PDA

View Full Version : Can a Glove of Storing go into a Bag of Holding or similar items or spell?

eyebreaker7
2021-04-27, 09:44 PM
Glove of Storing
This device is a simple leather glove. On command, one item held in the hand wearing the glove disappears. The item can weigh no more than 20 pounds and must be able to be held in one hand. While stored, the item has negligible weight. With a snap of the fingers wearing the glove, the item reappears. A glove can only store one item at a time. Storing or retrieving the item is a free action. The item is held in stasis and shrunk down so small within the palm of the glove that it cannot be seen. Spell durations are not suppressed, but continue to expire. If an effect is suppressed or dispelled, the stored item appears instantly.

Faint transmutation; CL 6th; Craft Wondrous Item, shrink item; Price 10,000 gp (one glove).

I know you don't want to put a bag of holding in a portable hole or vis/versa as well as not taking them into a rope trick spell. What about the storing properties of the glove? Is it safe to take it into a rope trick spell or reach into a bag, hole, haversack or other items similar?
If it IS safe, can you put a bag or hole IN the storage of the glove?

InvisibleBison
2021-04-27, 09:51 PM
As far as I know, there's no general rule about putting one extradimensional space into another being dangerous. But even if there were, it wouldn't apply here, because the glove of storing isn't an extradimensional storage thing; it works by shrinking the object and attaching it to the palm of the glove. And I see no reason why you couldn't use the glove of storing to store a bag of holding or portable hole, provided it meets the glove's requirements.

eyebreaker7
2021-04-27, 10:13 PM
If a bag of holding is placed within a portable hole, a rift to the Astral Plane is torn in that place. Both the bag and the cloth are sucked into the void and forever lost. If a portable hole is placed within a bag of holding, it opens a gate to the Astral Plane. The hole, the bag, and any creatures within a 10-foot radius are drawn there, the portable hole and bag of holding being destroyed in the process.

Rope Trick spell
Note: It is hazardous to create an extradimensional space within an existing extradimensional space or to take an extradimensional space into an existing one.

sreservoir
2021-04-27, 10:42 PM
The glove of storing is not extradimensional storage anyway:

The item is held in stasis and shrunk down so small within the palm of the glove that it cannot be seen.

eyebreaker7
2021-04-27, 11:16 PM
But does that mean it's actually still in your hand? Or is it stored INSIDE the glove which would make it an extradimensional space. If it's just sitting in your hand what's to keep you from dropping it?

Kol Korran
2021-04-28, 02:41 AM
But does that mean it's actually still in your hand? Or is it stored INSIDE the glove which would make it an extradimensional space. If it's just sitting in your hand what's to keep you from dropping it?

The magic.
It gets shrunk,and held in stasis in the glove (it's stitching or fabric or whatever). It is not an extradeimensional storing space. I wouldn't read too much into it.

When I ran games (the item only came up... twice I think?) the item shrunk would make a tiny picture on the glove.