PDA

View Full Version : Spells to Obscure Vision Underwater?

Zombulian
2021-04-20, 05:12 PM
I'm running an underwater dungeon for my players soon (as I've mentioned in a previous thread I think), and there's an encounter where they will come across an enemy Druid. I want there to be a possibility for this enemy to make an escape via obscured vision and a Stone Shape or something, but the Druid spells I know of that actually obscure vision explicitly do not work underwater.

Do ya'll know of any niche spells that fit this? I was considering the spell Turbidity because it seems thematic enough, but it's a Sorc/Wiz spell.

Calthropstu
2021-04-20, 06:26 PM
There's a couple options. Summon natures ally to bring in a squid or octopus to ink the area would do it.

Plant growth to make a wall of seaweed would also do the trick.

Zombulian
2021-04-20, 06:46 PM
There's a couple options. Summon natures ally to bring in a squid or octopus to ink the area would do it.

Plant growth to make a wall of seaweed would also do the trick.

Ah of course! How could I forget ink?

Calthropstu
2021-04-20, 07:18 PM
Ah of course! How could I forget ink?

So you don't forget again, you could write it down in ink.

Palanan
2021-04-20, 07:39 PM
Vampire squid have clear ink with bioluminescent particles, so summoning one of those could provide something akin to a glitterdust effect.

PoeticallyPsyco
2021-04-20, 08:54 PM
There's also always (deeper) darkness, though that's only 20% concealment rather than fully blocking LoS.

Zombulian
2021-04-20, 09:03 PM
There's also always (deeper) darkness, though that's only 20% concealment rather than fully blocking LoS.

Not native to Druid list unfortunately.