along with the Triad under the sun – Torm atop a golden dragon, the bleeding Ilmater, and the one-handed Tyr holding his sword high.

Valmark
2021-04-15, 03:07 AM
"I believe so- this is grand" Sirthis whistled looking around "Reminds me of the trone room with the tapestries and the floor. Of course with the difference that those in the Fortress are about Mab, but that's normal" he inspected the chair "It should be good- she likes silver items and silver decorations, among other things. And Mab will appreciate the symbolism too. Just a question" Sirthis looked down "I'm afraid I'm ignorant to who these gods are. I doubt they'd be anybody Mab dislikes but just in case, can you tell me about them?"

How regal does the chair look? Obviously it won't measure up to Mab's throne but it should still look fit for such an esteemed guest.

Also Sirthis' ignorance is mostly to get an explanation about the Triad- especially Ilmater. He's one of those gods I've barely ever heard of.

Xihirli
2021-04-15, 08:27 AM
Looks like a pretty good chair.

"Torm, Tyr, and Ilmater. The Triad of gods seeking to offer order for the humanoids to live in. Torm is a god of duty and devotion, Tyr a god of just war, and Ilmater is the god of personal sacrifice and selflessness."

Valmark
2021-04-15, 08:44 AM
Sirthis didn't say that this world of theirs sounded awfully boring.
"Everything looks great then!" Sirthis clapped his hands "I'd be happy of inviting Mab here"

Xihirli
2021-04-15, 08:46 AM
"Excellent. We should be starting up soon."

Speaking of, Delilah tapped on Eris and Leff's door.
"Alright, tear yourselves apart long enough to get dressed, alright?"

Valmark
2021-04-15, 09:05 AM
Sirthis tapped his earring.

Everything looks good. Small spoiler: the church of Sune got involved. And they are real lookers!

In case internet betrayed me Sirthis means 'attractive' with 'lookers'.
"Fiiiiine!" Eris giggled and gave Leff one last kiss before they had to get up "Let's get dressed"

Xihirli
2021-04-15, 09:11 AM
Excellent. I'm visiting your family now. Your mother does not make particularly good tea.

Leff's eyes widened in betrayal as Eris stood up, but she got up as well. "Alright, alright," she grumbled, picking up the red dress Eris had gotten her the day before.

Valmark
2021-04-15, 09:22 AM
But it's filled with affection for her daughter-in-law, I bet. Should I wait for you at Baldur's Gate's Circle?

"Mab's with my family right now" Sirthis said "They should be coming shortly, I figure"
Eris laughed and smacked Leff's buttocks playfully with her tail "Like you weren't dying to get dressed a few hours ago" she pointed out, getting her own- Eris struggled a bit with the laces behind, but had otherwise gotten better at wearing it now.

Xihirli
2021-04-15, 09:27 AM
Splendid idea. And she was only looking at our daughter the whole time.

"That was... oh. Um, that was a few hours ago." Leff sat on the bed and gestured for Eris to come join her. "Come on, I'm going to braid your hair."

Valmark
2021-04-15, 09:32 AM
Alright then the issue is that Clephesia junior is too adorable and distracted her from the tea. Seeeeee?

"I'll go wait for her" Sirthis said, excusing himself to head back to the Circle.
"Everything to get us back there" Eris giggled again and sat down obediently next to Leff "Make sure to do a good job, I have a wife to impress, you know?" she turned the opposite way so that Leff had a better view of her hair.

Xihirli
2021-04-15, 09:49 AM
"I'll try not to disappoint her," Leff promised.

Within the hour, the Lelahinns were approaching the Capitol building along with Delilah, Mávro, Gina, Peggy and Petra. Leon had departed for his homeland already, Polly didn't enjoy parties like that, and Stacia had her own plans.
Lionshield Zorne greeted them, Silverwings at his left and a human woman Eris hadn't met at his right. Presumably his wife.
"I am pleased to see you. This banquet has quickly becom a more major event than originally planned, and it would not do to lose sight of the initial reason for putting it together."
"Why the sudden importance?"
"Apparently one of the Fairy Queens has decided to attend. I don't have all the details, but we're pulling out all the stops to ensure that she feels respected here."

When Mab appeared at the teleportation circle, she had some finer jewelry on than her standard, but was still primarily dressed for nursing.
Celeste was holding Clephesia (the baby) while Clephesia (the child who is not a baby) craned her neck to look at her little green niece. Lasin and Cristoff were actually mostly staring at Clephesia (the baby) as well, but Sirthis's father became all business after he realized he was in Baldur's Gate now.
Mab did not confine herself to this, and immediately kissed her husband. "I hope you have your pegasus. I was thinking of sending your family in ahead of us and making a dramatic entrance flying in from the clouds."
Clephesia tapped Sirthis and whispered loudly enough for everyone to hear:
"Why isn't Mab wearing all her clothes?"

Valmark
2021-04-15, 10:05 AM
Eris chuckled "Sirthis must've invited Mab. The half-elf that came in at the last seconds with the dragon- he's married to her. And we've been allies of the Queens for a good while now" Eris explained then looked at the unknown "Eris and Leflabah Lelahinn, nice to meet you. You're mrs. Lionshield?" she asked then thought about it "I suddenly realize I never asked if Lionshield is a title or a surname"
Sirthis kissed Mab back, wrapping his arms around her- he wasn't being on being proper either.
"Yup, I brought her and Alown" Sirthis nodded then chuckled at his sister "It's because of Clephesia- the younger one. Mab needs to nurse her and as such she's got an outfit that facilitates that" he explained "Otherwise it'd be a chore every time our daughter needs to eat"

Then he pulled his sister into an hug, gesturing for his family to join in- although his mother had her hands full and his father wasn't really the type, so it was mostly Cristoph. Who wasn't really the type either, but Sirthis could still try.
"Missed you. Sorry, but last time I was here I didn't have enough time to make the trip back home- at least with the magic I had left"

Briar, Mab wants to make a great entrance and needs a mount worthy of rojalty. Feel up to the task?

Xihirli
2021-04-15, 10:12 AM
"It's a title, bestowed upon Captain of the Watch. While I am no longer serving in that capacity, the title remains mine until I die," Zorne explained. "We do not have last names where my family is from."
The lady curtsied to Eris and Leff. "Fluri Drin, at your service."
"Shall we show you your seat?"

Alown flapped out of Sirthis's cape to join the family hug.
"We've missed you too," Lasin said, briefly hugging the family. Celeste contented herself with kissing Sirthis's forehead. "Her green is coming in with a lovely shade. Are her cheeks always like this?" Celeste kissed Clephesia's rosy blush to show what she was talking about.
"Yes – except when she needs to be burped, which is quite a helpful tool. Do you mind holding her for a bit while me and your son make a more dramatic entrance?"

Valmark
2021-04-15, 10:49 AM
"Yes, please" Eris looped her arm around Leff's, ready to follow Zorne.
"I can already picture her adorable pouts" Sirthis smiled talking about his baby's cheeks "If you see an half-drow with a human daughter that looks about Cleph's age they're my friends. They wanted to see our daughter, I recall" literally everybody wanted to see her and Sirthis was bursting with pride.

Briar, come. It's time to have an entrance like at Titania's- only with Mab on too.

Chocolate, you remember the majestic entrance at Titania's court? We'll be doing the same thing.

Xihirli
2021-04-15, 10:59 AM
Zorne led the procession into the great hall. "As you can see, we've redone our plans since hearing of our additional honored guest. Instead of a collection of tables we will be seating anyone who wishes to come outside where the main post-meal festivities will occur, with the heroes, their guests, and a few guests of the city inside the hall. Myself and a representative of the Council will be at this head, with you and your friends nearest me, and at the other head of the table we'll be seating the Queen."

Chocolate took his face out of Sirthis's coin purse. Hm? Oh, right! You need a rainbow!
Briar descended from the skies with a triumphant whinny, practicing already.

"I'll keep an eye out," Celeste promised, giving her granddaughter another kiss. "We'll see you at the banquet."

Valmark
2021-04-15, 11:57 AM
"Hironically Mab tipically eats with all of her servants at a single table" Eris mused "We'll move outside afterwards then? Since the main activities are there?" she asked.
Sirthis gave his daughter a goodbye kiss on the cheek before waving his family off and helping Mab up on Briar.
"Briar and Chocolate are ready" he told her then seemed to worry about something "Uh, maybe I shouldn't have Chocolate breath rainbow. If the Lelahinns brought the wyvern he might provoke her. Want to ride in the back?" Sirthis asked Mab regarding the position on Briar. He wasn't sure which one was more effective.

Xihirli
2021-04-15, 12:12 PM
"Yes, we will have singing, drinking, dancing. Perhaps a pie fight depending on how many pies are eaten during dessert."

A watchwoman (not Dahlia) came in with a family of five half-drow, a drow woman, and a human man. Eris had met some of them before.
"The Hadad family," she introduced them, and Delilah ran over to give her father and sisters hugs.
"Da, Sarai, Hagar, Vashti, Rahab, Naomi: This is my daughter, Gina. Can you say hello?"
Gina wrapped her arms around Petra for support. "Hi."
Leander Hadad got down on one knee and offered the child a handshake. "It's nice to meet you, Gina."
Gina just stared at him. The farmer gave her some space.
Aklah whined at Eris.
"I am sure there will be food soon," Mávro promised Aklah.

"I don't see a wyvern, let's do it," Mab said, looking down at an assembled crowd of people. She had opted to sit behind Sirthis, her arms wrapped around him and not too shyly feeling up and down his chest and stomach.

Valmark
2021-04-15, 12:39 PM
"Patience, Aklah" Eris said before greeting Delilah's family "Nice to meet you- I only know some of you so let me present ourselves. My name's Eris Lelahinn and this is my wife, Leflabah Lelahinn. Ishat and Aklah are our children" she presented them all in order, figuring Delilah would present Mávro.
Sirthis smiled.
Chocolate, Briar, it's showtime.

He spurred the pegasus high up into the sky before flying down, aiming at a free spot in front of the audience- landing diagonal so that some people could see them from the front and some from the side.
It would've been quite a lousy entrance if the crowd only saw Briar's back and some hair, after all.

Xihirli
2021-04-15, 12:52 PM
"And this is Mávro," Delilah said. "She speaks Elvish and a few other languages but not this one. Me and her are together." She wrapped an arm around Mávro's waist. Mávro and the Hadads started talking in Elvish after exchanging greetings with the Lelahinns.
A new family arrived. Leff and Eris recognized all of them but mostly Clephesia (the kid who was not a baby). Baby green Clephesia was being held by Sirthis's mom.
Clephesia, the one who could run, ran up to Leff and started showing her where her stitches had been. "Dad took my stitches out but I still have the scars look!"
"Um... yes, that's... nice?"
"Yeah!" Clephesia looked over at Petra, still being held by Gina, and gasped. "Doggie!" And she ran over to help hug the dog.
Gina shrank away, trying to keep Petra's body in between her and this excited child.

Briar swooped down and spread out her wings just before touching down, blocking out the sun for many of the onlookers to create a halo effect as Chocolate aimed into the crowd splurting colorful rainbows from his mouth.
A few members of the Watch came forward and bowed respectfully. "We are honored to receive you, your Majesty."
Mab poked Sirthis's ribs. "Hey, why don't we make them think I can't speak Common?" she suggested in Sylvan.

Valmark
2021-04-15, 01:24 PM
"Hey Clephesia!" Eris waved intervining seeing the child distressed "She's Gina, Delilah's daughter, and the dog's Petra. Gina and Petra don't like sudden loud noises a lot so I'm sure she'll be happy to let you pet Petra if you calm down a bit" she explained lying a bit. Eris felt a bit awkward getting between them (not phisically, that'd scare one or both of them).
"Petra, Gina, she's Sirthis' sister Clephesia. The funny druid from a couple days ago"

Yeah I know you have no issues Petra, but she's scaring Gina unknowingly so just back me up a bit.
Sirthis smiled down at the guards, getting down to help Mab get off.
"She does not understand Toril's tongue- I will be happy to translate though" he said in Common before switching to Sylvan, looking at Mab "Polite greeting you perfectly heard. And yeah, let's"

Great job you two Sirthis told Chocolate and Briar.

Xihirli
2021-04-15, 01:45 PM
Clephesia calmed down a bit and pet Petra carefully. "Hello, Doggie." Petra licked her face. She giggled. "I'm Cleph!" She said to Gina. "Is this your dog?"
Gina nodded. "Eris gave her to me. She is love."
I am love!

Chocolate preened while Briar posed dramatically again.
"Will your menagerie be joining us in the dining hall, Majesty?" A watchman directed the question to Sirthis, though it seemed he assumed the Pegasus and Faerie Dragon were Mab's.

Valmark
2021-04-15, 02:07 PM
You're love Eris smiled happily seeing the three starting to get along and stood, figuring they were going to be watched over by their respective families- she went to greet the rest of the Elvaninns.
"Happy to see you again- and welcome. That's... Sirthis' and Mab's daughter right?" Eris figured the color was a good sign "Ahw, she's so pretty"
Sirthis turned to Mab "I'm proud to see that Chocolate and Briar can be mistaken as royal followers" he "translated" in Sylvan.

Briar, do you prefer to stay outside or come join us inside the building? I'll make sure to get you apples either way.

Xihirli
2021-04-15, 02:12 PM
"Yes! They named her after Clephesia," Celeste said. She held baby Clephesia out for Eris to see her. The baby slapped her on the nose.
"She does that."

Is there celebration outside? Briar asked.
Upon confirmation that there was, Briar said that she would like to be outside where she could spread her wings.

