PDA

View Full Version : Dimension Door clarification needed

lolcat
2021-04-30, 09:14 AM
As the title suggests, i am not quite sure how that spell works for other creatures brought along. So for the caster it says: " After using this spell, you can't take any other actions until your next turn.", clear enough. But what for other creatures that one can take along? Do they still have their entire set of actions, or are essentially "done with their round" as well?

Thanks for any insight you can provide on that:smallsmile:

Xervous
2021-04-30, 09:45 AM
Seems pretty clear that it’s just the caster that’s affected. Nothing is listed for other creatures so nothing unusual happens to them.

smetzger
2021-04-30, 09:45 AM
As the title suggests, i am not quite sure how that spell works for other creatures brought along. So for the caster it says: " After using this spell, you can't take any other actions until your next turn.", clear enough. But what for other creatures that one can take along? Do they still have their entire set of actions, or are essentially "done with their round" as well?

The other creatures have not done anything, they can act normally on their initiative turn. Just like if you cast haste, bless, or any number of other spells on your allies.

Kurald Galain
2021-04-30, 10:11 AM
The 2E version of the spell suggests that anyone transported by the spell must skip his next turn. This makes sense from a flavor perspective (the spell is so disorienting that you can't immediately act at your destination) as well as a balance perspective (in that it would disallow long-range ambushes with this spell). So I find it likely that the intent of the spell is that every target has to wait until your next turn.

That said, as written the 3E version of the spell doesn't say that, and other targets are free to do as they please.

lolcat
2021-04-30, 12:42 PM
Alright, thank you all for the information :)