PDA

View Full Version : Can an awakend animal know the druidic secret language?

eyebreaker7
2021-05-01, 03:22 PM
"An awakened tree or animal can speak one language that you know, plus one additional language that you know per point of Intelligence bonus (if any)."

Druids are the ones casting the spell right? yes. So could they technically "know" the druidic secret language?

Silly Name
2021-05-01, 03:30 PM
I don't see why not, but keep in mind you're forbidden from teaching Druidic to nondruids. You could do it but then have to receive an atonement spell, and in-between you'd lose all Druid spells and abilities, including your animal companion.

eyebreaker7
2021-05-01, 04:04 PM
I mean the creature the druid cast the awaken on? Sorry I should have worded it better. I mean how does a creature just suddenly know languages? I guess it's all part of the whole thing being magic. lol.

aglondier
2021-05-02, 06:25 AM
I would be inclined to rule that a tree or animal awakened by a druid could know any of the languages known by said druid, including druidic...

Silly Name
2021-05-02, 01:19 PM
I mean the creature the druid cast the awaken on? Sorry I should have worded it better. I mean how does a creature just suddenly know languages? I guess it's all part of the whole thing being magic. lol.

Yeah, you can make the animal learn druidic if you're a druid. But I'd argue that's a breach of the druid's code, since you'd be effectively teaching druidic to non-druid.

As for how they magically learn the language... Yeah, it's just magical. No real deep metaphysical explaination, it's just part of the spell.

eyebreaker7
2021-05-02, 01:25 PM
As for how they magically learn the language... Yeah, it's just magical. No real deep metaphysical explaination, it's just part of the spell.

LOL! Yeah that's pretty much what I was thinking. I just prefer other opinions. Especially if I'm wrong.