Valmark
2021-04-15, 03:28 PM
Eris chuckled "Maybe she'll grow up to be a fighter" she said, almost with a grin "Aklah raised her stinger at Leff when she was born, it's... Not actually the same thing I guess. But close!" no it really wasn't but Eris didn't have experience with humanoid babies. She backed away to not get hit again.
Sirthis nodded and turned to the guards "Briar, the pegasus, chose to stay outside. She'd love apples!"

Alown is currently with Sirthis' family or with him? Just double checking her position.

Xihirli
2021-04-15, 03:34 PM
"Maybe."

Alown is in Sirthis's cape!
The watchman took the pegasus away with the promise of apples and Sirthis, Mab and Alown were led into a banquet hall that was filling up quite nicely. Lionshield Zorne approached and bowed respectfully. "Milady, we have prepared a seat for you," and he led them to the silver chair at one head of the table. Standing behind it with a smile was Raisa, her symbol of Sune displayed proudly over one sleeve. She looked right at Mab's chest and winked.
"She reminds me of you," Mab said in Sylvan. "Have your family seated near us."

Valmark
2021-04-15, 04:03 PM
"Mab would like for my family to sit with us- and me too, of course" Sirthis explained, assuming there was no need to specify why. Then he went back to Sylvan with Mab "Yeah, I'm fairly confident you'll like Raisa. I know I do"
Eris looked quizically at Mab and Sirthis before approaching with a bow "Happy to see you, Queen Mab, Sirthis" she tried in bad Sylvan.

The queen speaks Common right? Or was I drunk for most of the time we were in the Feywild?

Xihirli
2021-04-15, 04:24 PM
She does. Maybe she just doesn't feel like it? Leff bowed as well.
The Elvannins were seated around Mab, and with only a little bit of sadness Celeste gave the baby back to her mother. Mab kissed Clephesia a few times and frowned at her cheeks. The pink was muted. Mab sat Clephesia (the baby) up on her knee and started smacking her back, leaning her forward.
Clephesia gasped. "Mommy, she's attacking the baby!"
Celeste shook her head with an amused smile. "She's burping the baby. Little Clephesia can't burp on her own, she needs her mommy to help."

Meanwhile the other guests were seated, with Lionshield Zorne and, in fact, his replacement, Lionshield Tiq (who was in fact a human) at the other head. Wine (and for the children, apple juice) was poured, an entire deer was brought to Aklah, and venison, broccoli, fine cheeses, and fowl were all passed about the table so people could fill their plates.

Valmark
2021-04-15, 04:39 PM
Sirthis chuckled "Yup. Relliss does the same- I'd guess our parents did it for us too" he chuckled "It's funny to think of a tiny Mab that gets hit because she needs help with burps, isn't it?" he smiled at his wife who totally didn't get Common.
"Can I have some apple juice for Alown Rissen Gauder Sad Rescher Campannin too?" Sirthis asked showing the bat hidden inside his cape, unnecessarily saying the whole name.
He figured Raisa would feed Mab, so he started filling up his own plate with mostly fowl and venison.
Eris meanwhile filled her plate with a little bit of everything, sneaking a kiss on Leff's cheek.
"You're gorgeous, have I already told you that?" she whispered, looking more at her wife then at the plate.

Xihirli
2021-04-15, 04:50 PM
Raisa made Mab's plate while simultaneously going on about the Queen's beauty and how adorable Clephesia was, right in Common to her while Mab had a fun time of pretending not to understand.
A cup of apple juice was poured and Alown started right on it without waiting for the toast.

"You're allowed to say it more," Leff said and kissed Eris on the lips.

Lionshield Zorne and Lionshild Tiq stood lifting their glasses once every plate was filled. "Today we toast to the bravery of those who struck down an invading army of Screams, led by Orcus to snuff out the light of hope!" Zorne declared. "Take a drink for Fortune's Wind!" And with that short and sweet toast, he drank from his goblet.

Valmark
2021-04-15, 05:45 PM
Sirthis lifted his goblet of wine.
"We are toasting to... Why am I actually translating" he whispered in Sylvan to Mab before joining in "To Fortune's Wind!" then he drank too.
Eris did the same- except that after 'Fortune's Wind' she added "To home" before drinking.

I'm not sure if what Eris did makes sense.

In Italy when someone is cheered they are expected to join it too, if that's just our then assume Eris didn't cheer I guess.

Xihirli
2021-04-15, 05:59 PM
"To home." Leff tapped her glass against Eris’s.

The meal began after the toast, with Raisa feeding Mab. Though after Clephesia burped, Mab called a break in feeding her so that she could focus on feeding her daughter.
"There’s music outside, yes?" she asked Sirthis. "Could we get a singer in here as well?"

Deborah, Delilah’s mother, pulled her seat so that she was in between Eris and Mávro, who was next to Delilah and the family went on from there.
"My daughter says you wanted to talk to me."

Valmark
2021-04-15, 06:07 PM
Sirthis looked up at Raisa.
"Think Vel and Jax could come in for a time?" he asked her "Well, Mab asked if we could have a singer in general, not specifically them. But I figured they'd love to. I'd rather entertain after eating"
Eris nodded.
"Me and Leff need to find a place called Gru... Cle... Stug..." she said with some difficulty trying to remember then she focused and repeated "Sorry, Gracklestug. I think that was the correct name. Should be in the Underdark but the only map we got doesn't show the place"

Xihirli
2021-04-15, 06:39 PM
Raisa excused herself and, instead of waiting for Sirthis to translate, kissed Mab full on the lips before heading out.
A hush fell over the tables as the city guests and various people who didn't know Mab well looked to her to see if she would take that as an insult.
But the nymph simply waved coyly as the cleric left them.
"Now that is a cleric of Sune."

After that excitement, Deborah nodded to Eris. "I've been. City of Duergar. They did not like me. But I know a way to get there. When do we leave?"

Valmark
2021-04-15, 06:50 PM
"Hey! I take issue with how you said 'that'" Sirthis snorted "Told you you'd like her"
"Tomorrow would be my choice" Eris said "We can enjoy the banquet and at night we'll probably be tired, so we'd better sleep and travel tomorrow, if that's fine by you. How long would the travel be?" she asked then "We have ways to speed our travel by a lot, but it'd be good to have a rough estimate. Since you seem to know your way you wouldn't happen to know places where we can find diamondwater, would you?" hey, asking doesn't hurt.
"For our smith"

Xihirli
2021-04-15, 07:00 PM
Mab shrugged. "Well, maybe you should kiss me more if you want me to call you a good cleric."

"I do," Deborah said. "Moving quickly through the underdark is a good way to get killed. I estimate a week, with another two to three days if you want to veer off to collect diamondwater."

Valmark
2021-04-15, 07:18 PM
"Mpf! You'll see. Gonna kiss you so much you'll beg for mercy" Sirthis declared in Sylvan Especially after I don't have to leave the bed immediately to go renew my Grove"
"Oh. I see" Eris frowned "Mmm... What if we turn into wind? Would that help traveling quicker and without raising the danger too much?" she asked "Otherwise... Mmm. This is important but we have another place to be in a week" she frowned and looked at Leff "What do you think?"

It was, after all, her mother.

Xihirli
2021-04-15, 07:30 PM
Mab kissed him then, cradling Clephesia carefully so she didn't lose grip during the motion.

"Wind... there are some stretches. We may be able to shave the trip down to under a week," Deborah said. "It depends on how strong you two are."
"Shouldn't be a problem, then," Leff said, putting an arm around Eris. "You're looking at the strongest woman in the world."

Valmark
2021-04-15, 07:45 PM
Sirthis kissed Mab back, placing a hand on Cleph to help Mab keep her steady- the other rested on Mab's cheek, holding her head gently.
"Women, plural" Eris smiled and kissed Leff "We are indeed powerful, if not the strongest. Worst comes to worst if we are running late it's my understanding that Leff can take an item from the place we are in in order to teleport back" she still wasn't too clear on how Teleport worked "This way we can bring you back home, go on our own way, then when we are ready to travel again we can teleport right back to where we left from"

Xihirli
2021-04-15, 07:56 PM
"Good to hear. May I stay in... Fortune's Wind, was it? Until morning?"

Mab kept going at Sirthis in a way that made a few of the dinner guests uncomfortable until she pulled off because of a series of drumbeats.

Vel and Jax came in, the latter already beating out a song on his drums. Vel followed up with a beautiful elven song about the jealousy of the moon, seeing the sun every day, before she looked down over the world and saw that nobody could even look at the sun, so harsh was her radiance, but many looked at her happily, and the moon set content in her beauty.

Valmark
2021-04-15, 08:17 PM
"Of course" Eris nodded "We'll be happy to welcome you" she was then enraptured by the song.
Sirthis was half bothered by having been interrupted and half wanted to point out that people looking uncomfortable was the main reason for why he didn't tipically kiss Mab a lot in public, but decided it wasn't worth it to interrupt the song.
"The other two clerics of Sune" Sirthis briefly whispered in Sylvan, not wanting to disturb Mab from listening. They did come here to sing for her after all.

And then promised himself that he was going to always bring paper and ink with him from now on, since he couldn't write the song down at the moment.

Xihirli
2021-04-15, 08:19 PM
The song went on for several minutes, and Clephesia walked up to Sirthis and deposited herself on his lap. "What are they saying?" She whispered.

Valmark
2021-04-15, 08:29 PM
Sirthis gently stroked his sister's hair.
"It's a song about the moon and the sun" he whispered back "About how the moon was jealous because she could see the sun every day until she realized that nobody stared at the sun because of how painful it is, but everybody stared at the moon with happiness. At that time the moon's jealousy went away, leaving her happy in her beauty" a bit sad for the sun, though.
Eris pouted because she realized she couldn't actually understand the song, despite still finding it beautiful. The pout left rapidly.

Xihirli
2021-04-15, 08:39 PM
After the song concluded, Mab let Raisa feed her the rest of her meal and Zorne stood. "I have one more announcement before we join the festivities outside," he said. "I will be accepting an offer from Eris Lelahinn – To train new heroes at Fortune's Wind. If any wish to train under me, that is where to go. Now, let us celebrate!" And the great double doors opened up to a raucous celebration with slurred singing, drinking, dancing on a stage, and a game where small pouches of beans were thrown competitively to see who could get into holes on boards from a greater distance. A bit past there, another game saw who was more accurate with bolas throwing them onto a set of stakes with three rungs between them.

Valmark
2021-04-16, 03:33 AM
"I'm glad to hear it" Eris told Zorne before standing up excitedly seeing the commotion outside and threw her arms up "Wo-hoo! Let's go part- ooof, in hindsight Aklah might have been happier home" she looked at the wyvern to see how she was handling the ruckus.
Sirthis smiled, finishing his food. He controlled if Clephesia was done eating before looking up at Mab "It's not exactly responsible to let go of her in such a crowded place without even a crib but maybe we can ask someone else to hold her long enough for a couple dances?" he asked her in Sylvan.

Xihirli
2021-04-16, 09:09 AM
Aklah was growling over her deer, threatening the party to stay away.
"I'll take her home," Leff offered. "And be right back."

"But who would hold my daughter!?" Mab asked with exaggerated desperation.
Lasin stood and offered to hold her almost immediately. "Cristoff, let me show you how to hold a baby."
Mab looked to Sirthis before passing her daughter over.

Valmark
2021-04-16, 09:38 AM
Eris bit her lip but nodded.
"Hurry up. I want to party with you" she said "I'll stay here so that they don't think the guests of honor just left altogether. Think I'll play some of the games"
"I keep underestimating how adorable our daughter is" Sirthis noted amused- he then stood, offering Mab his hand to help her off her seat "May I have this dance, my Queen?"

Xihirli
2021-04-16, 09:55 AM
Leff gave Aklah some neck scritches. "Alright, girl. Let's go home." She got on Aklah's back and Aklah picked up the rest of the deer carcass before she flew off with her mom.
Delilah and Mávro found some kids playing hide and seek and took Gina over to see if she could get involved.

Mab took his hand and stood. "Dance with the father of the most beautiful baby in any plane? I'd be honored."

Valmark
2021-04-16, 10:17 AM
Eris for her part went over to the bolas game to check it out.
"What do I have to do to play?" she asked one of the people that were there, unaware of the rules. Beyond the obvious 'grab some and throw them'.
Sirthis smiled and gave her a kiss before leading Mab towards the stage, figuring people could just walk on and start following the music.

Is there some kind of coreography to follow or is it an all-you-can-dance?

Xihirli
2021-04-16, 12:22 PM
"What you do," the gnome said, "Is take three bolas. The other player also takes three. You each throw your three bolas. It wraps around the bottom rung, that's one point. Wraps around the second rung, two points. And top rung is three. Got it?"

Vel and Jax started playing a dancing jig so that Mab and Sirthis could enjoy a lively dance with many kicks.

Valmark
2021-04-16, 01:40 PM
"Got it- sounds easy enough to understand" Eris stretched her muscles before picking up a bolas, assuming there was an ample amount of them, and called aloud "Who's up for a game with me?"
Sirthis grinned "Let's show them what we can do, my love" he said before leading her into the dance. He didn't expect that to last.

Performance! [roll0]

We want to impress so let's use Lucky if less then 30! [roll1]

Xihirli
2021-04-16, 02:02 PM
Dahlia stepped up to her. "I'm game."

Mab smiled and twirled him around her, dancing with all the grace she could muster.
[roll0]

Valmark
2021-04-16, 02:19 PM
Eris grinned- she picked up the other two bolas and passed three more to Dahlia.
"I'll start us off" she said, before making the bolas swirl over her head- she let them go, aiming at the higher of the rungs for more points.

