PDA

View Full Version : Peace Cleric / Glamour Bard?

Nefariis
2021-04-28, 11:16 AM
It seems like there is some synergy with Peace Cleric 6 / Glamour Bard 3

Glamour -

Mantle of Inspiration
As a bonus action, you can expend one use of your Bardic Inspiration to grant yourself a wondrous appearance. When you do so, choose a number of creatures you can see and who can see you within 60 feet of you, up to a number equal to your Charisma modifier (minimum of one). Each of them gains 5 temporary hit points. When a creature gains these temporary hit points, it can immediately use its reaction to move up to its speed, without provoking opportunity attacks.

Peace -

Protective Bond
Beginning at 6th level, the bond you forge between people helps them protect each other. When a creature affected by your Emboldening Bond feature is about to take damage, a second bonded creature within 30 feet of the first can use its reaction to teleport to an unoccupied space within 5 feet of the first creature. The second creature then takes all the damage instead.

This seems like it would be the definition of the 4e "battlefield controller", using people's reactions for free movement out of turn.

Maybe a level of fighter for heavy armor if you wanted to be front line or just continue with Peace Cleric levels to 17

Expansive Bond
At 17th level, the benefits of your Emboldening Bond and Protective Bond features now work when the creatures are within 60 feet of each other. Moreover, when a creature uses Protective Bond to take someone else's damage, the creature has resistance to that damage.

I saw a pretty sweet guide for a peace shepherd (https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=24896365&postcount=880) but I hadn't seen one for someone so beautiful he emanates peace ("peace" "glamour" multiclass 5e turns up nothing on google).

Has anyone seen this played?

Man_Over_Game
2021-04-28, 11:25 AM
The issue I'm seeing is that Glamour Bard really wants a maxed out Charisma score, as the value of its Bardic Inspiration increases the more you have into it (as it can go from 3 uses for 3 allies each [9 instances] to 5 uses for 5 allies each [25 instances]), not to mention that Bards really accelerate in power once they hit level 5 and get their Bardic Inspiration back on a Short Rest.

So the likely strategy then is Bard 5, Cleric 6, for a level 11 build that is maxing the stat for their secondary class.

You could ignore all that, too, but it'd be a tough sell, I think.

Jakinbandw
2021-04-28, 11:31 AM
I haven't seen this yet, but I would love to play a peace cleric 1, eloquence bard to be able to give partymembers 2d4+1d12 to skill checks and attack checks. It would be an average of +10 to any roll it affects.

Nefariis
2021-04-28, 11:48 AM
The issue I'm seeing is that Glamour Bard really wants a maxed out Charisma score, as the value of its Bardic Inspiration increases the more you have into it (as it can go from 3 uses for 3 allies each [9 instances] to 5 uses for 5 allies each [25 instances]), not to mention that Bards really accelerate in power once they hit level 5 and get their Bardic Inspiration back on a Short Rest.

So the likely strategy then is Bard 5, Cleric 6, for a level 11 build that is maxing the stat for their secondary class.

You could ignore all that, too, but it'd be a tough sell, I think.

Three times a day is still not too shabby for a complete battlefield reshuffle - I imagine that you are only using it when things are getting really fubared and the Peace cleric's ability cant keep up. (Also could be handy for a full party retreat)

but if you are going to be bard 5 then you might as well go bard 6 and really have complete battle field control

Mantle of Majesty
At 6th level, you gain the ability to cloak yourself in a fey magic that makes others want to serve you. As a bonus action, you cast Command, without expending a spell slot, and you take on an appearance of unearthly beauty for 1 minute or until your concentration ends (as if you were concentrating on a spell). During this time, you can cast Command as a bonus action on each of your turns, without expending a spell slot.

Any creature charmed by you automatically fails its saving throw against the Command you cast with this feature.

And Bard 6-X / Cleric 6-X / something 0-X? - wouldn't necessary be that bad as long as you have another full caster in your party - you would still know 7th level spells and have 9th slots.

progression would be cleric 2, bard 3, cleric 4, bard 3 - essentially this is a support charcter but you would have enough abilities to be useful to level 9 when it came online.

RogueJK
2021-04-28, 12:05 PM
I haven't seen this yet, but I would love to play a peace cleric 1, eloquence bard to be able to give partymembers 2d4+1d12 to skill checks and attack checks. It would be an average of +10 to any roll it affects.

Yep. Cleric 1/Bard X was already a solid combo on certain builds, with some great synergies between certain classes. You get a few handy additional 1st level spells known, plus some useful 1st level abilities, and Medium/Heavy Armor proficiency.

Like Life Cleric 1 on a Bard who does a lot of healing. Or Order Cleric 1 on a Bard who casts a lot of buffs (especially if you have a Rogue in the party).

Now Peace Cleric 1 and Twilight Cleric 1 are also solid options for a Bard to dip into.

ATHATH
2021-04-29, 03:57 AM
It seems like there is some synergy with Peace Cleric 6 / Glamour Bard 3

Glamour -

Peace -

This seems like it would be the definition of the 4e "battlefield controller", using people's reactions for free movement out of turn.

Maybe a level of fighter for heavy armor if you wanted to be front line or just continue with Peace Cleric levels to 17

I saw a pretty sweet guide for a peace shepherd (https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=24896365&postcount=880) but I hadn't seen one for someone so beautiful he emanates peace ("peace" "glamour" multiclass 5e turns up nothing on google).

Has anyone seen this played?
Wouldn't those two features have (mild) anti-synergy with each other, since they'd both eat up the reactions of your allies?