PDA

View Full Version : Evil Help is Hard to Find

BRC
2007-11-11, 12:37 PM
My group's next campaign is going to be an epic-level evil campaign, and I was going to use my homebrewed Mad Scientist class (see sig). Now if my memories from our last high-level campaign are correct, I will have a large amount of money left over, so I was going to have a manor/keep/laboratory for my evil plans. Another member of the group (DM's sister) has actually sketched out a very nice floorplan of parts of said manor, but I was trying to think of other nifty things, especially servants that can be around the place. Since my character is a mad scientist, these servants can be creations, stitched together and animated with alchemeical nonsense and a good bolt of lightning.
Right now, the only one I'm more-or-less sure about is a vampire spawn (or vampire) butler. But I'll also need a labratory assistant (must be named Igor), and maybe a few other things.

So, any ideas for Servants/Features of Daneeka Manor (Character is going to be named Doctor Daneeka, to continue my trend of naming my characters after people from Catch-22)

shadow_archmagi
2007-11-11, 12:41 PM
An ooze is mandatory I believe.

BRC
2007-11-11, 12:45 PM
An ooze is mandatory I believe.
Hmm, maybe if I have a spare room in the Cellar (which functions both as a prison and a pen for my creations, all cells are rigged to drop their occupants into an adjacent creature pen if a lever is pulled.)

Raistlin1040
2007-11-11, 01:00 PM
You need a pale guy with dark hair who looks like he hasn't slept in weeks. Make him a bard, and make him as absolutly creepy as possible.

Lochar
2007-11-11, 01:18 PM
You need a pale guy with dark hair who looks like he hasn't slept in weeks. Make him a bard, and make him as absolutly creepy as possible.

And put him in the Dirgesinger PrC

tyckspoon
2007-11-11, 01:24 PM
An Animated Jacob's Ladder (that's the two-wires-with-electricity thingy. The Mad Scientist's equivalent of a desk toy.) Bodiless appendages would be nice scenery dressing; stick a tank of eyeballs somewhere. Make 'em watch visitors.

goat
2007-11-11, 01:26 PM
Get a few oozes so that you have one that eats everything. Then use them as waste disposal for your failed experiments.

Maybe some awakened wolves for guard dogs. That way they can patrol the grounds, but only eat the people who AREN'T invited.

BRC
2007-11-11, 01:28 PM
Get a few oozes so that you have one that eats everything. Then use them as waste disposal for your failed experiments.

Maybe some awakened wolves for guard dogs. That way they can patrol the grounds, but only eat the people who AREN'T invited.
I was going to use creation-dire wolves as guard dogs, with a few construct parts. Somebody else is going to be playing a necromancer, so I'll give the corpses of failed experiments to them, but a pit of oozes somewhere on the grounds couldn't hurt.

trainer343
2007-11-11, 01:32 PM
I forget what it's called, but there is a golem in MM3 with a neg energy burst that might make a good guardain.

I think it's shadow...something. It looks really fricking sweet. You can't miss it.

Tempest Fennac
2007-11-11, 01:41 PM
A Bard varient called a Harbinger (page 16 on http://www.crystalkeep.com/d20/rules/DnD3.5Index-Classes-Base.pdf ) could be a good class for the creepy guy.

shadow_archmagi
2007-11-11, 02:26 PM
A massive fatty idiot flesh-monster thing is always a good idea...

How about sort of whirling ball of blades.. sort of like a manhack from Half life 2.

Darkxarth
2007-11-11, 02:49 PM
If your evil manor is castle-esque or gothic-y, might I suggest using a couple of Gargoyles? They're only CR 5, but they can just stand there on guard duty and never be noticed until they strike at those you don't want getting in. Granted, it's not going to stop any epic-level threats, but I get the feeling you're just looking for flavor here.

BRC
2007-11-11, 03:13 PM
yeah, I'm really more going for flavor than anything. The way my DM works, he won't have the manor be attacked by a force we need considerable defenses for unless we invest in those defenses. If we do build up those defenses and have alot of powerful guards, he will have somthing powerful attack so the investment isn't wasted.

Blanks
2007-11-11, 03:16 PM
Big fat torturer in the cell is mandatory i believe.

Some sort of imprisoned fiend somewhere, perhaps your advisor, or the real force behind your fireplace always being lit :smalltongue:

Dimwitted giant in the back yard...