20! Rolled in Ooc.
Sirthis laughed, giving it his all to keep up- Sirthis was showing off how much he had practiced finally.

Xihirli
2021-04-16, 04:24 PM
Dahlia tossed her first bola and it sailed right in between the second and third rungs. "Mmm. Alright, your turn."
Eris gets the third rung.

Sirthis and Mab moved across the stage with speed and grace... and as the music picked up, their pirouettes and leaps brought them above the stage, floating over the party as they spun around one another in mid-air. They ended their dance holding one another close in a long spin over the crowd.
"So glad I gave you that ring."

Valmark
2021-04-16, 04:37 PM
Eris started swirling another one.
"Double or nothing!" she called it before throwing.

Thinking about it, it makes sense to roll the third bolas too ahead of time. Eris will always target the 3 point one.

[roll0]
[roll1]
"So glad I married you" Sirthis said kissing Mab as the song came to a close, keeping it up as long as they kept spinning.

I swear it's not because of getting called out on not kissing his wife enough :p

Xihirli
2021-04-16, 04:43 PM
Dahlia got the third and then the second rungs on her next throws while Eris got the second one twice, putting her two points ahead of Dahlia.
"Alright, that round's to you," she admitted.

Mab gripped Sirthis's head and held him against her up there, kissing her husband deeply and passionately until –
"Sirthis!" Clephesia called up from the ground. (The one who could talk)
"You have to find us!" She pointed at a few other kids around her, including Gina. "Nobody want to be 'it'!"

Valmark
2021-04-16, 04:55 PM
"Wohoo! Best of three?" Eris asked smiling "Oh! Want to try the darts? Haven't played them yet" she continued wagging her tail excitedly.
Sirthis pried himself off of Mab apologetically, though he was smiling "I think I should take this one. Unless you want to play with them too? Or does the whole Queen reputation stop you?" he asked playfully while he threw an eye towards Clephesia (baby) to see how she was faring at the moment.

Xihirli
2021-04-16, 05:13 PM
"Alright, darts sounds good. Should be right past the..." she noted an improvised trebuchet a pair of gnome women were loading with apples.
"Mymyra, Tatra, what is this?"
Instead of answering, the gnomes fired the trebuchet, shooting apples into the sky. Swiftly, two pegasi swooped from above and bit at the apples, eating them out of the air and landing, preening.
"That leaves Peggy with eight points and Briar with seven!" Mymyra said.
"Another round, you two?" Tatra asked the pegasi, who excitedly flew back up, ready to go for it again.

Lasin was seated at a bench, Clephesia laid down on his lap. He was holding her heels and helping her kick the air, punctuating each kick with an "rrr, rrr, rrr" like a growling bear. Clephesia (the baby) giggled at that.
Mab smiled down at Clephesia and floated down with Sirthis. "I could join in," she offered, smiling impishly at Sirthis.

Valmark
2021-04-16, 07:07 PM
Eris laughed.
"To be honest, if I was that fast while flying I would want to do it too. Maybe not with apples"
Sirthis grinned- in part from the fun of watching his father play with Cleph though. It had been a while since he saw him like that.
"Very well- Mab will be hiding with you too. I'll count until ten and then come find you all!" he said, memorizing the faces of the kids he needed to find and their number.
Then he walked up to a wall, covering his eyes while facing it to let them all go hide and started counting up to ten.
But he did put a Sending to Mab.

No using magic! And hide in the area.

Xihirli
2021-04-16, 07:10 PM
Dahlia shook her head and led Eris to the dartboard. "Alright, amazon, let's do this."

I promise I will not be the hardest one to find. This is for the kids, Mab said.
And after Sirthis finished counting, Mab was indeed not the hardest one to spot. In fact, she was right behind Sirthis inspecting her nails, and he couldn't see any of the little kids.

Valmark
2021-04-16, 07:29 PM
"I'm not sure I'm confident with smaller throwing objects" Eris mused, nonetheless picking up the darts "Three each here too?"

Same rolls?

It's darts so there's a circular table with more points the closer you are to the center right?

"Found you" Sirthis said and gave Mab a peck on the cheek but staring at her with doubt "Too easy, you're plotting something" he moved on though, starting to search for the five.

Perception! [roll0]

Mmm... Well, they likely hid nearby so Sirthis will check under tables and behind big enough objects as a start.

Also if he does spot one Sirthis will make a bit of a scene pretending to not know instead of heading straight for them. Should be more fun that way.

Xihirli
2021-04-16, 08:32 PM
All of those assumptions are right

[roll0]
"Three each. One side, hero." And Dahlia took the first three shots.

Mab shrugged with a coy smile.
Sirthis didn't see anyone. But under one of the benches as he looked under he heard a giggle coming from... nothing he could see.

Valmark
2021-04-17, 02:35 AM
"On it" Eris smiled and lifted her dart, taking careful aim before throwing it at the dartboard, aiming for a bullseye.

Three dexterity checks with proficiency!
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

ºI see what's going onº Sirthis squinted at the giggles but then stood, feigning ignorance.
"Alown, there are five invisible kids to find. Can you use your hearing to tell me where somebody's hiding? Without flying on their faces" he whispered in Sylvan, not wanting to use a spell to see the invisible ones. Didn't seem fair.
"I'll call you Ralah for this"

Alown Rissen Gauder Sad Rescher Campannin Ralah doesn't have a great perception but she does have advantage on hearing.

[roll3]
[roll4] advantage if applies

Xihirli
2021-04-17, 09:23 AM
No these ones are attack rolls you fool

Two of Dahlia's shots were about as good as Eris's, but she missed her second throw entirely while Eris struck the bullseye.
"Alright, so I can't outshoot you I suppose."

"Ooooh! Alown Rissen Gauder Sad Rescher Campannin Ralah can do this!" Alown sat on the bench and flapped her wings. "Under, under!"
But Sirthis already knew about that one.

Valmark
2021-04-17, 09:32 AM
"Surprisingly" Eris said "It's not sarcasm, I'm worst at it then with other weapons" she looked clearly happy with having won.

Check, check, how much before you come back? she asked Leff.
"Well then" Sirthis looked again under the bench "Found you giggling!" he said at the nothing with a smile.

Xihirli
2021-04-17, 09:48 AM
Almost there! Leff Sent, and was at the party momentarily. She gave Eris a hug. "Did I miss anything?"

"Aw!" the kid said. Didn't sound like Clephesia or Gina.
Then again, the big mastiff standing guard next to a bush could have meant something. Alown touched down on Petra's head. "In the bush! The bush!"

Valmark
2021-04-17, 10:00 AM
"I beat Dahlia at the games!" Eris clapped "And there are gnomes shooting apples at pegasi in the sky. And there was quite the impressive flying dance between the Queen and Sirthis- but now it's our turn, right?" she smiled and took Leff's hands "Unless you want to catch your breath after getting back here?"
Sirthis walked towards the bush but didn't look at it- instead he looked at the dog. He would have preferred making Gina play some more, so he gave her a chance by seeing if the mastiff didn't betray her position.
"Would you happen to know where Gina is, Petra?" he asked her in Common- Sylvan didn't work, Eris gave her to Gina, the dog was probably some kind of spirit. Likely understood Common instead of Sylvan.

Xihirli
2021-04-17, 10:05 AM
Leff shook her head. "I'd rather dance with my wife."

Petra wagged her tail and didn't say anything.

Valmark
2021-04-17, 10:18 AM
Eris smiled and bid goodbye to Dahlia before leading Leff to the stage, smiling brightly and walking maybe a bit too fast from the excitement.
"Let's have fun"

Eris doesn't really care about impressing anybody but still! Performance! [roll0]
"Tough luck, where could she have gone?" Sirthis asked standing up with a fake look of surrender, resuming his looking around.
"Alown, we'll come back to this- find someone else?" he told her in Sylvan.

Xihirli
2021-04-17, 10:21 AM
Eris and Leff danced more or less normally. But they thought the other did marvelously.

Alown fluttered over to a tree. "Behind! Behind!"
With Alown's help, Sirthis found all the kids other than Clephesia and Gina. Then Alown fluttered over to Mab. "Dress! Under dress!"
Clephesia giggled and Mab's flowing skirt rustled a bit.

Valmark
2021-04-17, 10:37 AM
Eris was laughing like an idiot in love shortly after beginning, which led to her being mostly out of breath by forgetting to breath- when they finished dancing Eris held Leff against herself, panting heavily.
"I love you. We should do this more often"
Sirthis grinned and walked up to Mab.
"My love, I hope you'll excuse me for doing something... Ungentlemanly" he said, then his features started shifting into those of a tiny red kitten with silvery stripes, who then walked under Mab's dress to rub against Cleph's legs meowling insistently at her.

Xihirli
2021-04-17, 10:56 AM
"We should have a party for Aklah's first birthday – it's coming up," Leff suggested. "A smaller party, I think. So she can enjoy it."

Clephesia groaned and picked Sirthis up, getting out from under Mab.
The Fairy Queen snapped her fingers and the kids shimmered back into visibility.
"I thought I'd at least be found last," Clephesia pouted, passing Cat!Sirthis over to Mab.
"Girl with the dog! You won!" Mab called over. Gina poked her head out of the bush. "I did?"

Valmark
2021-04-17, 11:32 AM
"That's a great idea!" Eris exclaimed "I wonder what we can do that's special. Although spending the whole day together sounds already like a good start"
Sirthis jumped down, meowling. Then frowned like cats frown and turned back into person.
"Admittedly, if Mab's dress hadn't moved like that I wouldn't have guessed ever" Sirthis said then smiled at Gina "So you were next to Petra! Yeah, you won!" he touched his earring meanwhile.

Hironically, I should know that looking under your clothes is always the right choice Sirthis told Mab, but in a Sending.

Xihirli
2021-04-17, 11:58 AM
"We could have a race!" Ishat suggested, flying over and landing on Eris's shoulder. "Someone can ride Peggy and someone else can ride Aklah!"
"And if Zorne is staying with us... though he lives in the city so presumably he'll still live home... but regardless, maybe he'll fly on Silver-Wings."

Gina smiled, but that was a bit much excitement for her, so she got on Petra and rode over to Delilah and her sisters who were talking about the farm and some engagements and stuff in Elvish. Probably since Mávro was with them.
Mab looped an arm around Sirthis's. "Oops, I spoke their language. Well, fun while it lasted. Can we round up those Sune clerics, you think?"

Valmark
2021-04-17, 12:08 PM
"Those are great ideas- Aklah will be happy to have opponents she can't run circles around" Eris said, looking at her wings "I'm talking about you, lazy bums"
"Actually, why don't we first bring Cleph -our daughter- to Gina? She looks tired out so it should be brief. She wanted to hold her" Sirthis suggested "We can go find the clerics right after. I've set my Word so that we can be to the Temple in a second" he winked at Mab.

Xihirli
2021-04-17, 12:14 PM
"Oh don't be so mean. I like them." Leff ran her fingers up and down Eris's left wing.

"Sirthis, you should have told me about that ahead of time. I didn't bring any of my tea." Mab stepped up to Lasin and took Clephesia back. "Did you have fun with Grandpa, my little angel?"
"Ma! Ma! Ma!" Clephesia answered.
"Lala, why don't you take Clephesia over to Gina, since I just learned her name?"

Valmark
2021-04-17, 12:27 PM
Eris looked jittery for a moment there, but steeled herself.
"Right! You think anybody would be insulted if we went missing for a while?" she asked with completely pure intentions. Her tail swished around just as pure.
Sirthis nodded, taking their baby "It'd be my pleasure. And don't worry, we now know where it is for another time" he said, turning to walk away and to Delilah's family- he didn't pay them a lot of mind (weirdly enough), instead kneeling to show Gina Clephesia (which she tecnically already saw, but not up close).
"Mab's alright with you holding her" he explained "Want me to show you how to?"

Xihirli
2021-04-17, 12:34 PM
Leff's mouth watered. She swallowed. "Um... I think people are just going home now. Like this is the informal part, nothing's keeping us here."

Gina gasped at the baby. "She's so cute!" she looked up at Sirthis, nodding. "I won't hurt her?"

Valmark
2021-04-17, 12:50 PM
"Time for the Luskan goodbye then" Eris said- and she flexed her knees to lift Leff up in her arms, spreading her wings and beating themselves into the air, flying towards the Keep.
"Hey, Ishat, tell me if I'm flying off-course or against an obstacle?" she asked before turning towards Leff and kissing her.

Yeah, I have no idea how Luskan is. Eris most certainly hasn't.

I think it's called Irish goodbye IRL.
"Nah, don't worry, you won't if you do it properly- it's easy" Sirthis said, passing Cleph over carefully and showing Gina how to position her arms and hold the baby properly, especially the head.
"And if you see some pink thingie come out of the mouth it's just a bit of saliva. Saying it because I panicked the first time uselessly"

Xihirli
2021-04-17, 05:29 PM
They flew for a bit like that but Leff broke off. "Oh, Eris!" She pointed down at a building with a holy symbol emblazoned at the front. Eris didn't recognize it. "I was going to stop by there on the way back home. Can you take us down there? I'm really sorry to interrupt, but this is important."

Gina rocked Cleph carefully. "Hello, baby!"
"Bih," Cleph said, and whacked Gina right in the face.
"Whoa! She's not very strong," Gina noted.

