PDA

View Full Version : Explosive Spell (Megumin)

Mordante
2021-05-04, 07:09 AM
Hi all,

One of the players in my group is playing a Gnomw wizard. At level 3 het chose the explosive spell feat. Are there any items items in the books that I can give him to help him become Megumin like?

Our little group of three isn't greatly min/maxed. So I'm looking for some fun and helpful items for the group. Is there anything that would with explosive spell. How can we make explosive spell useful for lvl 0 and lvl 1 spells?

Jowgen
2021-05-04, 10:10 AM
There is the Soul Tick Symbiont in Fiend Folio that'll automatically apply empower spell metamagic to any [Evil],[Death] or spell that uses negative energy in some way.

One way to make that apply broadly would be to allow said wizard to trade in their Familiar for the Aligned Spellcaster Alternative Class feature from Dragon Mag 357 to make all her non-good spells [Evil]. Corrupt spell is a different metamgic feat with a +1 cost that accomplishes the same thing.

Metamagic optimisation is a pretty broad field, have a handbook (http://www.bg-archive.minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=9876.0).

rel
2021-05-06, 02:00 AM
spell with a large area + some way to add a reflex save to it?
maybe some meta magic cost reducers?

If you want to play something the rules don't support and the character creation minigame isn't something you find fun I recommend homebrewing TBH

Jowgen
2021-05-06, 11:12 AM
spell with a large area + some way to add a reflex save to it?
maybe some meta magic cost reducers?

The Born of Three Thunders metamagic adds a fort and ref save to the modified spell, making it perfectly viable for explosive spell.

It's a +0 metamagic cost, which is good. It only works for [Electricity] or [Sonic] spells, which limits the scope a tad absent even more resource investment to get it applied more broadly.

The main drawback is that you're dazed on the turn following using a spell with it... but that seems to very much be in line with the desired Megumin flavour.:smallbiggrin:

PanosIs
2021-05-06, 11:33 AM
Add sudden metamagic feats for even more 1/day flavor.