Mewtarthio
2007-11-11, 04:15 PM
A Bard varient called a Harbinger (page 16 on http://www.crystalkeep.com/d20/rules/DnD3.5Index-Classes-Base.pdf ) could be a good class for the creepy guy.

Ooh, creepy. I'm not sure which would be cooler: A Harbringer with ranks in Perform (oratory) who smugly talks his enemies to death ("Fool. There is no hope for you. I can already sense your despair. Can't you feel it? Weighing down your limbs, pinning you to the ground?") or a Harbringer with ranks in Perform (oratory) who wanders around prophesying Things Man Was Not Meant to Know (do you suppose it would be over the top to make her a little girl? Yeah, definately over the top).

PaladinBoy
2007-11-11, 04:20 PM
I forget what it's called, but there is a golem in MM3 with a neg energy burst that might make a good guardain.

I think it's shadow...something. It looks really fricking sweet. You can't miss it.

Shadesteel golem. It's very expensive, but very tough. It's negative energy burst makes it particularly deadly when fighting with undead allies (for hopefully obvious reasons).

TheLogman
2007-11-11, 04:29 PM
ShadeSteel Golem, as another poster said, is exceptionally fun. Since this is an Epic Campaign, it would be perfect. It is healed by Negative Energy, Hasted by Positive energy, immune to all other Magic, and has a negative energy wave to power up your undead. However, you should probably just give that to your necromancer friend.

For you, Head of a Mind Flayer, Body of a Hound Archon, Eyes of a Basilisk, Eyebrows of a Rust Monster, Wings of an adult Black Dragon, and if you can swing it, Assassin Vines on the back.

BRC
2007-11-11, 04:39 PM
ShadeSteel Golem, as another poster said, is exceptionally fun. Since this is an Epic Campaign, it would be perfect. It is healed by Negative Energy, Hasted by Positive energy, immune to all other Magic, and has a negative energy wave to power up your undead. However, you should probably just give that to your necromancer friend.

For you, Head of a Mind Flayer, Body of a Hound Archon, Eyes of a Basilisk, Eyebrows of a Rust Monster, Wings of an adult Black Dragon, and if you can swing it, Assassin Vines on the back.
Well the Mad Scientist can't modify themself, but maybe somthing like that for his creature.

TheLogman
2007-11-11, 04:40 PM
That's what I meant, I was trying to think of the best mix of bodyguard parts.

Moff Chumley
2007-11-11, 05:07 PM
Well, you definatly need to breed several monsters together, to make up the bulk of your experimenting: may I reccomed Fiendish Displacer Beasts/Half-Dragon Shadow Mastiffs? You can keep by-products in random places around the grounds.

I move that Igor be a vampire gnome.

BRC
2007-11-11, 05:08 PM
Well, you definatly need to breed several monsters together, to make up the bulk of your experimenting: may I reccomed Fiendish Displacer Beasts/Half-Dragon Shadow Mastiffs? You can keep by-products in random places around the grounds.

I move that Igor be a vampire gnome.
My character is already going to be a gnome, so Igor will proably be a human, or a creation of some sort.
EDIT: Do you know of a way to get some permenant unseen servants around the place?

Mewtarthio
2007-11-11, 05:22 PM
As a side note, you might be intersted in something along the lines of these homebrewed incantations (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3502405). You'll probably also want to research new ways to apply weird templates to creatures (that's what Mad Science is all about!).

daggaz
2007-11-11, 07:54 PM
Some kind of imp wouldnt be bad...

A captured succubus who has been put thru a lot of ...surgery, but still thinks she is beautiful and charming..

and...no,,... that last one was dark enough for my post count today.

AslanCross
2007-11-11, 08:00 PM
For oozes, I suggest a Flesh Jelly. It's possibly the most disgusting ooze I've seen. It's from MM2.

BRC
2007-11-11, 09:18 PM
It wouldn't be one of my threads without some low quality artwork.
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w27/bloddyredcommie/Staff.png
Reginald the vampire butler, Igor the lab assistant, A drow "Interrogator"(creation, an extra pair of arms added, Rene the chef (Creation, goblin with mechanical legs and a third arm), and a dog.

Tempest Fennac
2007-11-12, 02:46 AM
If the Hrbinger was a little girl, she could act like the Test Card Girl from Life On Mars (that would be really creepy).