PDA

View Full Version : Icewind dale spoilers (End Game) for Dm only

Will4Bees
2021-04-25, 04:29 PM
I have a very intelligent party of veteran players.

They assisted and feel they held up their bargain with Vellynne Harpell. So they assisted her to get to Ythrin. They got there and said ok now we gotta go handle Aurils Rok. So they left ythrin after an hour. They attempted to persuade Vellynne to leave with them but were unsuccessful. They said they would return to ythrin at a latter time.

They came up with the plan to go back to the Island and kill her Rok so she will be stuck on her island.
Since they have unlocked ythrin, upon their exit I had a magical blizzard active. The party blade singer dispelled magic succefully moments latter a new magical blizzard started. The part exited into the blizzard and set up leomunds tinny hut. The wizard rolled a 27 for stealth with assistance of pass without a trace. I then had Auril show up she parked her Rok close by and walked to the entrance of the cave re sealing the exit. Using some of her power usually reserved for the everlasting night.
She looked around for anyone who had exited but rolled lower than the 27. I also took some of her everlasting night power and had Auril petrified the elk trines members that had stood guard over the cave entrance.
(Due to a drow in the party I had avarice go into the caves of hunger via the underarm with drow that are hunting the parties drow bladesings)
The party waited out the blizzard and continued through a natural blizzard attacked by coldlight walkers in the blizzard. Before coming to a long rest at night. A clear night that for the first time in 2 years does not have the aurora in the sky.

Main reason. Party can go to island if they wish but the Abominable yeti will now be awake on the island with the other yeti....
AURIL I plan to activate her contingency. She is going to Crack the glacer from above and using her goddes abilities the book says she has that are suppressed by use of everlasting night spell.
She's going to atune to the mythilar and fly it up activating the control weather spell within 50 miles. The 3rd day thinking Auril will continue her everlasting night flying ythrin over the Dale.... I feel like I'm not taking too many liberties as she is doing what she needs to to preserve the world in ice.