PDA

View Full Version : help with backstory

ChaosStar
2021-04-25, 12:35 PM
So I'm making a backstory for my Yuan-ti Pureblood Sorcerer. At less than a year old his clan was wiped out by adventurers who took him to an orphanage and he was adopted by a Noble family, becoming their Heir. Would Baldur's Gate or Arabel, in Cormyr, be the better spot for him to have been taken to?

Pandamonium
2021-04-29, 12:53 AM
Unsure if there is a right or wrong answer. I always prefer to use the alternative that might come up during play, so Baldurs Gate if you are on the coast och Arabel if you might wind up in cormyr :)
Speak with your DM on where you can get the most tie ins, heck, if you are in Baldurs Gate you might become a shadow lord ;)

ChaosStar
2021-04-29, 01:08 AM
Unsure if there is a right or wrong answer. I always prefer to use the alternative that might come up during play, so Baldurs Gate if you are on the coast och Arabel if you might wind up in cormyr :)
Speak with your DM on where you can get the most tie ins, heck, if you are in Baldurs Gate you might become a shadow lord ;)

I don't have a game yet, I'm just making characters. I did decide on Baldur's Gate due to it being more of a cosmopolitan than Arabel.