PDA

View Full Version : Best Star Druid Feats?

ChaseC311
2021-04-27, 03:36 PM
I'm currently playing a Star Druid in a level 5 campaign, and I decided to switch out my Alert feat for something else as Passive Perception isn't as important in this DMs campaigns (Plus my druid already had a 20 Wis. So the +1 to said stat wasn't really needed).

The build I'm going for is a sort of support summoner. With the character offering support with area control and healing (which is buffed by the chalice constellation) while also dealing good damage with summoning spells like conjure animals or summon beast (plus guiding bolt, and the archery starry form). The question is what feats would best compliment that sort of playstyle?

Rukelnikov
2021-04-27, 03:45 PM
Well, I'd go for Resilient (Con). The bonus to concentration saves is always useful for a caster, and I don't think the feature that grants a minimum on 10 on those saves diminishes the utility of the feat, if anything it will make it so you don't need to roll on damage below late 30s.

RogueJK
2021-04-27, 04:53 PM
Yep. Resilient CON if you have an odd CON score, or an even CON and there's another +1 CON feat you would want to take as your Level 8 ASI.

Otherwise Warcaster, if you have an even CON and plan on taking something else at Level 8.

Losing Concentration causes your Control and Summon spells to go *poof*. Either of these feats will help greatly to prevent that.

x3n0n
2021-04-27, 05:06 PM
The abovementioned feats are great help in maintaining concentration. I will just mention that the Dragon Starry Form is also great for maintaining concentration, if you're willing to trade off the archer and unicorn at those times when your concentration is most vital.

If you decide you want another concentration booster now anyway, Dragon combines much better with Res: Con than it does with War Caster. (Res: Con also buys you better Con saves for things other than concentration as well, which War Caster does not.)

Bobthewizard
2021-04-27, 06:02 PM
I think druids should go Res. CON and Warcaster even before bumping WIS. If you do any summoning, making that concentration save is so much more important than any direct save spells you have.

Both of these have been said above, so I'm just adding my vote.

Man_Over_Game
2021-04-27, 06:08 PM
Anyone can find something worthwhile from spending their feat on a Warlock Invocation. Have you ever wanted to permanently Speak with Animals?