PDA

View Full Version : Magic item help!

coleslaw244
2021-04-19, 03:47 PM
So I wanna play 2 halfling twins (one wizard and one rogue). I want to stack them on top of each other and convince everyone I’m just one guy. I would like to be able to turn my trench coat into an extra dimensional space so I can hang myself on a coat hanger and disappear inside. Think newt scammanders case. I have no idea how I could make this trench coat in 3.5..LOL help!!

Xeni
2021-04-19, 04:45 PM
could price it as a bag of holding of the appropriate size? alternatively an item of continuous Mordenkainen's magnificent mansion is 182k, round up for some extras you might want and call it 200k (200,000) gp cost? then you have a portable base like newt.

Thurbane
2021-04-19, 05:21 PM
Yeah, re-fluffing an existing item like bag of Holding or Portable Hole will be probably be easiest.

Just make sure whatever item you pick has breathable air inside, as many only contain a limited amount.

Jay R
2021-04-20, 06:54 PM
Ask your DM for help. An idea that the DM believes in will work. An idea that the DM doesn't believe in will not work.

RNightstalker
2021-04-20, 10:15 PM
An idea that the DM believes in will work. An idea that the DM doesn't believe in will not work.

This is definitely quote of the day.

I also agree, a DM worth his/her salt will make it easy for that idea to come to fruition.

Telonius
2021-04-21, 09:32 AM
So, is "Trenchcoat Guy" going to call himself Ling?

ShurikVch
2021-04-21, 01:46 PM
I have no idea how I could make this trench coat in 3.5..LOL help!!
Dragon #339 has article about Planescape; one of factions - the Expansionists - have, among its "signature" magic items, Shivving Dusters:

Most Bullies wore elaborate insignias and patches to indicate allegiance to various subgroups within the faction, usually stitched on to long leather coats. Such heavy garments provided not only protection and instant recognition within the group, but allowed martially or criminally minded Expansionists to hide weapons and pilfered items.
Shivving Duster count as +1 leather armor, and gives +5 bonuses to Bluff (for feinting in combat) and Sleight of Hand