Valmark
2021-04-17, 05:35 PM
Eris gave Leff the biggest scowl of her life.
"It better be" she grumbled, taking them down towards the church.
"Which god is that?"
Sirthis giggled "Should've told you, she does that a lot. Yeah, newborns tipically aren't" he said smiling "Though if she keeps slapping people she'll grow stronger for sure"

Xihirli
2021-04-17, 05:48 PM
"Ilmater. This is a house of healing." She opened it up and the first thing that hit Eris was the smell. Blood, bile, and a few things Eris didn't know what they were filled the air with a stench, and groans of pain or fever met her ears.
"Is there anyone here you've had to amputate?" Leff asked the nearest priest, who directed her to the very back with the most serious cases. Leff followed the man's directions.

Gina smiled down at her. "Hi. I'm Gina."
"Ma! Mama!"
"No. Gina. Gina."
"Gi. Gi. Gi!" Cleph said.
"Gina."
"Gi-gi!" Cleph insisted.

Valmark
2021-04-17, 05:55 PM
Eris wrinkled her nose- none of what assaulted her senses gave her trouble singularly, but all put together did hurt her senses.
"I see where this is going" Eris followed Leff, wanting to come with her. In good part because she liked to watch her work.

Still a turn-off.
Sirthis giggled again "You may want to settle for Gigi. She calls us Lala and Mama" he said "Cleph loves cute nicknames"

Well, more like she couldn't speak their names yet, but whatever.

Xihirli
2021-04-17, 06:03 PM
I'm sorry that sickness and wounds aren't more fun, Leff Sent back, stepping in front of a boy who'd had his leg crushed by an ox and needed an amputation. He was thankfully asleep. Leff poured white fire out over him until his leg was regrown and his other wounds were cleaned as well.
His eyes flickered open. "Are you a... a Solar?" he looked down at his leg and gasped. "Am I dead?"
"No. You're healed. Walk home and tell your mom and dad you're okay."
He jumped up. "Praise Ilmater! Thank you all!"
Leff smiled watching him go.
"Can you... can you do that to me?" A girl missing one ear asked. She looked to have been here for awhile, considering that nobody was immediately attending to her.
"Yes. I just need you to hold still."

"Gigi" reluctantly rocked Clephesia for a bit more time. "How did you get to be her dad?"

Valmark
2021-04-17, 06:18 PM
Eris smiled watching Leff as she healed the kid and then moved to the other, seeing her patients jump up in joy.
I take that back. You're doing something beautiful.
Sirthis stammered "I- uh- ehm- uuuh- That's... That's something you should ask me again in five years, give or take. Maybe a couple later"

Xihirli
2021-04-17, 06:28 PM
Leff stepped away from the girl once her ear was back. "There you go. Have a good day."
And on her way out she radiated white fire, patching up lesser wounds with a corona of healing light, Eris's hand in hers. "Oh, they let me in because they know me. I stopped by once already, and... now I can regrow limbs. I figure I'll come by here more often once we... don't have urgent stuff going on."

Gina shrugged and rocked Clephesia until she fell asleep. "She's napping!" Gina told Sirthis.

Valmark
2021-04-17, 06:33 PM
"Let's do that" Eris nodded with a smile "Well, you will I guess. But you understood what I meant" she squeezed Leff's hand.
"It means you were good with her" Sirthis said smiling warmly "Otherwise she wouldn't have" he looked back at Mab and said "Me and Cleph should leave now. I'll bring her back another time, don't worry"

Xihirli
2021-04-17, 06:53 PM
Leff hugged Eris. "You can come with. You have healing, too, right?"

"Aw." Gina passed the baby over. "She's so wonderful!"

Valmark
2021-04-17, 07:10 PM
"Right, that is true. Especially when it comes to poisons and diseases" Eris said, thinking about what she was better at. Good thing she was a paladin.
"But for now I think I want to go something else together that I hope you'll find slightly more fun"
"The most adorable baby in the world" Sirthis said with the voice of a proud father "Her and her brother. Gotta go now- bye~" he took leave to hurry back to Mab.

Xihirli
2021-04-17, 07:23 PM
Leff kissed Eris. "As much as you like."

"Wait, brother?"

Mab kissed Sirthis once he was in reach. "Oh, she's dreaming. So... what was your plan?"

Why don't we call that the end of the day and kfowoap for now?

Valmark
2021-04-17, 07:26 PM
I was going to go to sleep so yeah, kfowoap. And that's alright!

Xihirli
2021-04-17, 11:07 PM
After an eventful night at the Temple of Sune, Sirthis went back home to the Fortress of Frozen tears, and then Eris and Sirthis enjoyed another morning waking up next to their respective wives.

As Eris would be aware, Deborah had spent the night with the Shadar-Kai trancing.

Valmark
2021-04-18, 01:27 AM
Eris stretched and groaned before deciding to tickle Leff into wakefulness with a smirk.
Sirthis though had been teached by his parents to not be a jerk and so started kissing his wife to wake her up.

I'm good with handling Sirthis' day Ooc if you prefer. I don't have anything that needs RPing it out in mind.

Xihirli
2021-04-18, 08:53 AM
Leff giggled into wakefulness. "Oh, good morning Missus Lelahinn." She hugged her wife tight.

Valmark
2021-04-18, 12:09 PM
"How do you feel? Ready to leave?" Eris asked, and hugged Leff back pecking her nose with the lips.

Sirthis will, after renewing the Grove and preparing breakfast for Mab and the nymphs, ask for Aldora's and Hoket's help to find all the information regarding the cycle of rebirth elven souls go, how well do they remember their previous lives and any known methods to track a soul down to the most recent reincarnation.

As in, any known methods besides the divination spells Sirthis already has access to.

Also, he will prep all his divination spells (I'll update the spell sheet in a bit, still busy).

Xihirli
2021-04-18, 12:12 PM
I refuse to believe there are no steps involving Mab in there.

Make an Investigation roll

"I'm feeling good," Leff smiled, getting up. "Really feel like I deserved a party now."

Valmark
2021-04-18, 12:27 PM
Sirthis doesn't have anything to add so...

[roll0]
Lucky [roll1]

Oh, he'll also ask for a big tub he can keep filled with the stuff Jade brought. Maybe more then one tub. It's materials for the Guards and Wards spell to protect the Fortress so he'd think it's fair to ask for help storing it.
Eris grinned "And you didn't want to go. It was so much fun!" she got up as well, getting clothed (normal, boring adventurer's clothes) and armored, then gathering all her traveling gear.

Xihirli
2021-04-18, 12:45 PM
Borra will keep it in the bunker.

"I didn't think we actually saved the city," Leff corrected. "Parties are nice." She followed suit and followed Eris out to the dining hall, where Delilah, Mávro and Deborah were seated having some fruit. Delilah didn't look at her mother, and Mávro looked uncomfortable.

Valmark
2021-04-18, 01:07 PM
Eris looked between the three of them a bit worriedly.
"Good morning...?" she said, though it was more a question then a real greeting.
"As soon as we visit Polly to hear if she finished the potions we get Aklah and can leave"

Xihirli
2021-04-18, 01:25 PM
"Which potions?" Deborah asked. "Good morning."
"I've talked to Mávro and she's going with you," Delilah said. "As an elf, she'll be able to recognize a few more tricks from my mother than you two will. No offense."

Valmark
2021-04-18, 01:40 PM
"Oh, potions to fight a blue dragon. We likely don't need them but in case we don't come back home before we go there I'd rather have them ahead of time" Eris explained "I'm... Confused. What do you mean that she'll 'recognize tricks from your mother'?" that question was aimed at Delilah instead.

Eris asking questions she probably shouldn't be asking.

Anyway, Sirthis will cast Divination. The question is 'Where can I find the current incarnation of Ystrella, the one Malyanna was a friend to?'

I guess she'll try to contact Sune hoping she can find out or knows (I'm not sure if he can contact other deities).

Xihirli
2021-04-18, 01:48 PM
"Good luck!" Deborah said.
"I'm not sure. It's just that my mother doesn't know how to be honest."

"Who?"

Valmark
2021-04-18, 02:07 PM
"I... Understand. Thank you, Mávro. It... Mustn't be easy being between a daughter and mother when there's hostility" not that she'd know. Eris decided to not pry any further into her family matters- especially since she already kind of knew.
When they had had some semblance of breakfast Eris hurried off to Polly.

Goddammit Sune. I believed in you.

Mmm no other spells would work, so I think Sirthis will Send to Anaweir as the most knowledgeable elf he knows (besides Malyanna but he'd rather not involve her until he has something).
"Sirthis Elvaninn, Mab's Consort. If you wanted to track down an elf that likely already reincarnated, potentially multiple times, what would you do?"

Xihirli
2021-04-18, 02:21 PM
Eventually, they might remember you. But there's really no other way.

"Fruit of mandrake, dug at night
When the moon is full and bright.
Sprig of yew and twig of fern
Make the fire dance and burn.

Lizard leg and faerie wing,
'Round about the cauldron sing!

Double double trouble you,
Bubble in a witches' brew!" Polly turned from the cauldron she was dancing around to see Eris. "Hey Eris! Here to pay for the necrotic potions and other hag swag? Well you've come to the right Crone Zone!" She pulled out a drawer of three potions. "I have most of the spell storing potions done, they just need the spells cast into them. These ones are hard, though! Rare ingredients, too. It'll probably take me months of gathering before I can make these again, so I think I'll charge five hundred for each."

Valmark
2021-04-18, 03:15 PM
"Yup, I am. Do you mind telling Stacia to store them for me? I'm leaving and don't actually need them with me. I mean the necrotic resistance ones" Eris asked, pulling out a rather big bag of platinum coins- then a smaller one.
"I can pay for the Spell Storing ones too. Gimme a bit to count the money" she started setting aside 150 platinums.

"What about the lightning ones? Are they ready yet? Also, clarification on the Spell Storing potions- what happens if one puts a spell such as Fireball in them? Do they become bombs or should one still drink those? Not saying we will, just asking"

Alright, I guess Sirthis won't inquire about that subject for the rest of the day. If he still has time he'll ask for Aldora and Hoket's help on researching demons- more specifically types with peculiar abilities to expand his Summon Greater Demon options.

(I more specifically want to be able to summon Dybbuks and Shadow Demons, but Sirthis doesn't know what those are).

Xihirli
2021-04-18, 03:33 PM
"Don't drink fireballs!" Polly advised.
"I've only got four lightning resistance ones done right now. I thought I had a week, what gives?"

Valmark
2021-04-18, 04:01 PM
"Oh don't worry, you do. I was just asking in case I could buy them before leaving and not have to come back here in case we needed to hurry- don't worry" Eris assured her.

When she was done counting the platinums she paid for the Spell Storing potions and said goodbye to Polly, bringing them back to Leff and Deborah. She was the one who could make the best use of those.
Leff, Eris had no idea how good Deborah actually was with magic.

Xihirli
2021-04-18, 06:09 PM
Leff took them up. "I'll identify them in a bit." She looked at Deborah. "Where are we going?"
"If you can turn us into wind, the journey to the passageway into the underdark will be sped up."
"Smoke. I can turn us into smoke. It's similar, though."

Valmark
2021-04-18, 06:24 PM
"They are Spell Storing potions. Without a spell stored in" Eris said, unsure what Leff meant by identifying them "Let's get Aklah and leave" she headed to the wyvern's lodgings.

"What's the difference between smoke and wind? I mean as far as our travel is concerned. Smoke's visible?" Eris had never stopped to ask herself wether they were visible to outsiders in their gaseous forms.

Xihirli
2021-04-18, 06:35 PM
"Yeah, it is. And Identify should tell me how to store the spells," Leff said. "Remember, we never actually used them last time. We just killed the guy." They went out to meet Aklah, who was happily chowing down on a cow. She snarled at Deborah.

Valmark
2021-04-18, 06:51 PM
"Calm down Aklah" Eris reassured her "Fairly sure Deborah won't steal your breakfast" she said "We're about to start traveling, so make sure you hurry up"

Meanwhile she turned to Deborah "Where's the passageway by the way? Maybe we can teleport closer before starting to fly. Anything we should be warned about beyond mindflayers, those... Weird floating tentacled brains with beaks and that kind of giant creature-wyverns-hate with tentacles?" Eris asked "We met and fought all those the last time. And other things, but those weren't exactly typical of the place"

Xihirli
2021-04-18, 06:58 PM
Aklah whined and ate a bit faster, making a few awful snapping sounds.
"There are a few," Deborah answered. "The Cloak Wood has the nearest."

Valmark
2021-04-18, 07:12 PM
"Cloak Wood... Isn't that basically next to Baldur's Gate? On the map I mean" Eris asked "Guess we don't have to teleport. And is that the shortest path to our destination or to the Underdark in general? Asking because the most distance we can clear before descending into the Underdark the faster it should be thanks to our magic"

Xihirli
2021-04-18, 07:28 PM
"Middle of the ocean," Deborah said. "So here or the Moonshae Islands would be about the same distance."

Valmark
2021-04-18, 07:30 PM
"Very well- then we'll go from here. No reason to cross the ocean" Eris said, waiting for Aklah to be ready to travel.

Xihirli
2021-04-18, 07:33 PM
Aklah came up to Eris with bloody fangs and nuzzled her face with loving rustles of her throat.
"Oh, lovely. Alright, gather around," Leff said. She sat down and started lighting Eris and the others aflame.
"Oh, you turn people into smoke by burning them."

Valmark
2021-04-18, 07:37 PM
"I swear we recompose ourselves afterwards" Eris said with a giggle and smooched Aklah's head giving her petsies.
"Why did you decide to accompany us personally anyway? I'm grateful of course, but also curious- it's quite the potential risk" she asked Deborah. It came to her mind that she didn't ask why the other was going so far.

