PDA

View Full Version : Ways to improve ranged (spell) attacks?

Unoriginal
2021-04-29, 05:07 AM
Hi folks!

I'm working on a character build, and due to the restrictions I've decided it looks like the best attack they'll be able to do regularly is a ranged spell attack that deals fire damage.

My question is: what are the ways you know to improve ranged spell attacks?

Anything work, from improvements for all ranged attacks to improvements to spells only, from class features to feat to magic items.

Thanks in advance.

Kane0
2021-04-29, 05:14 AM
Spell sniper is probably going to be high up on your list, as well as a wand of the war mage or rod of the pact keeper

Eldariel
2021-04-29, 05:39 AM
Depends on the class. Obviously items that improve spell attacks in general work here (Tasha's features a lot of class-specific ones and then there are various Staves and Rods and other items that work in general). Metamagic seems obvious too. "Metaspells" like Spirit Shroud come to mind too, though that obviously has the range limitation making it less of a ranged and more of a melee option. Then there's, hmm, anything that helps you gain advantage, of course. Since all attack rolls are modified by advantage. And of course by Elven Accuracy too, as a consequence, and any crit modifiers (Half-Orc & al.).

stoutstien
2021-04-29, 06:45 AM
Off the cuff
Feats:
Elemental adept
Metamagic adept
Flames of phlegethos- tiefling
Spell sniper
Crossbow expert
Gunner

Class feat
Artificer
Lv 5 Alchemist- Alchemical savant
Lv artillerist- arcane firearm

Cleric
Lv 8 Arcana- potent cantrip

Druid
Lv 6 wildfire- enhanced bond

Sorcerer
Metamagic-

Lv 6 Draconic bloodline- elemental affinity

Warlock
Lv 6 celestial patron- radiant soul
Lv 1 genie patron - genie's wrath (efreeti)

Wizard
Lv 2,6,10, and 14 evocation- sculpt spell, potent cantrip, empowered, and over channel.

Kane0
2021-04-29, 06:53 AM
Theres also Celestial and Genie Warlock.

stoutstien
2021-04-29, 06:54 AM
Theres also Celestial and Genie Warlock.

Oye. I skipped an entire class lol.

Unoriginal
2021-04-29, 08:23 AM
Thanks everyone!

I think the Genie Warlock fits what I wanted both mechanically and thematically.