PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Zootopia setting - Asylum Waterfall

Emmerlaus
2021-04-23, 09:38 AM
If we were to translate the Asylum waterfall Judie and Nick fallen off in the movie, how much falling damage would they have to you think? The maximum 20d6 damage?

At what level a character can receive that much damage (I think the avarage for 20d6 is 70-90 damage) without dying?

Jon talks a lot
2021-04-23, 11:49 AM
If we were to translate the Asylum waterfall Judie and Nick fallen off in the movie, how much falling damage would they have to you think? The maximum 20d6 damage?

At what level a character can receive that much damage (I think the avarage for 20d6 is 70-90 damage) without dying?

It's probably 20d6.

The level you can survive that fall is very different for a raging barbarian and a wizard.

Dork_Forge
2021-04-23, 12:28 PM
Little offtopic, but my girlfriend and I love Zootopia, do you have any details of how your converted it?

Emmerlaus
2021-04-23, 12:30 PM
It's probably 20d6.

The level you can survive that fall is very different for a raging barbarian and a wizard.

Here's an exemple of Judie Hops character sheet progression if it helps? :

Stats:

Str: 15 (There is no guns in Zootopia but still have “guns” if you catch my drift)
Dex: 12 (You are agile and quick on your feet)
Con: 14 (You can tank a few hits and you are as healthy as you can be)
Int: 8 (Simply because you don’t really need it and you are a cop, not a scholar)
Wis: 13 (You are quite determined and perceptive)
Cha: 10 (A bit low, you are charming but you can’t convince other animals with your words that you are a worthy cop)

Race: After much consideration, I decided to go with custom race once again. Mostly because of what it could give to rabbits people:
Stats : +2 Dex
Feat : Alert
Skill trained : Perception (Wish it could be History but I doubt all rabit

Background : City Watch (Investigator) (Investigation, Insight)

Class Progression:

Level 1: Rogue
Skill trained : Acrobatics, Athletics, Sleight of Hand, Deception
(Sleight of hands because how smoothly she took back those fair tickets. Dont forget however you might use it mostly to hide something on yourself, like a carrot pencil or your phone. Deception is because she just cant seem to convince anyone she’s a real policewoman but she can trick a fox in revealing his tax evasion and make a very good howling wolf impression)
Expertise (Athletic, Investigation)
Thieves Cant and Sneak Attack (1d6)

Level 2 : Rogue
Cunning Action

Level 3 : Roguish Archetype (Scout)
Skirmisher
Survivalist (+Nature and Survival Skill)

Level 4 : Rogue
Ability Improuvement (+1 Str, +1 Wis)

Level 5 : Fighter
Fighting Style (Mariner) // Now you can really explore every parts of Zootopia!

Second Wind

Level 6 : Fighter
Action Surge

Level 7 : Fighter
Fighter Archetype (Samurai) // Yeah yeah but it was the easiest way to get the History skill while also smashing well with your sneak attack bonus. History proves you were fascinated with Zootopia from the start and being able to automatically deal sneak attack no matter the circonstances is very cool)

Level 8 : Fighter
New feat: Magic Initiate
(Please hear me out: I believe Judy Hop finished policeman school at level 8. But with the Tough feet, there is little chance for you to survive a drop from that huge waterfall at the asylum. So I wanna fix that! Get Light to represent your cellphone light (You dont have darkvision), Friends to represent how people have prejudice against you because you are using legality pressure instead of trying to be charming and Feather Fall to help you survive in Zootopia)

Level 9 : Fighter
Extra Attack

Level 10 : Fighter
New feat : Mobile

Level 11 : Rogue
Uncanny Dodge

Level 12 : Rogue
Evasion

Level 13 : Rogue
Ability Score Improuvement (+2 Str)

Level 14 : Rogue
Roguish Archetype (Superior Mobility)

Level 15 : Rogue
Ability Improvement (+2 Str)

Level 16 : Rogue
Reliable Talent

Level 17 : Rogue
New Feat: Tough

Level 18 : Rogue
Roguish Archetype (Ambush Master)

Level 19 : Rogue
Blindsense

Level 20 : Fighter
Martial Archetype (Elegant Courtier)

Nidgit
2021-04-23, 06:29 PM
A Con 14 Rogue would need to be about Level 10 to survive a 20d6 fall, on average. That's rather chancy though, since they'd have about 3 hp to spare. I wouldn't feel safe jumping off until about Level 13.

If you're not concerned about them staying conscious, they could potentially land without instantly dying at Level 5 and reliably survive at Level 7.

Emmerlaus
2021-04-23, 08:12 PM
A Con 14 Rogue would need to be about Level 10 to survive a 20d6 fall, on average. That's rather chancy though, since they'd have about 3 hp to spare. I wouldn't feel safe jumping off until about Level 13.

If you're not concerned about them staying conscious, they could potentially land without instantly dying at Level 5 and reliably survive at Level 7.

THANK YOU! That is very helpful! :smallsmile:

I was having a hard time figuring out the mathematics of it and I realize now, with your help, that it will fit Nick Wild to have at least one rank in Bard for Vicious Mockery and Feather Fall. He climbs on roof to make giant pops melt, I figure he need one rank of it.

That or I give Judie Hop the Magic Initiate for Light (her cellphone light), Friends (she keep facing prejudice) and Feather Fall.

At least now Im covered! Thank you very much! Nidgit :smallbiggrin: