PDA

View Full Version : Did I imagine this spell?

Zaq
2021-05-02, 12:51 PM
I could have sworn there was a spell (or power or something) that compelled everyone under a certain HD in a really wide area (miles, I think) to save or else come hang out in a certain location. You know, good for getting a whole pile of commoners to come watch you ascend as you complete the grand ritual or whatever.

It’s not sympathy (https://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/sympathy.htm) since that doesn’t have the super wide area. Sympathy will keep you in the area but it won’t get you off the couch to come to the area, which I recall being the salient feature of the spell.

Maybe it was a monster rather than a spell. I didn’t see anything with a quick glance at XPH powers, though I’m on mobile so I didn’t go anywhere other than the SRD.

Does this sound familiar to anyone else? I suppose it’s plausible that I was misremembering sympathy, but I really feel like it was a separate effect. Any idea what it is I’m half-remembering?

Honestly I don’t even want to do anything with it right now. I’m just stuck on the fact that I can’t remember what it actually is.

Tvtyrant
2021-05-02, 01:09 PM
I could have sworn there was a spell (or power or something) that compelled everyone under a certain HD in a really wide area (miles, I think) to save or else come hang out in a certain location. You know, good for getting a whole pile of commoners to come watch you ascend as you complete the grand ritual or whatever.

It’s not sympathy (https://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/sympathy.htm) since that doesn’t have the super wide area. Sympathy will keep you in the area but it won’t get you off the couch to come to the area, which I recall being the salient feature of the spell.

Maybe it was a monster rather than a spell. I didn’t see anything with a quick glance at XPH powers, though I’m on mobile so I didn’t go anywhere other than the SRD.

Does this sound familiar to anyone else? I suppose it’s plausible that I was misremembering sympathy, but I really feel like it was a separate effect. Any idea what it is I’m half-remembering?

Honestly I don’t even want to do anything with it right now. I’m just stuck on the fact that I can’t remember what it actually is.

Rod of Rulership comes to mind, charms everyone within 120 feet of you.

eyebreaker7
2021-05-02, 01:54 PM
Is your name Josh? lol. :tongue:

Venger
2021-05-02, 03:13 PM
Are you thinking of the night twist? I believe it broadcasts a psychic wave to all creatures with int 5 or greater for like hundreds of miles to come have picnics under its branches and then maybe it kills them. If not a night twist, one of the other evil trees: the nightmare blossom or something like that.

nedz
2021-05-02, 04:55 PM
There's Siren's Call (Stormwrack — Bard 3, Sorcerer 4, Wizard 4, Seafolk 4) which makes a bunch of people head for the sea ?

KillianHawkeye
2021-05-02, 07:49 PM
Might be Thrallherd?

Telonius
2021-05-02, 11:29 PM
Seems a little like the Bacchae. Fey partygoers that move to an area, entice people to join them.