PDA

View Full Version : Shadowrun Happy Goblinization Day

comicshorse
2021-04-30, 06:39 AM
According to the Shadowrun book April 30, 2021 was (is ?) Goblinization Day - the day 10% of the world undergo Goblinization and became new species whether orcs, dwarves, trolls or (for the lucky few) elves
I'm deeply disappointed to discover no changes as I fail to become the Elf I was sure I was meant to be. Even more to discover I haven't become a Wyrm Shaman :smallfrown:
Hopefully other Playgrounders will have had better luck

Lacco
2021-04-30, 06:50 AM
That's today? WOOOO! Sixth world, magic, elf chicks... can't wait!

...silently waiting to become an orc or dorf...

Lord Torath
2021-04-30, 07:05 AM
I've got a big red welt on my arm from an allergy shot. Does that count?

I miss my old Shadowrun game. We were so bad at it. We tried to play it like D&D in 2053, instead of playing it smart. Now I could play so much smarter.

LibraryOgre
2021-04-30, 11:53 AM
I am considering calling in tomorrow "Ork". I think it would be very hard to argue with me, as I'm already close to 2m and 160kg.

Willie the Duck
2021-04-30, 12:26 PM
I, for one, welcome our new goblin overlords. :smallbiggrin:

According to the Shadowrun book April 30, 2021 was (is ?) Goblinization Day - the day 10% of the world undergo Goblinization and became new species whether orcs, dwarves, trolls or (for the lucky few) elves
I'm deeply disappointed to discover no changes as I fail to become the Elf I was sure I was meant to be.

There's the rub with the thing. Even if such a thing were to come to pass, chances are all the people that thought being an elf would be the upgrade would end up as orcs or dwarves. :smalltongue:

LibraryOgre
2021-04-30, 01:46 PM
No one became an elf on Goblinization Day. Elves and dwarves were simply born so.

Lacco
2021-05-01, 01:42 PM
No one became an elf on Goblinization Day. Elves and dwarves were simply born so.

If I remember correctly (which may not be the case), Goblinization meant orcs and trolls. Elves and dwarves came later.

Or was it different? Maybe edition-dependant?

LibraryOgre
2021-05-01, 01:58 PM
If I remember correctly (which may not be the case), Goblinization meant orcs and trolls. Elves and dwarves came later.

Or was it different? Maybe edition-dependant?

Starting in 2011, human mothers began giving birth to Elves and Dwarves. 2021 saw the emergence of orcs and trolls.

comicshorse
2021-05-01, 06:00 PM
But I can still be a Shaman, right ?

Lord Torath
2021-05-03, 07:35 AM
But I can still be a Shaman, right ?Yes. But only if you pick Manatee as your totem.

CapnWildefyr
2021-05-04, 12:07 PM
But I can still be a Shaman, right ?

Decker is becoming reality kinds quickly.

Sadly, I am also probably too old to try to get into MIT&M, you know, for a PhD in the second M.

thorr-kan
2021-05-04, 12:52 PM
I'm deeply disappointed to discover no changes as I fail to become the Elf I was sure I was meant to be. Even more to discover I haven't become a Wyrm Shaman :smallfrown:
Hopefully other Playgrounders will have had better luck

I think you've got the wrong Apocalypse, chummer.

Lacco
2021-05-05, 12:50 AM
Yes. But only if you pick Manatee as your totem.

I prefer Sloth.

The animal, not the sin.

Decker is becoming reality kinds quickly.

Sadly, I am also probably too old to try to get into MIT&M, you know, for a PhD in the second M.

Also cybereyes should be right behind next corner. And first cyberarms/legs are already here, it's just a matter of weaponizing the stuff.

comicshorse
2021-05-05, 12:06 PM
Also cybereyes should be right behind next corner. And first cyberarms/legs are already here, it's just a matter of weaponizing the stuff.

Considering Glaucoma runs in my family I'm very happy to hear that

zlefin
2021-05-06, 10:52 AM
I prefer Sloth.

The animal, not the sin.

