PDA

View Full Version : to those that watched Burn Notice

hoborobot
2021-04-27, 08:47 PM
how would you make the char named Sugar?
I'm used to playing pathfinder where there is a web site explaing everthing. there also used to be one for 3.5 but it was taken dow. is there one for D 5 ?

Stattick
2021-04-28, 01:00 AM
Personally, I'd make Sugar a 1st level rogue.

Batcathat
2021-04-28, 02:06 AM

That sounds about right. It's been a while since I watched the show but I don't remember him being very competent.

Pex
2021-04-28, 05:32 AM
https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/burn-notice-game-show/n12712

Democratus
2021-04-28, 05:01 PM
The show was a lot of fun. And all the supporting actors were fantastic.

I just wish the main actor had more than one facial expression. :smallcool:

thorr-kan
2021-04-29, 03:16 PM
First or second level expert, with an emphasis on social skills and local knowledge.

The Later Sugar, who becomes a sometime-ally, I'd add a level of rogue to the above. He shows some skill and the ability to NOT repeat his prior mistakes of tangling with Team Westen.

hoborobot
2021-04-29, 04:11 PM
well given that Sugar would be so kind of rouge our group allready has a rouge. i dont know if this means anything he half-elf cha based chaotic good high dex, cha wis.
i geuss Sugar would not be a good fit, what about Anson? i hear ieflings and warlocks are in 5d.
well acually i dont know whats in 5d as i stated before as i have no reference

KillianHawkeye
2021-04-30, 04:02 PM
I don't know what "5d" is, but if you're looking for D&D 5e advice, you might get better results in the proper subforum.

LibraryOgre
2021-04-30, 04:31 PM

I would stick him at 2nd or 3rd, but that's just because of my rule of thumb that human NPCs are about the same level as their age in decades... so a 20-29 year old is probably 2nd level, a 30-39 year old is 3rd, unless I need them to be another level, or their backstory says they are.

Grod_The_Giant
2021-05-15, 08:41 AM
i geuss Sugar would not be a good fit, what about Anson? i hear ieflings and warlocks are in 5d.
well acually i dont know whats in 5d as i stated before as i have no reference
I'm guessing that you're joining a 5e d&d game for the first time, then?

D&D Beyond has a good amount of material available. There are a couple SRD (http://5e.d20srd.org/) sites, but unfortunately they're legally limited to only a portion of the material from the Player's Handbook.

I've never watched Burn Notice, but some quick googling tells me that Anson's is a manipulation-type villain, which to be says one thing: Bard. Ignore the music part and you've got a Charisma-based caster (and bards are full casters in 5e) with plenty of social skills and a spell list rich with enchantments and debuffs. An enchantme-focused Wizard with a decent Charisma is a solid alternative.