Xihirli
2021-04-18, 07:41 PM
Deborah lifted a hand. "Sh. I'm watching this." As her legs and waist burned her up to the top, turning her into a tunnel of smoke. Deborah swirled around, getting a feel for the experience, and then rocketed into the sky seeming to enjoy herself. Smokily.

Valmark
2021-04-18, 07:45 PM
ºShould I be jealous?º Eris thought to herself, though she could perfectly understand the feeling of liking seeing Leff burn people with the white fire. And the others too.
She sailed after Deborah, competing with Aklah now that they had the same speed.

Kfowoap!

Xihirli
2021-04-18, 10:41 PM
Aklah and Leff's smoke mingled with Eris's as they flew through the air as streaks of heat until they came to the forest, speeding past trees and shrubs and then Deborah experimented, trying to go underground as smoke. Didn't work. So she tried locating a smaller hole than normal, presumably to avoid any guardians, and then they were rocketing through some tunnels.

After only one hour of smoking downward, Deborah stopped and waited to become corporeal. Once she had a mouth she spoke: "There is one more area that I think is safe enough for travel that fast. Are you ready?"

Valmark
2021-04-19, 02:33 AM
"Of course" Eris nodded (when she had a head to nod with) "Lead the way"

couple of perception checks at disadvantage as they travel through the galleris!

Eris [roll0] [roll1]
Aklah [roll2] [roll3]

Xihirli
2021-04-19, 11:31 AM
They walked for about forty minutes before coming to a crossroads. Deborah immediately took them left, where they walked for another ten minutes until Deborah stopped and looked at a pebble as it bounced. She swore in elvish and grabbed Eris, dragging her back as hard as she could before the cave collapsed down on their heads.

"Kír!" Leff shouted, and a wall of purple fire blocked the stone long enough for them to back up away from the cave-in.
"What was that?"
"Probably just a purple worm tunneling above us. We can double back and go down the right path, but... well, we'll be going through Drow territory."

Valmark
2021-04-19, 11:46 AM
Eris breathed relieved "Thanks for the save"

"Would the drow territory be the fastest way?" Eris asked "If so, let's go that way. On the road you can tell us what we can expect as 'typical' dangers- I'm aware of draegloths and poisons, but that's about it"

Xihirli
2021-04-19, 11:55 AM
"The drow themselves can be a horrifying army... and we're not getting through like this. You..." she frowned, looking Eris up and down. "No one would believe you're a slave. We'll have to pretend to own the other two together. Can you change your appearance to look more feral? Demon blood will draw less attention than devil blood."

Valmark
2021-04-19, 12:13 PM
"I can try- I'm not sure how to look demonic, to be honest" Eris stated, as she started modifying herself- her eyes became normal but of a bloody red color for the irids, all of her teeth grew pointed like a shark's while her nails became more pointed and uglier- her whole body turned into a darker shade of red, her skin losing his apparent smoothness (especially the tail) to leave the impression of a rough hide. Eris also made a few adjustment to her face- a tougher jaw, more pronounced angle, a squatter nose.
"No drow should know me aside from your family- but just in case, I twisted my facial features. This enough for more feral? I can also change my clothes, though it's only visual appearance" she asked, then looked at Leff "Are you alright with it though? You'd have to pretend to be a slave"

Yes, I'm aware of how silly asking you this sounds. But I mean the bad kind of slavery.

"Wait, how should we act in regard to Aklah and Leff? I'm not sure I could hold back if someone tried to hurt them" and by 'hold back' she meant 'don't dine on their entrails'.

Xihirli
2021-04-19, 12:21 PM
"Keep them close, guard them as your property. Aklah is a wyvern you stole as an egg and imprinted on to turn her into a killing machine." Deborah pointed at Aklah's bloody fangs.

"I prefer the normal you. But I can do this."
Mávro nodded her assent. "I can understand you all," she said to Eris briefly.
"Can you dismiss the raven?" Debora asked, opening her backpack and taking out a long, flowing black robe. She started to change.
Mávro and Debora briefly spoke in elvish while the drow changed.

Valmark
2021-04-19, 01:19 PM
"Not too far from the truth- I did beat up a giant for the egg. I just have to gloss over the context- and Aklah knows how to strike on command. Even feasted on a few dragons" Eris nodded, waiting for Deborah to get changed without looking at her.

I should be able to treat you as my property. Heh. This might be a biiiit fun after all.

"What if someone tries to speak to me in Abyssal? Neither of my language spells would allow me to talk back without getting discovered. Should I just snarl aggressively without saying anything?" she asked- she made sure there was no visible symbol of the Raven Queen or the component pouch. Mostly the first.
"Leff, if Aklah tries to nuzzle against me you should likely intervene. Not sure wether that'd be suspicious or not"

Xihirli
2021-04-19, 01:27 PM
"Shouldn't be. Drow can be very affectionate with our pets, playing with Aklah and Leff will make you fit right in. And I suppose you'll just have to fake it. If worst comes to worst, 'leave me alone' in Abyssal is 'me solum relinquatis,'" Deborah said in a guttural growl.
Leff tapped her earring to respond to Eris and Deborah frowned, now fully dressed. "Jewelry like that will lead to questions... and can you take off the armor and carry it so it looks like you're carrying it for me?" She passed her backpack over to Mávro.

Valmark
2021-04-19, 02:03 PM
"Mmm... Our earrings are used to talk to each other. Wouldn't an item that let's me give secret orders be apt to give to my wizard slave? Otherwise..." Eris frowned "I... Guess I should keep it for you?" the second question was aimed at Leff.

"Oh, uhm, I should tell you that my sword is a demon-slaying sentient sword. It literally screams out when we find demons- even held a conversation with Demogorgon. That going to be a problem?" Eris asked "Unsure if it does that while sheated though" she renewed her Disguise Self, now covering Black Ice in an illusion too- it still looked like an imposing greatsword but it's most defining traits (like the jagger blade) had been smoothed over.

Xihirli
2021-04-19, 02:11 PM
"Not necessarily. Nobody would throw away a spectacular sword just because it got uppity sometimes," Deborah said. "And no, I'm hoping they don't ever learn Mávro and Leff are casters. We'll be searched and watched much more carefully if we bring casters in. Keep your spell stuff in the packs."
Mávro put her book of shadows and holy symbol into the pack and passed Morrigan over to Deborah to sit on her shoulder instead.
Leff took off the earring. She put it in Eris's hands and then held them. "I won't leave your side," she promised. "So we'll never be far enough apart to need these."

Valmark
2021-04-19, 02:23 PM
Eris gave Leff a kiss.
"I know. Guess you'll have to stick close to my tail" she grinned with her new shark teeth.
"Oh, maybe the ring should go too. The magical one. Wedding rings are better?" she turned to look at Deborah "What's the policy on marrying slaves?"

Xihirli
2021-04-19, 02:31 PM
"We call those concubines and they don't get jewelry. If they see us each with a wedding ring," she lifted her left hand which had a thin wedding band, "they'll assume you and I are married."
Leff took off her wedding ring of commanding fire elementals and gave it to Eris.

Valmark
2021-04-19, 02:59 PM
"Please tell me we don't have to pretend to be lovey-dovey" Eris said "No offense. If you're monogamous you should understand" she didn't know wether that was the case. She didn't even know if Deborah loved her husband.

"So, jewelry taken care of. Spell related stuff taken care of. Body taken care of- I think we can go?" Eris gave herself a once-over to double check, renewing her spell yet again. This time Black Ice looked normal.
"Lasts an hour, so the latest I start the countdown the better it is in case I have trouble finding a chance to renew it without being seen"

Xihirli
2021-04-19, 03:05 PM
"Seems that we are ready. And rely on your own comfort level, I can work with it." Deborah started the walk back to the crossroads.
"Oh! And down here I suppose you should call me Banalla, of the House Illis."

Valmark
2021-04-19, 03:18 PM
"Think we should use a fake name?" Eris asked "We have been doing a name for ourselves stopping villains, after all. Including in the Underdark"

Xihirli
2021-04-19, 03:26 PM
"That would be a wise precaution," Banalla Illis said flatly. They turned around down the right tunnel they'd gone past before.

Valmark
2021-04-19, 03:29 PM
"How about Sizora? Illis can be my family name" Eris proposed. She reached up to touch the earring, then blinked and stopped with a little sulking.

Xihirli
2021-04-19, 03:36 PM
"Sizora. I like it." They moved for a few more minutes before she slowed down.
"City guards are ahead. Ready?"

Valmark
2021-04-19, 03:47 PM
Eris renewed her disguise one last time.
"Let's see how rusty my lying has gotten. Ready"

Xihirli
2021-04-19, 04:10 PM
Striding forward with a noblewoman's confidence, Banalla led them to the end of a tunnel, where they could faintly see lights embedded into the rocks. It looked almost like Regalia off in the distance. But they were stopped by three drow – two men and a woman at the head, with a robe like Banalla's, but with a spiderweb-patterned cloak on over it.

"Hold there," she said in a language Eris had heard a few times – undercommon.
"What right do you have to stop my business?" Banalla asked, sounding annoyed to even have to acknowledge the other drow's presence.
"Right? We're here to protect the Sibling-Killers," the woman said, the word automatically translating in Eris's head. "And you approach with four who are not of our kin. You." She pointed at Eris. "Who are you?"

Valmark
2021-04-19, 04:25 PM
I'm assuming it's still Undercommon. Or at least not Common.

Eris snarled back at the elf, baring her teeth, but seemed to refuse giving her a moment of consideration and instead turned to Banalla "They giving us trouble?" she asked in Common, sounding angry. Although she was only annoyed at the moment.

Xihirli
2021-04-19, 04:38 PM
"Does your pet have a problem?"
"Do you have a problem with my wife?" Banalla asked. "I just wanted to show her my homeland, what business is it of yours?"
"And the other two?"
"Slaves, if you must know," Banalla kept up the 'hostile and angry to be bothered' routine. Seemed to be expected.
"Really?" the border guard asked, eying Leff and Mávro. She took a step closer. "Hardly any meat on them, what use are they?"

Valmark
2021-04-19, 04:54 PM
Upon seeing her get closer to them Eris stepped in front, growling out a "Hands off our concubines or I'll snap them" her tail coiled protectively around Leff's (with practiced ease) and Mávro's (with less practiced ease) waists as best as it could. It was long but not that long.

She wasn't clear on wether they understood Common, but the gesture should've been iconic enough.

I figured it was easier to call both of them like that instead of just Leff. Like Delilah would say, Mávro does have a nice thight gap.

Xihirli
2021-04-19, 05:05 PM
"Ah, that would explain this one." She nodded to Mávro. "I wouldn't mind getting a taste."
"We traveled light. These ones are only for personal use."
"But then we have her. The genasi." The drow ran a finger over Leff's cheek. The wizard did her best I'm-scared-but-not-doing-anything act, which to be fair was not an act. "What's she do for anyone?"
"I don't see how that's much of your business," Banalla interjected. "Now if you'll excuse us..." And she started moving toward the city without waiting for permission.

Valmark
2021-04-19, 05:36 PM
Eris' eyes flared open- it wasn't clear if it was the insult, the touching or Leff's reaction but probably all three. For the sake of the situation it was the second and third reasons.
She pulled Leff away from the drow, putting an arm around her to hold her close staring daggers at the robed one as she followed Banalla.
ºHope I don't learn your name, bitchº

But she didn't say it, since it looked like they were leaving.

Xihirli
2021-04-19, 05:40 PM
After a few minutes of walking, Banalla let her breath go out. "That went better than I thought it would. Alright, let's just try to go around the city."

Valmark
2021-04-19, 05:52 PM
"Fine by me" Eris said, still holding Leff "I almost lost it there. What's she do for anyone... I'll tel-" she quited down, realizing that wasn't exactly the kind of discussion to have, so she just finished with "I swear I wanted to hit her so much"

Xihirli
2021-04-19, 06:00 PM
Leff held her close. "It's alright. I know you find me beautiful."
Banalla led them around the city, giving other passersby a wide berth.
"Comprehend Languages provides a literal translation," Mávro said in Elvish. "What are the 'sibling-killers'?"
"That is us. The Drow. As part of Lolth's curse, all Drow are twins by nature, but only the one who kills the other can be born. That is how we come into this world. Murderers fresh from the womb." And Banalla kept moving.

Valmark
2021-04-19, 06:24 PM
"That's... Awful" Eris said, frowning "I mean, I know that can happen naturally, but to be forced to is... Ugh" she renewed her spells since it looked like nobody was around looking "So she basically said they're protecting the children?"

Xihirli
2021-04-19, 06:28 PM
"The Drow. We never stop being murderers, Eris. Every Drow who is born has killed at least one." She identified two tunnels, one of which was full of heavily armed drow. "Either will get us to Gracklestug. It seems we’re at war with the duergar right now, so the army will be coming with us that way. The other will delay us perhaps a day."

Valmark
2021-04-19, 06:33 PM
"Would we have to fight duergars?" Eris asked "You said Gracklestug is a duergar city. I would go the fastest way unless we risked provoking them into being hostile when we have to enter their city"

Xihirli
2021-04-19, 07:09 PM
"If we went with the army we would be expected to participate, but perhaps we could get ahead of them."
"Hold on," Leff said. "What do you all do after you capture weapons and armor from people?"
"Usually they're not up to our standards so we melt them down for ore."
"So if there are dwarf weapons at the forges waiting to be melted down, they'd most likely be from Gracklestug?"
"Most likely."
Leff smiled at Eris. "Wanna speed this trip up?"

