PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next [WIP] Nymphblood Sorcerer

werescythe
2021-05-02, 12:37 PM
So this is a little homebrewed subclass that I am working on for Sorcerers, the concept is a sorcerer bloodline that is connected to Succubi, Incubi, or some other strange seductive creature that gives the sorcerer a more charismatic nature.

Nymphblood Sorcerer (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UieJohSH0GVBmKzxweGGYPFjgoWVK_0syZ1_SO4TmhE/edit?usp=sharing)

There are a few things that should be noted.
1. I still haven't come up with a 18th level ability (feel free to take a look and offer some ideas).
2. There is a spell list, kind of like with the Aberrant Mind and Clockwork Sorcerers, however I didn't include the ability to change out spells, largely because I didn't feel like it fit well.
3. I'm not a huge fan of WotC's fascination with giving sorcerer's flying abilities, so I tried to avoid that with this subclass.
4. Obviously this is still a work in progress.

Please feel free to offer constructive criticism and suggestions in the comments below. Thank you.

Garfunion
2021-05-02, 01:32 PM
The link is requiring me to sign in to google doc.

werescythe
2021-05-02, 02:04 PM
The link is requiring me to sign in to google doc.

I think I might have fixed it.

Garfunion
2021-05-02, 02:40 PM
Not sure if I can help you with this one, when I think of the name nymph it reminds me more of a Fey woodland creature, not demonic.

For spell list
I would use Bane instead of Hex, the beauty of the sorcerer is distracting
For the friends cantrip, I would say allow the sorcerer to spend one sorcery point to ignore the material and somatic component, additionally upon doing so once the spell ends the creature is unaware that it was influenced by magic. I would keep the cast time the same, you normally do not use this can’t trip in combat.

Pleasant Company
is rather DM or group dependent. It’s pretty much similar to the bard’s song of rest feature and leadership feat, just with extra steps.

Alluring Metamorphosis
I’m not too sure what to think of this feature it seems kind of meh.

This archetype kind of reminds me of
Faerûnian Prestige Class : Heartwarder(3.5)

werescythe
2021-05-02, 08:37 PM
Not sure if I can help you with this one, when I think of the name nymph it reminds me more of a Fey woodland creature, not demonic.

For spell list
I would use Bane instead of Hex, the beauty of the sorcerer is distracting
For the friends cantrip, I would say allow the sorcerer to spend one sorcery point to ignore the material and somatic component, additionally upon doing so once the spell ends the creature is unaware that it was influenced by magic. I would keep the cast time the same, you normally do not use this can’t trip in combat.

Pleasant Company
is rather DM or group dependent. It’s pretty much similar to the bard’s song of rest feature and leadership feat, just with extra steps.

Alluring Metamorphosis
I’m not too sure what to think of this feature it seems kind of meh.

I went back and made some changes to Pleasant Company and Alluring Metamorphosis. I'm still not too sure about the 18th level ability.

Garfunion
2021-05-03, 04:46 AM
Side note: after rereading your archetype and messing around with my own version, I have to wonder that it might just be easier to play a bard.

Alu-blood
You are a descendent of an Alu-fiend because of this you carry the blood a Succubus. Due to the alluring power of your Alu-blood, some find it difficult to interact with others, as those around them are easily seduced by them. On the other hand there are other Alu-bloodline sorcerers who take advantage of these abilities and force their way into positions of power, fame and fortune.

Seductive Magic
At First level, you learn additional spells when you reach certain levels in this class, as shown on the Seductive Spells Table. Each of these spells is considered as Sorcerer spells for you, but they don’t count against your number of spells known.

Seductive Spells
Sorcerer Spells
Level
1st Bane, Charm Person, Friends
3rd Enhance Ability, Suggestion
5th Bestow Curse, Vampiric Touch
7th Charm Monster, Death Ward
9th Dream, Geas

Silken Lips
Your succubi heritage affects your way with words and your ability to persuade others. Furthermore, they are more reluctant to harm you.
Starting at 1st level, when you touch a creature you may cast the Friends cantrip without the need of material or somatic component. When the spell end the creature must make a charisma saving throw, on failed save the creature is unaware that they have been influenced by magic. Additionally you may spend one sorcery point to give the creature disadvantage on this saving through.

Pleasant Company
You exude an otherworldly allure that calms the nerves of those who rest with you.
Starting at 6th level, when you take either a short or a long rest, you may select a number of creature equal to your charisma modifier(minimum 2) and provided them with a boon, depending upon the type of rest you take, each creature receive the following benefits:

*Short Rest: Each creature can add your Charisma modifier (Minimum of 1) to the result of any Hit Dice rolled, during the rest.

*Long Rest: Upon completing the rest, you and each creature that rested with you, gain Temporary Hit Points equal to your Sorcerer level.

Additionally any creature affected by your Pleasant Company has advantages on their next saving throw to prevent from being charmed.

Blinding Beauty
The salacious blood pulsing through your veins naturally improving your defense.
At 6th level, when you're attacked, you may use your reaction to add your Charisma modifier to your AC, potentially preventing the attack from hitting. You can do this a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus. You regain all expended uses after completing a long rest.

Alluring Metamorphosis
More of the blood of your ancestor flows through your veins enhancing your abilities with your more alluring magic.
Beginning at 14th level, you suffer none of the frailty of old age, your body becomes a flawless beauty, and you can’t be aged magically. You can still die of old age, however.

Work in progress

Undeniable Charisma
Starting at 18th level, your spells that inflict Charm are no longer affected by a creature’s resistance or immunity to being charmed. Instead creatures that are resistant to being charmed don’t gain advantage, while creatures that are normally immune to being charmed instead merely roll with advantage.
Furthermore when your

werescythe
2021-05-14, 08:59 PM
Thanks, but I actually have my own thoughts in mind.

I made some new changes and updated my Sorcerer Nymphblood Bloodline that I feel fits the aesthetic and feel I was going for better. :smallsmile:

Now I just need to make sure it's balanced and to adjust some flavor text.