PDA

View Full Version : Purl Snaggins the Knit Wizard

Burley
2021-04-30, 08:11 AM
So, my group(s) ends up having one shots pretty often, because life gets in the way of our normal campaign(s), and I'm trying to get a backlog of fun characters.

I want to make a Knitting Wizard. They use their knitting needles as wands (or wands as needles) and their spells will revolve around yarn and stuff. I'm thinking abjuration, to cast woolly sweaters of deflection on my party.

Is there a better, more flavorful choice? Any spells that'd fit? (I'm playing an artificer in the main campaign, so, I'm avoiding that class.)

Bobthewizard
2021-04-30, 08:30 AM
Let's see. With no change in mechanics, here are some ideas.

Mage Armor, Shield and Absorb elements are knitted armor
Grease is being tripped by yarn on the ground
Fog Cloud and Web are filling the area with yarn
Levitate is pulling the target up in the air like a puppet
Hold person, Hypnotic Pattern are restraining the targets with yarn
Fly is knitting flying carpets
Fire bolt and Fireball are bursts of hot knitting needles
Summon Fey and Polymorph are a crochet versions
Longstrider, Expeditious Retreat, Misty Step, and Dimension Door are just them moving fast (that's how they can knit their spells so fast).

I would go Conjuration with Minor Conjuration being them knitting something real fast that functions like its steel or wood counterpart.

RogueJK
2021-04-30, 10:21 AM
Summon Fey and Polymorph are a crochet versions

Ha! The party Barbarian turns into a giant stuffed T-Rex with googly-eyes. All the enemies laugh... until the first one gets his head ripped off.

KorvinStarmast
2021-04-30, 12:29 PM
I want to make a Knitting Wizard.
Cantrip: lightning lure.
Snagg them with some lightning yarn and pull them to you.

RogueJK
2021-04-30, 12:56 PM
Cantrip: lightning lure.
Snagg them with some lightning yarn and pull them to you.

Snag them with some yarn, pull them to you, and let the static electricity from the wool zap them.

neonchameleon
2021-04-30, 02:14 PM
So, my group(s) ends up having one shots pretty often, because life gets in the way of our normal campaign(s), and I'm trying to get a backlog of fun characters.

I want to make a Knitting Wizard. They use their knitting needles as wands (or wands as needles) and their spells will revolve around yarn and stuff. I'm thinking abjuration, to cast woolly sweaters of deflection on my party.

Is there a better, more flavorful choice? Any spells that'd fit? (I'm playing an artificer in the main campaign, so, I'm avoiding that class.)

I'm going to suggest Purl Snaggins the Fathomless Warlock. You summon tentacles from the pact - or wool. You can disguise self at will as an invocation ... in something you knitted rapidly. Your spell list is short, which is an advantage. But Arms of Hadar and Armour of Agathys are both Warlock-only at first level and you've far more where they came from.