View Full Version : Wild magic Bloodrager

Amdy_vill
2021-04-23, 08:08 PM
I have been thinking over how wild magic sorcerer and Barbarin feel like they want to combo but have been struggling to find a way. currently, my idea is this. you talk 6 lv Barbarin and 14 levels, wild magic sorcerer. you pick off a fay wild shard. your feats are invested into eldritch adept and magic Initiate, you quicked something like firebolt ever turn and then cast eldritch blast with your action. doing this you fish for a roll of 01-02 on the sorcerer's wild magic table. the turn after you get it you use your to action to cast a use damage spell or non-concentration buff spell the use you bonus action to rage. this gives you one turn where you can cast one of the few wild magic surge spells. then you punch stuff getting a wild magic surge of the sorcerer's table till you end combat.

are there any better ideas than this out there.
having spent some more time working on this idea I have come up with this
Barbarin 4 Sorcerer 4 Warlock 4 fighter 8

you only need the level 3 abilities from sorcerer and barbarian to play with the wild magic surge's

warlock is there to increase the power of using quicken spell on eldritch blast.

Fighter is their to take battle master so when you rage you have some great bonus action abilities

Catullus64
2021-04-24, 08:34 AM
The main problem with this concept as you describe it is that Wild Magic Surge is triggered only by casting leveled spells. Firebolt and Eldritch Blast won't do it. There's also the extremely small probability isssue; with only a 5% chance of triggering a surge, and a 2% chance of getting a specific result, you're looking at a .1% chance of getting the result around which you base this concept.

A somewhat surer way to fish for Wild Magic results is to Quicken an attack cantrip, using Tides of Chaos for advantage, and then casting a leveled spell for a guaranteed surge (provided your DM isn't a square, who chooses to not always have you roll surge whenever possible). Strictly speaking, you can attempt all of this from level 4, since all it strictly requires is Wild Magic Surge, Tides of Chaos, Quicken Spell, and Rage.

Are you sure it's not just easier to play a Wild Magic Barbarian? They have those now.

EDIT: I missed the reference to the Feywild shard, which does solve some of your problem. That said, I'm always going to be critical of a build that relies upon a specific magic item in order to do the thing you want it to do.

Amdy_vill
2021-04-24, 10:43 AM
The main problem with this concept as you describe it is that Wild Magic Surge is triggered only by casting leveled spells. Firebolt and Eldritch Blast won't do it. There's also the extremely small probability isssue; with only a 5% chance of triggering a surge, and a 2% chance of getting a specific result, you're looking at a .1% chance of getting the result around which you base this concept.

A somewhat surer way to fish for Wild Magic results is to Quicken an attack cantrip, using Tides of Chaos for advantage, and then casting a leveled spell for a guaranteed surge (provided your DM isn't a square, who chooses to not always have you roll surge whenever possible). Strictly speaking, you can attempt all of this from level 4, since all it strictly requires is Wild Magic Surge, Tides of Chaos, Quicken Spell, and Rage.

Are you sure it's not just easier to play a Wild Magic Barbarian? They have those now.

EDIT: I missed the reference to the Feywild shard, which does solve some of your problem. That said, I'm always going to be critical of a build that relies upon a specific magic item in order to do the thing you want it to do.

the point is comboing wild magic barbarian with wild magic sorcerer.