Valmark
2021-04-19, 07:15 PM
Eris stared at her dumbfounded for a few seconds before her neurons managed to track each other down and connect.
"You can use an object from Gracklestug to teleport there" Eris realized and left a big kiss on her wife "That's awesome. Banalla, do you know where we can find the forges without having to search for them?"

Xihirli
2021-04-19, 07:20 PM
"A bit lower, where we can more safely keep the fires going. Near the outskirts of the city. Other side," Banalla said. "We'll have to talk our way into the forges but that shouldn't be a problem. Only men are blacksmiths, and they're trained to listen to women in all instances." She began the walk back the way they came.

Valmark
2021-04-19, 07:24 PM
Eris followed along.
"When we teleport I assume there's a good chance we'll be among duergars- I guess we should expect hostility since we'll appear out of nowhere with their enemy" she mused "We should try to talk our way out, but just in case be ready to defend yourself"

Xihirli
2021-04-20, 08:59 AM
"I try to be." The forge was a ditch that veered off into a tunnel. The sound of metal on metal and the heat of the furnace and Banalla strode in, then stopped as if frozen in shock. Overlooking the furnace was a drow woman happily petting a massive purple spider. Her robes were rich, if not very covering, and denoted a clear status.
"Milady," Banalla said.
"How is the farm?" The woman asked. "Deborah."

Valmark
2021-04-20, 09:14 AM
"Uh" Eris noted hearing 'Deborah' "You know each other?" she asked, feigning ignorance to Banalla's sudden formal tone. She'd rather be considered an ignorant who didn't know the language and proper customs for as long as possible.

Which wasn't too far from the truth, honestly.

How far is the nearest equipment we want to steal? In case we need to run.

Xihirli
2021-04-20, 09:29 AM
"You would not have had Eltab's release on your conscience either, sister," Deborah said. "This is my sister, Yvune Illis. Priestess of Lolth. And that is... I assume Mir'ply grew up?"
Yvune stroked the spider's pedipalps. "Why yes. Quite strong, I think you will find."

Perception check. Here's Leff's Investigation to try and find out which of the swords is dwarf make. [roll0]

Valmark
2021-04-20, 09:43 AM
Perception! [roll0]

I assume Aklah doesn't count in this situation.

Eris frowned "I'm not understanding if you have a good relationship with her" that was actually somewhat true, though the words about the spider growing strong made her think not. And it looked like Yvune resented Deborah for Eltab's death. But she officially didn't understood them.
"Mir'ply sounds really well though, if that's the spider"

Xihirli
2021-04-20, 09:52 AM
"Yvune. I didn't mean to leave you."
Yvune snapped her head back toward Deborah. "But you did. And for every war, for every assassination attempt, for every draegloth that pushed its way out of me... I was alone. And that's how you're going to die."
The blacksmiths around them lifted up their swords and turned toward them. There was a signal apparently.

Initiative

Yvune [roll0]
Mávro [roll1]
The three Draegloth that are hiding [roll2]
"Blacksmiths" [roll3]
Leff [roll4]

Valmark
2021-04-20, 10:13 AM
"Nevermind, I understood" Eris said, unsheating Black Ice.

Initiative!
[roll0] adv. [roll1] Eris
[roll2] Aklah

Xihirli
2021-04-20, 10:25 AM
"Which one?" Mávro asked Leff, indicating the weapons nearby. "That one!" Mávro ran over and brought the sword back.
"It was nice to meet you, Yvune." Leff lifted the sword. "Zuzem!"
Does Eris consent to being teleported?

Valmark
2021-04-20, 10:34 AM
"Nice spider!" Eris called waving.

Yes she does.

Xihirli
2021-04-20, 10:37 AM
And in a shower of sparks, Eris found herself in the same furnace she was in when her, Leff and Sirthis fought the Morbuzakh.
There were a lot of duergar working the forges looking sharply back at them.
"Here we are," Deborah said. "Gracklestug."

Valmark
2021-04-20, 10:46 AM
"Wh- h- b-" Eris blinked repeatedly "I can't believe it, we were here last time. We helped these guys" she shook her head amused, then realized the situation and added "Tell them we come in peace? And that I'll be casting a spell to speak their language because I don't understand it?" she asked, not remembering wether last time they spoke Common or not. As soon as Deborah gave them the go ahead she started rummaging through their stuff to give Mávro and Leff back ther things and get her holy simbol and component pouch.

Xihirli
2021-04-20, 10:55 AM
Deborah called this out to them, and a Duergar ran off. They were soon approached by three Duergar guards. Eris was able to cast her spell.

Valmark
2021-04-20, 11:06 AM
"Hi" Eris said as soon as Tongues was up when the guards arrived "My name is Eris Lelahinn. You may r... Right, I don't currently have the right appearance. You might remember my wife from when a plant monster took possession of this furnace and you enlisted our help to fight it" she gestured to Leff "Leflabah Lelahinn. And Aklah, the wyvwern with the golden armor. I'm sorry to come here like this but we are searching for a person- another fire genasi like her. She told us she could meet us here in Gracklestug" Eris turned to Leff "Do you know wether she's inside the city or not? Maybe we should Send to her"

I don't think Eris ever actually heard Leff's mother's name, I'm not sure. At least not without it being mixed in with Ignan words.

Xihirli
2021-04-20, 11:09 AM
"Leshruf. We're looking for a woman named Leshruf."
The guards looked at each other. "Come to the walls." And they left the forge.

Valmark
2021-04-20, 11:13 AM
"...alright?" Eris said, going along and hoping they weren't about to throw them over the walls. Now that would be surprising.

"You think she might be helping them against the drows? You said she was a fighter right?" Eris asked Leff.

Fighter as in a warrior, not Fighter the class. Not necessarily anyway.

Xihirli
2021-04-20, 11:29 AM
"She was. It has been ten years, though. She could have learned any number of things." They went up to the walls and oversaw a siege... weapons of war, rams and catapults were lined up at the walls, firing at the dwarf archers who were picking off the drow piloting the siege machines. Then a cloaked figure stood tall over the parapets for a moment.
"Kadör..."
"...Amah?"
"Ahash!" And an explosion swept over one of the catapults, lighting it up in fire.
"Amah!"

Valmark
2021-04-20, 11:33 AM
"Yup, she's decidedly your mother" Eris nodded "Hey, why don't you throw one of yours at a catapult before coming to her? Imagine her hearing your voice out of nowhere and seeing your fire" she proposed to Leff.

Xihirli
2021-04-20, 11:39 AM
Leff smiled and pointed at another catapult.
"Kadör..."
"...Flabah?"
"Ahash!"
And in another explosion, another catapult in flames.
Suddenly Leff was being hugged by a cloaked fire genasi.

Valmark
2021-04-20, 11:42 AM
"Oh wow, even the same reactions" Eris mused, but then shutted up with an happy smile. She didn't want to disturb Leff and her mother's family reunion.

Xihirli
2021-04-20, 11:54 AM
They started speaking in Ignan. But Tongues.

"I thought you were dead!"
"I thought you were dead, what happened?"
"Your father left me with an emergency spark of white fire, so when I nearly died it kept me alive. I fell unconscious, but was left alone. When I awoke... well, many were dead. The rest were missing. How did you escape?"
"I, uh, didn't. I was captured and they let me go after a few years."
Leshruf looked up at Eris. "And who is this?"
"Leshruf, this is my wife, Eris. Eris, can you... can you undo your disguise?"

Valmark
2021-04-20, 12:05 PM
"I can, kind of" Eris said, Dispelling herself. Her natural appearance was fully revealed, and Eris smiled "My name is Eris Lelahinn- and I'm proud to say that I'm married to your daughter. Oh, uhm, I also removed my language spell so... Can't understand Ignan anymore. These are, in order, Aklah Lelahinn, Mávro Ftéroma and Deborah Hadad... I think" she wasn't sure if 'Hadad' was her surname or if it was her husband's and she didn't take it.

"And she'd be your granddaughter then" Eris happily gave Aklah lots of neck rubs.

Xihirli
2021-04-20, 12:18 PM
Aklah rustled her throat and nuzzled Eris.
"I missed my baby girl's wedding," Leshruf said with a sob, holding Leff tighter. "Thank you for looking after Flabah when I could not." She reached a hand out toward Eris but Aklah snapped at it.
"Ah... good to meet you, Aklah."

Valmark
2021-04-20, 12:32 PM
"She takes some time getting used to new faces" Eris explained "Aklah, don't worry. She's family. And... It was my pleasure, though she looked after me just as well. And I'm always up for marrying your daughter another time" she smiled at Leff, but then looked at the siege "I feel the need to address the elephant in the room. The one throwing catapults"

Xihirli
2021-04-20, 12:44 PM
"Ah. Right. I've moved into Gracklestug recently. Then they were attacked by Drow. I've taken on... a bit of a new project fighting off Mind Flayers. This has been an unfortunate distraction." Leshruf let go of Leff and blew up another catapult.
"With our help, we should be able to break this siege."
"I didn't guide you here so that you could kill my kin," Deborah said. "I understand that they are attacking, but I would ask that you minimize bloodshed."

Valmark
2021-04-20, 01:00 PM
"Is there a way to break the siege with few casualties?" Eris asked "Break their chain of command, cut off their supplies to force a retreat, that kind of thing. If they can starve the duergars to death breaking their siege machines will just prolong this, not stop it. Unless they don't have funds for a war of attrition" she said.

"I'm assuming diplomacy was tried and failed... Or not an option"

Xihirli
2021-04-20, 01:04 PM
"We have fishing," Leshruf said. "Their best hope is breaking through our walls."
"So the siege machines," Leff said. "Amah, do you... want to come with us?"
"Flabah, more than anything. But my work continues with the Mind Flayers. They have plans involving something called the Isle of Dread, and I must learn more."

Valmark
2021-04-20, 01:20 PM
"Lovely place unless you go on the side with the spiders. A Tarrasque's napping there" Eris said "Your research might get a big leap if you come with us, we've been there multiple times"

Xihirli
2021-04-20, 01:29 PM
"Hm. Well then, I suppose I will go with you." Leshruf hugged her daughter once again. "The Tarrasque, you say? Such a majestic creature should never be subject to the whims of the Mind Flayers."

Valmark
2021-04-20, 01:45 PM
"I'm more worried about the mindflayers having such a destructive monster under their command" Eris said, frowning a bit at the apparent admiration for the Tarrasque "We should tell Elakian. He should be there keeping watch on it, after all"

Xihirli
2021-04-20, 02:04 PM
Leff brought her hand to her ear with purple fire, bumping her naked earlobe in the process. "Can I have my rings back, Eris?" she asked, and Sent.
"Mind Flayers on their way to you. Might have plans with the Tarrasque."
Elakian’s voice projected back:
"Let them come. It is nearly the time to awaken it, and I welcome their presence for the event."

Valmark
2021-04-20, 02:06 PM
Eris blinked.
"What the **** did he just say?" she growled out eyes wide, but did give Leff her varied, magical and non-magical, jewelry back.

Xihirli
2021-04-20, 02:16 PM
Leff put on the wedding ring first, letting out a sigh of relief the instant it was on. "Amah, we may have left a god-eating titan in the care of a crazy man."
"Crazy? How so? The Tarrasque is a creature like you or I. What right do we have to keep it asleep? And ought it be?"

Leff shut her eyes to stop the tears. "Damn."

Valmark
2021-04-20, 02:24 PM
"The Tarrasque is a creature of endless hunger that feasts on, among other things, people. Guess who's one? your daughter" Eris replied angrily, upon hearing Leshruf's words and knowing what it meant for Leff "You clearly don't care about the world, but unless you also don't care about your family you better start wishing the Tarrasque asleep, don't you think?"

Xihirli
2021-04-20, 02:32 PM
Leshruf stepped into Eris’s face. "How dare you question my love for my family. I was lost when they fell! I fell into despair when I thought my daughter dead! She was my world! And I see that you have poisoned her head so that I may never have her back! For she once knew that it is Fire’s place to die when its time comes, that life is the aberration!"
Aklah shrieked and muscled her way in between Leshruf and Eris.
"Let’s go, Eris," Leff said quietly. "We’ve wasted enough time, and I already have a family."

Valmark
2021-04-20, 03:03 PM
Eris actually laughed at Leshruf's words- she didn't at Leff's. She needed to remember how hard it was for her.
"You're nothing but a wet puddle of water" she scoffed "Fearing death while you cling to life- all cultists like you never have the strenght to believe in their ideals. You'll never understand true, unquelchable fire- yes, let's go Shamash" she wrapped Aklah and Leff in a hug ready to leave.

"Oh by the by the whole story about the raven from the volcano? Met her. It's a god. And got back her colors. And she's happy about it!"

Xihirli
2021-04-20, 03:25 PM
Leff teleported them after "Let's go" so nothing after that was said anywhere near Leshruf.
They appeared next to Polly as she was brewing, with Tor on her head. Probably because Leff's associated object was one of Polly's potions.
"How'd it go?"
Leff vanished in another shower of sparks, leaving the others behind. Aklah moved into the sparks and seemed confused when she wasn't next to Leff.

Valmark
2021-04-20, 03:34 PM
"We discovered that Leff's mother wants to see the world die" Eris said in short then bolted towards her room, thinking Leff went there.

Xihirli
2021-04-20, 03:39 PM
Leff wasn't there.

Valmark
2021-04-20, 03:42 PM
Eris looked around confused.

Where are you?

She Sent, heading to check the basement.

Xihirli
2021-04-20, 03:49 PM
Leff wasn't at the basement. Eris didn't get a response.

