PDA

View Full Version : Worst Part Of A Great Campaign

Pex
2021-04-16, 01:01 AM
My barbarian campaign, which I've written about from time to time, has ended. Started at level 3. Reached level 20 but at a Campaign Plot relevant milestone rush at the end. It played for 3 and half real world years. Sadly there's no sequel. DM wants to take a break. Maybe he'll start again when the Virus Apocalypse is over. I will be missing the gaming group and playing this character terribly. It's not officially over yet. Next week is a one-shot playing NPCs we know in another part of the final battle. The following game is an Epilogue to roleplay our retirement. Then it's over. Fortunately I have another active campaign going, I DM another, and hopefully an old one is coming back to life. Another is on Apocalypse hiatus.

But I really, really hate this part of the game.

Wizard_Lizard
2021-04-16, 05:37 AM
Hey I mean.. dang that sounds like a legendary campaign!! Best of luck in wrapping everything up!!

Christopher K.
2021-04-17, 12:39 PM
Sounds like a lot of fun for a wrap-up! As a DM I always feel like my campaign endings fall a little flat, and a part of that comes from that most of the endings seem to coincide with major life changes among my players (a player moving, sudden schedule changes, etc.), so I have to wrap things up quickly. Wrap-up is an art, and definitely one I have yet to master.