We already have cybereyes (or at least cyber vision systems), but they're far far worse than regular eyes and very very basic in terms of the vision they provide. It's only an upgrade for people who are completely blind without them.

Misereor
2021-05-27, 07:46 AM
We already have cybereyes (or at least cyber vision systems), but they're far far worse than regular eyes and very very basic in terms of the vision they provide. It's only an upgrade for people who are completely blind without them.

Purely on a tangent, it will be interesting to see, once we can manufacture artificial eyes better than the real thing, how much of the improved capabilitiy we will be capable of utilizing.
I assume there will be a bottleneck of some sort, in our brains or optical nerves.

Eldan
2021-05-27, 09:34 AM
Our eyes already take in more data than our Brains process. There's several layers of neurons that integrate the data fo a series of sensory cells into one signal. In interesting ways, too (for example, there's an entire set of neurons that does nothing except look at the data of a certain portion of the visual field and decide if certain things occur there, like "edges" or "things that have unusual color" or "movement". That happens before the data even gets to the actual brain.)

Vizzerdrix
2021-06-09, 12:49 AM
Why would anyone want to be a filthy knife eared Keebler when you could be a beautiful tusky and lusty troll instead?

Also I am surprised that riggers aren't a thing yet. Drones can cover lots of ground and would make security work a lot easier.

Eldan
2021-06-09, 05:23 AM
They are in a limited fashion. Surveillance drones are a thing you can buy. Delivery drones exist, in some cities you can order pizza by drone. Drone Warfare, of course.

And perhaps my favourite development, some airports now have trained eagles who bring down camera drones to keep the airspace free.

Xlsfd
2021-06-14, 09:57 AM
Then we have less than 8 years left before the Internet is destroyed by the Crash Virus (8th February 2029 - "Crash of 2029"), which will lead to the first cyberdecks being developed and also to the existence of Black IC.

Telok
2021-06-14, 12:01 PM
Why would anyone want to be a filthy knife eared Keebler when you could be a beautiful tusky and lusty troll instead?

Also I am surprised that riggers aren't a thing yet. Drones can cover lots of ground and would make security work a lot easier.

On Saturday I saw a remote control boat hoist. Pretty neat, big open frame on wheels with winches and straps on top, a 50' fishing boat hanging in it. It was just rolling down the street, one person walking in front, another behind with the remote controls. Just life in a fishing town, people out with the rc boat hoist.

Lacco
2021-06-16, 11:59 AM
Then we have less than 8 years left before the Internet is destroyed by the Crash Virus (8th February 2029 - "Crash of 2029"), which will lead to the first cyberdecks being developed and also to the existence of Black IC.

Oh my.

Need to start printing my RPG PDFs...

The Glyphstone
2021-06-19, 11:39 AM
On Saturday I saw a remote control boat hoist. Pretty neat, big open frame on wheels with winches and straps on top, a 50' fishing boat hanging in it. It was just rolling down the street, one person walking in front, another behind with the remote controls. Just life in a fishing town, people out with the rc boat hoist.

So because I am sleep deprived, I though that started with "I saw a remote control boat heist". Because that would be the most Shadowrun thing ever.

comicshorse
2021-06-19, 01:59 PM
So because I am sleep deprived, I though that started with "I saw a remote control boat heist". Because that would be the most Shadowrun thing ever.

So are they stealing remote control boats or stealing stuff WITH remote control boats

The Glyphstone
2021-06-19, 04:20 PM
So are they stealing remote control boats or stealing stuff WITH remote control boats

Yes10characters

LibraryOgre
2021-06-22, 04:39 PM

Yes10characters

Get your drone (which has to be on the water because their AA systems will tag a flying drone) close enough to the boat for your decker to use the drone as a repeater so they can hack the boat. Once they've hacked the boat, the rigger jumps in to the boat, and the drone stays with it to enable the remote control from that range. Get fancy and you have two drones, so the decker can engage any riggers who try to control the boat themselves, plus do things like keep the doors locked and comms locked down.