Valmark
2021-04-20, 03:59 PM
Eris pulled out her mirror to Scry for her, going to the closet to retrieve one of her (Leff's) masks. Or one of her private outfits.

Scrying. Wis save DC 18, I think Leff has a -9 (-5 because Eris presumably knows Leff well, -4 if she has a possession or garment).

Xihirli
2021-04-20, 04:03 PM
Leff was on the roof, finishing up her spell that made a dome of fire around herself.

Valmark
2021-04-20, 04:12 PM
Eris teleported to the roof- a bit higher, since she wasn't sure she wanted to invade Leff's privacy like that.
"I won't enter" she said, worry in her voice "And I'll stay silent if you don't want to talk- but I won't leave you alone" she touched down next to the dome and sat down, placing her hand against it, as if to try and reach her.
"I won't leave the woman I love alone when she needs it the most"

Xihirli
2021-04-20, 04:13 PM
Eris heard some tapping on the other end of the opaque solid fire, as if Leff's hand were reaching for hers for a second.

But there weren't any words coming from the dome.

Valmark
2021-04-20, 04:32 PM
Eris swallowed- this was the first time she was being shut out. And the first time she saw Leff like that.
"I won't pretend to know what it feels like" she bit her lip "But when you're in pain... You should lean on me. On all the Lelahinns" she closed her mouth, not wanting to pressure Leff too much.

Tecnically there could be other Lelahinns since Eris had a slew of other siblings all adopted by Caleb.

In practice she doesn't care about those.

Xihirli
2021-04-20, 04:36 PM
There was no response. Eris heard Leff crying inside, though.

Valmark
2021-04-20, 04:55 PM
Eris stayed silent for a few seconds, then frowned.
ºThis is bull****, she needs meº and teleported inside, to pull Leff into an hug. Or tried to, since she wasn't sure were Leff was positioned within the dome and Eris was teleporting blindly. She tried on the opposite side since it looked like Leff was somewhere near her.

If Leff tries to escape Eris can't stop her because she run out of magic. At least magically.

Xihirli
2021-04-20, 04:58 PM
Eris could not enter the dome.

Spells and Magical Effects cannot extend into Leomund's Tiny Hut!

Valmark
2021-04-20, 05:14 PM
Eris sat there and now she looked shocked because she couldn't reach her.
"You don't need her" she said "You're a beautiful and powerful bright person who saved countless of lives -including mine- and picked her own path in life- one who is surrounded by people that love her. Her own house, her own family" Eris frowned, having no idea if that was helping Leff. She... Wasn't even clear on the exact reasons Leff was crying for.
"I... I think you really hoped she changed. And I did too, although I was less involved. But even if she's not... You're not alone. Me, Aklah and Ishat are all here for you" she looked around "If we call them, at least"

Xihirli
2021-04-20, 05:18 PM
Finally there were words. "I know, Eris. And I'll come to you later. I just... need to be alone right now, okay?"

Valmark
2021-04-20, 05:32 PM
"...fine. I'll be waiting for you" Eris left a kiss on the dome's walls (a pretty weird sensation) then spread her wings, standing on her feet to drop down and fly to the ground. She went to find Mávro, Deborah and Aklah whom she had brutally abandoned.

Xihirli
2021-04-20, 05:36 PM
Mávro was actually flying on Aklah's back. "I thought you were disturbed and that I should take her hunting," the Shadar-Kai explained briefly. "Deborah is trying to speak with Delilah, so Delilah took Gina for a walk in the town because there is sunlight which her mother hates."

Valmark
2021-04-20, 05:50 PM
"Thank you for telling me and... Yes, I was. Well, Leff is and thus I am too" Eris said "If you take Aklah out hunting you'd do me a favor. I'll try to find Deborah, maybe I can help her. Oh and... Leff wants to be alone, so we'll just have to wait. Saying it so you don't worry too much"

Xihirli
2021-04-20, 05:56 PM
Mávro nodded and took off.

Deborah was seated at the dining hall, and smiled in welcome as Eris approached.
"I have more in common with Leshruf than I’d care to admit. I know well the feeling of disappointing a daughter not by failing to live up to the person you were, but by not changing as they grow." She looked pained for a moment. "I thought I could change. I thought I could be better. And then I turned my baby girl into a pawn piece and sent her out to die, failing so hard that my other baby girl had to pick up the pieces."

Valmark
2021-04-20, 06:03 PM
"The fact that you're here with that expression tells me you know where you went wrong, though" Eris took a seat next to her "Have you ever... Apologized? Does Delilah know you feel guilty? she asked Deborah "It might sound obvious, but when you're hostile to someone it becomes hard to really listen to them. And Delilah... Well, you probably know better then me how she feels"

Xihirli
2021-04-20, 06:12 PM
Deborah indicated that the seat next to her was empty.
"I tried just now. She does not want to listen." Deborah chuckled. "It’s funny, in a disgusting, sociopathic way. That in order to be born we must kill the other who might have become us... then we become just like everyone around us." Another hollow, humorless laugh. "I mean, why kill them in the first place? Would my twin have come out worse? That is Lolth’s curse, I think. Forcing us to kill for our lives... then making us live the rest of our days knowing they are stolen, and knowing that our first murder was as pointless as our lives."
Polly came in with tea and a cat on her head.
"Who wants some of my mother’s famous tea? I didn’t have any orphan blood but... huh. MY blood is orphan blood. I’ll be right back, I can fix this."
"Oh. Please, Polly, I’m sure your tea is perfect as-is."

Valmark
2021-04-20, 06:38 PM
"Actually, orphan blood gives me rashes. I'd rather take it normal. Meow meow" Eris said, waving to Tor and Polly, and it might even have been true. Eris never tried it. She turned back to Deborah.
"I wouldn't call it senseless. From where I stand, it looks like having to survive. As for Delilah... Have you really tried? Let me explain. Everybody can sit next to someone and ask them to talk- but if you really want to patch things up you should do something flashy. Something she can't ignore. Possibly without being creepy" that was a legitimate risk "From what I understood she doesn't, among other things, believe in your truthfulness. I imagine that until she stops thinking of you as a liar she won't listen. Of course there's no guarantee that even then it'll work, but at least you can say that you tried"

Xihirli
2021-04-20, 07:16 PM
Polly brought the tea over as it was.
It was good.

"No, I think I’ll leave her a note." Debora drank her tea. "That way she doesn’t have to read it if she does not want to."

Valmark
2021-04-20, 07:28 PM
"Really, a note?" Eris said, looking dejected- she seemed to appreciate the tea though "I... Guess I don't really have enough experience with mothers to know wether that's a good idea or not" it didn't sound like a good idea, but maybe it'd work.

"Right, will you be leaving soon?"

Xihirli
2021-04-21, 12:00 AM
"I expect so. Thank you for your hospitality, Eris. But I have the rest of my family to look after." Debora finished her tea. "You have a lot of love in your heart. I admire that."

Ishat flew down and cuddled up to Eris. "Mom is upset," they said. "Because her mom isn't as good as mine?"

Valmark
2021-04-21, 02:34 AM
"Seems to me that you do too in truth- just need to show it" maybe not a lot, but Deborah wanted to make up with Delilah and worried about her family. And cared about her kin. She wasn't all bad.
"Oh uhm, I know it's not very important at the moment, but could you write us a map for finding the diamondwater? Is it anywhere on this map?" she showed her Kavi's, the map without Gracklestug.

Eris hugged Ishat close, nodding sadly.
"Yes, that's basically it. Her mother wants to hurt a lot of people... Including her own family. That... Hit Leff harshly. We both hoped she had changed"

Xihirli
2021-04-21, 09:29 AM
Deborah drew an X on the map and left Eris with her kid.

"Why would anyone want that? Everyone should have a mom like you two."

Valmark
2021-04-21, 10:44 AM
"I... I don't know. She's got screwed up beliefs but I don't know why she has those" Eris frowned "Everybody's born different, it'll happen that there are people like that. We just need to find and protect those that aren't... And try to help those that are. Although... It doesn't look like Leshruf -Leff's mother- can be helped" she wasn't being forced, nor did she have anything to protect apparently. She was doing it just because Leshruf liked it.

"Makes me so pissed if I think about how happy Leff was for a time there"

Xihirli
2021-04-21, 10:58 AM
Ishat hugged Eris a bit more, then Leff appeared in front of them. "Hi, Eris." She joined the family hug.

Valmark
2021-04-21, 11:05 AM
"Hi, Leff" Eris widened her hug to welcome Leff too in her arms "We missed you"

Xihirli
2021-04-21, 11:09 AM
"I just needed a few minutes alone. Now I need a few hours holding my family."

Valmark
2021-04-21, 11:11 AM
"And we love being held, don't we Ishat?" Eris smiled and held Leff closer, falling silent. Holding her wife for hours was what she did best.

Xihirli
2021-04-21, 11:15 AM
"Yes!" Ishat said.
Leff held Eris and Ishat for a bit then cleared her throat. "Um... a chair might not be the place to do it, though."

Valmark
2021-04-21, 11:21 AM
"Should we go to bed, then?" Eris asked- there weren't that many comfortable places. And Aklah was probably still out.

Xihirli
2021-04-21, 11:26 AM
"Yes," Leff answered. She didn't let go of Eris.

Valmark
2021-04-21, 11:32 AM
"And up!" Eris reached behind Leff's legs and lifted her up in her arms, trusting that Ishat could stay steady by themselves, then walked to their bedroom.

Xihirli
2021-04-21, 11:35 AM
Ishat got onto Eris's shoulder and Leff wrapped her arms around Eris's neck.
Once on the bed, Leff got right back into holding her family tight. And after a few minutes she let herself cry.

Valmark
2021-04-21, 11:59 AM
Eris stroked Leff's hair gently, covering the three of them in her wings. She didn't say anything, but kissed Leff's head.

She figured time and comfort was what she needed.

Xihirli
2021-04-23, 02:48 PM
That night, Sirthis had a Dream. He was on a sapphire throne, seated next to Malyanna in one identical. They were in a white room with sapphire inlay in the floors writing out a long tale in Elvish.
"Like it? I figure since my palace can be whatever I want I'd take criticism."

Valmark
2021-04-23, 03:40 PM
"Uh, I like what you did to the place" Sirthis whistled "I didn't expect you to go for so much white. There again, it does look good with blue added in"

What does the tale say? All of it!

"Did you copy the spell you said you needed to?"

Xihirli
2021-04-23, 04:09 PM
In my village we have a tradition that firstborns are to become druid, with no choice for them. That and a teacher with dubious methods contributed to me having a particular distaste for protocols, ranks and getting told what to do- which is why I'd costantly sneak off. That's how I became a musician, also- this woman, Lorraine, took me under her wing. Anyway, a week ago -or what passes for a week around here- a demon, a draegloth, attacked my village. Picture a tall, multi armed black creature, with long claws and a white mane. As if a drow copulated with an horrible-looking spider. That creature, called Thag Nudren, needed to find a soul that would substitute it in the Demogorgon's demon army.

I was told to stay put. As I said, I don't usually take orders well. I went out, filled with ego and over-confidence, only to be thrown away like a twig- but it didn't kill me. No... I have a little sister. Clephesia. She jumped in front of me, and was struck down... The draegloth took her life and her soul and ran away. It didn't take long for me to follow it, against what was ordered. I came upon an attack on a city by an army of shrubs and the druid I met, Vikus, told me he had information on that draegloth. I followed him and he explained how it had gotten to the feywilds- so I naturally followed suit. In hindsight, I should have been more worried about a Vecna-devoted druid but honestly, back then I was fully focused on my prey. Crossing through, I met Neifion, archfey of bats. He told me he was a friend of Vikus, and offered me to work for him, in order to later sponsor me at Mab's court. Well, that didn't end well for him. He took me to his castle, where I met Nona and Malyanna. Keep the second name for later. Nona was Neifion's housekeeper- she showed me around and was in charge of preparing me. Neifion's plan was to have me become the best dance partner and flatter Mab to get him boons- one of the ways was to bring her a gift.
On the day we departed I met Alown Rissen Gauder Sad Rescher. A small bat who wanted a friend. We became so and she stayed behind to keep a ear out for me, which proved vital. We started traveling through the caves where we met Shir, the Darkling Elder. He made short work of me. Homewever I did turn Rudib- a darkling- on him, and thanks to Nona I survived. Getting out, we slept in an abandoned hut using skeletons as alarms. Was that spooky.

We started the third day with a storm, which we followed up to a centaur party. We partook in it and got their help, a centaur named Tyzes let us ride the storms with her until we reached the ruins we were after. There, Hyrsam, archfey of fools, waited for us.
To get the items I needed to face the Three Trials of Foolishness – which I aced. First we loaded ourselves on trebuchets and shoot ourselves against each other until we managed to high-five us, then I did some standing comedy- that was quite awkward, but he had fun. Then we had to eat a goodberry pie searching for the ring that was the supposed item I was going to gift- funny enough, we found it first and I kept on eating. I still feel ill.
Anyway, we made a song together and then I had my ring. We slept the night in the ruins, which I found out later were some kind of sacrificial place for a dead god, Zarus. Now for one of the good moments. We had to get back on foot and I was already dreading it before who else but Mab herself showed up, searching nutriment for her fly steeds, Peach and the Great Nectarine. Nectarine really likes that nickname. Anyway, I provided and much to Nona's dismay -she was pretty scared- I asked Mab for a lift. Good thing I'm pretty. We talked at lenght on the way back, and she decided to spend the night at the castle. You remember Alown? Well, we do this thing were she gets a name for each job she does. Back then, she gained Rissen for listening for me, and turns out Neifion's pretty much an idiot when it comes to security. He completely didn't care about her, so she could show me Neifion's secret in exchange for the Gauder name- an underground prison were poor folk had their eyes and hands removed to create horrid golems in ode to Vecna. I run outside, and found Mab and Neifion, the latter realizing what I discovered. It was then or never. I faced them and told Mab everything- showing her the secret passage, with Neifion scared ****less of little young me.

Well, he died shortly after, chocking to death in a swarm of bats while trying to run away. THAT felt satisfying... A bit less when Alown started crying. I guess it shows how everybody has different truths. I recovered the artifacts he used, while she dealt with the Shard Slayers that were helping Neifion. On my way out I met Malyanna once again- summer eladrin and follower of Ashanelath, or The Eldest. A gigantic aboleth. She offered me a job but I told her I was staying with Mab, sorry. Well, epilogue of the story, we freed everyone and organized a big party where everyone got to enjoy freedom.

The next day, Alown gave herself the name Sad in honor of Neifion and we went with Mab to the city of Mithrendain. We met with Vashti and Nalaris, who beseeched the Winter Court help to fight the Shardies... But since Mab's not an idiot, she told them no. Well, since I apparently am one, the two of them turned into boggles and separated me from everyone else, stunning me and turning me into a snail after a fight. Alown gained the name Rescher for calling Mab, even if it didn't work. After some more fighting, I agreed to help them after talking them into not killing me. The job was simple. Go to Mount Valmai, place immersed in the Spellplague, an area of wild magic, and fetch riches for them. They had no idea what there really was, nor did I.

After almost breaking my neck I met the Voya, the runaway kobolds, and then the Kipraa, dragonborn travellers from Abeir searching the means to defeat Tahtorak, dragon emperor and tyrant. They sought the real treasure- the Divine Spark of Mystryl. Kuritab also sought it, a gold dragon that mauled the other guardian to get us inside the hiding place. The other guardian being Noxan, a silver dragon that I found almost dead which I healed- and I promised her I'd save Mystryl giving it back to Mystra. The day ended with me sleeping at a kobold's place. For future reference, kobold children seem to like songs about riding bats and flies.
The next day, we rode on Kuritab -who told us he'd kill us and take the Divine Spark to become a god, the fool – and entered what looked like a wall of magma. I'm not going to describe everything since it gets repetitive after a good bit- we had to face trials, which included fighting against an army of ghost armors, lightning elementals and our fears. Well, the Kipraa fought their fears. I fought my desires.

I don't want to talk about it. I still feel guilty, and it was just an illusion... Anyway, at a certain point I got separated from the Kipraa and adventured with Malyanna, the eladrin I met back at the castle. Me and her got a good relationship and we decided to adventure together... Until her trigger-happy nature got her stuck into a trial were what we needed to do was be peaceful.
Good thing I found the Kipraa yet again, and we finally found the code we needed to access the Divine Spark. Unfortunately, said Spark was glued to Zenov- the gray dragonborn. So we started fighting him.

Turns out, fighting a god-powered dragonborn isn't a great idea.
I tell you, I totally seduced Mystryl out of her guardian and into my hand. Which sounds weird, I guess. Zenov had Shar's staff which he used to glue Mystryl to my hand after she left him – Zekov then tried to die with Zenov, but I saved them. At that point there was me and the three dragonborns you probably saw around here. Well, we couldn't face Kuritab so we Teleported here at the Fortress. Which... Didn't end the danger. I got Gated out, and stood face to face with Ashanelath. Malyanna's a practical girl, you see. Well, they wanted to cut my arm and take the Spark, but with quick wits and a silver tongue I kept the tentacles out of my head long enough for Mab to get help. So the High Priestess of Mystra saved me, and then I stood face to face with Mystra herself.
Well, I was drunk with excitement at that point, so I interrogated her and made sure she'd reward everyone else before giving her the Spark, which I don't think she liked but who knows. Finally, I enjoyed a royal rest – that's really the one part I like about my new status, the comfy beds.

There was one thing left to do. Gather my former companions, Alown and Rholl, which I guess I haven't mentioned. It had been with me since the start basically, the awakened shrub you see around lately. Stole it from Vikus. Anyway, the important bit, we traveled to Neifion's place again, me and Zenov and Frost and Helryx, meeting Shir midway. You remember him? Welp, he died horribly. Did I already say dragons are cool? Anyway, we got back to the castle where Vashti and Nelaris were stupid enough to tend me a trap. Memo, do not take on Frost or Helryx. We killed the latter while the former is safe in her cell reading about jungle cats, the end.

"I thought so, too! And no, I don't fully understand the magic I need to to figure it out. I'm planning on consulting an expert. But I'll get it." She patted his cheek. "You don't doubt me, do you?"

Valmark
2021-04-23, 04:18 PM
"I'd never doubt your ability" Sirthis reached and took Malyanna's hand, kissing her fingers. He wasn't looking at her though, instead staring intently at the tale, his mind slowly connecting the dots.
"Wait... That's what I did!" he exclaimed eyes wide "There's even my past! Even Shir! I almost even forgot his name!" Sirthis turned to Malyanna "You know me way more then I thought"

Xihirli
2021-04-23, 04:21 PM
"I pay attention," Malyanna said without elaboration. "I sent you this Dream to invite you to my place tomorrow. You know where it is – do you need the circle sequence?"

Valmark
2021-04-23, 04:39 PM
"If you were to be so kind" Sirthis nodded getting comfy in his trone "Although you know how it'll be a pretty roundabout way regardless. Still, it'll help me cut on the travel time"

Xihirli
2021-04-23, 04:52 PM
"How many times can you Plane Shift? Just do it twice." Malyanna leaned over and kissed his forehead. "If you can."

Valmark
2021-04-23, 05:05 PM
"Three" Sirthis smiled smugly "And that's a good point. Anything you need me to bring that can be helpful? I can't Plant Growth your Fruits anymore but maybe there's something else you can use" then he patted his lap.
"Why don't you come sit over here? Not that being queen and king isn't cool"

Xihirli
2021-04-23, 05:09 PM
"I have a garden to grow even if I don't have the Sage Fruit," Malyanna said.
"Can't you grow them?"
The armrests on both chairs went down and suddenly they were on a big couch together, Malyanna leaning on him.
"You have such good ideas."

Valmark
2021-04-23, 05:18 PM
"Oh yeah, totally, I can grow anything" Sirthis moved an arm around Malyanna, hugging her close "As long as it spends most of its life rooted into the ground" he thought about it "I think"

Good question, do fungi count as plants for the purpose of spells? They are a whole different kingdom IRL.

"I'm so glad I teached you how to make the most out of Dream" Sirthis chuckled remembering how oblivious Malyanna had been the first time around, then leaned closer to kiss her.
"Oh, uhm, I should've asked earlier... How's... The red situation going?" Sirthis asked trying to be tactful.

Xihirli
2021-04-23, 05:28 PM
Fungi are not plants. They don't have roots though, so his statement is fine.

"Oh, horribly. Let's not talk or think about it. I can focus on this." Malyanna kissed Sirthis gently.

The next day, Eris and Sirthis both woke up holding their wives. And Eris had a knock at her bedroom door. "You have a visitor," Mávro said. "It is Malyanna."

Valmark
2021-04-23, 05:54 PM
Sirthis stretched his back, gripping Mab tighter for a few seconds, refusing to wake up. Then he surrendered and gave her a kiss.
"Good morning, love" he said before being a jerk and trying to remove himself from Mab to get prepared for the new day. He probably didn't need it but still, he decided to wear his full traveling gear.
Eris groaned painfully.
"I know I said I wanted her to not sneak in, but must she do this so early?" she lamented, sitting up "Tell her I'll be over as soon as possible, please" she started gearing up- Eris had no need for the armor with Malyanna but that didn't mean they weren't going to need it today. Elakian needed intervention as soon as possible.

Xihirli
2021-04-23, 05:58 PM
Mab's arms locked around him. "Good morning, my moon. What's so much more important than holding me?"

Leff got up and, taking her cue from Eris, armored up. "Any idea why she's here?"

Valmark
2021-04-23, 06:06 PM
"Your breakfast" Sirthis kissed Mab "And the Grove. And I should also be confirming the destruction of the Fruits, which is Really Important. But mostly your breakfast" he lifted his finger and booped her nose.
"Nope- but it looks kind of... A weird coincidence" Eris frowned "We learned of a madman who wants to awaken a doomsday weapon and Malyanna shows up? It could be nothing related but it's weird. Although maybe she's here to chastize us for not getting the butterfly thingie to Anaweir. Or a third option" when they were ready Eris led the way to Malyanna.

Xihirli
2021-04-23, 06:10 PM
Mab let him go with a grumble. "Well, while you're up get Clephesia out of her crib and give her to me. I want her to wake up in my arms."

"Butterfly thingie?" Leff asked as she followed Eris into the dining hall. Malyanna was seated there, though not eating.
"Eris! I wanted to talk to your wife."
"Luckily, I'm also here."
"You know that thing you do where you cast spells and people feel better?"
"Healing?"
"I need your thoughts on a spell I'm working on."

Valmark
2021-04-23, 06:17 PM
"Oh good, I was wondering if I should have regretted not prepar- nevermind, it's a surprise for another time" Sirthis smiled slyly, standing up to walk to the crib and pick Cleph up carefully, bringing her to Mab.
"When I finish my Grove I'll wait a bit before starting the other spell, that way we'll be able to enjoy some mornings staying in"
"The butterfly shaped object she gave us to give to Anaweir when we talked about the plan for the Abyss"

When they got there Eris looked surprised "Who got hurt for you to seek how to heal?" she asked looking her up and down "You seem fine. Did something happen to Sirthis?"

Xihirli
2021-04-23, 06:22 PM
Mab pulled Clephesia into her arms and shut her eyes again, intent on holding one member of her nosse.

"Good job naming the two people I care about, Eris. No one is hurt. I need to learn Clone. Many of the intricacies of the spell are best understood through a lens of healing magic."
"I can't cast anything that powerful."
"I don't need you to write it out for me. Just some help with theory."
Leff took Eris off to one side. "Clone isn't... necessarily a dangerous spell. It's an emergency button that gives you a new body if you die, and might unlock immortality. Do you think... Malyanna should know it?"

Valmark
2021-04-23, 06:47 PM
Sirthis gave both of them a kiss (Cleph on the cheek) and got properly geared before heading to make breakfast.
"I'm surprised she's asking us, honestly- regardless, I don't think it'd be a bad thing. Aside from the fact that if we don't agree Malyanna will just find somebody else or figure it out herself, I don't see why we'd want her dead. Or rather I see it, but if I -we- haven't done anything until now I don't believe this is the time to start" Eris looked over to Malyanna "Would you mind undergoing some questions under a Truth spell to make sure you aren't trying to manipulate us -again- into some weird plan that involves your death? It doesn't force you to speak so I can't pull out anything you wouldn't want me to know"

Tecnically Malyanna was indeed planning on dying, but that Eris didn't know.

Xihirli
2021-04-23, 06:50 PM
Sirthis succeeded.

"Fire away," Malyanna said.

Valmark
2021-04-23, 07:14 PM
Ahw, no breakfast preparation. Good because I didn't know what to make.

When it was ready Sirthis thanked the cook for the help with some goodberries, before bringing it back to their room.
"So, who's hungry?" he called to wake Mab up, trying to keep it down to not wake up Cleph.
Eris casted Zone of Truth, including all three of them.
DC 18 Cha save. Can't be failed willingly but Eris will know when it finally sticks

Couple Cha saves for her:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

For the purpose of this spell Malyanna isn't benefitting from Eris' Aura, of course.

Xihirli
2021-04-23, 07:23 PM
"I don’t know. Who is hungry?" Mab asked, not able to keep herself from kissing Cleph’s cheek.

"So we’re just going to hop in and out until I can’t lie? Let me try this. Your magic is impressive. I find you intelligent. Your wife is cheating on you with me. I have never once killed a person. Four plus two is eiiiiiiii..." Malyanna smiled.
"Hey, we got there. Ask your questions."

Valmark
2021-04-23, 07:34 PM
"I was hoping it'd be you" Sirthis said, sitting down besides Mab and Cleph and cutting her food "Have I already told you how cute you look when you're with... Literally any kid. But especially Cleph" both, in fact. When the food was ready he started feeding the Queen with his fingers.
Eris' umor looked darkened.
"I'd have known without you spewing bull****. And you don't need to walk in and out" Eris sighed "Alright, serious Malyanna please. Is there any pressing reason to want -or need- Clone? If yes, what is it? You don't need to get into details if you can just make us understand wether we'll worry about it or not" she asked.

Xihirli
2021-04-23, 07:52 PM
"You try looking at her without giving her all the love she deserves." Malyanna followed up her statement with another kiss on her daughter's cheek. Then she accepted the bites.

Malyanna looked somber as well. "There is need of it. The connection between the Spellscar," she tapped the glowing fire on her forehead, "and the Far Realm was put into place during... Tren Krom's surgeries." She did not go into detail. "And Piscaethces' approach I expect will cause the spellscar to... well, to oversimplify it let's just say 'explode.'"

Valmark
2021-04-24, 03:46 AM
"It's already hard when I look at you" Sirthis mentioned, feeding Mab with a loving look. He even put a piece in his mouth to feed her that way, but only did that a couple times- Sirthis didn't want to get distracted and forget about the Grove.
"Oh" Eris sat down next to Malyanna "Of course we'll help you, Malyanna. We won't leave you to die like that- but I have to ask if there's another reason -or reasons- too. Although it likely won't change my answer. If yes please, explain those too"