PDA

View Full Version : Dynamic Druid Spell List Spreadsheet

Hachristo
2021-05-06, 02:24 PM
This is a spreadsheet with all core druid spells on on. It updates anything dependent on caster level, such as range, targets, duration, etc. There is a defined range called level, which can be changed in cell AA2. You can also keep track of which spells you want to prepare, enter in the number of times you want to prepare the spell in the corresponding prepared cell; the number prepared cell at the top right will sum your total (you can change the x at the end to reflect your actual max number of spells per day). For the longer descriptions, there are links to the hypertext on the spell names. This took a lot longer than I care to admit.

Link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pL5s-0Jvwh_8jUHtF2WTC5xjtUD_LEeqwgQoUXw-xIQ/edit?usp=sharing

It's view only, so make a copy for your own use. Let me know if you have any questions or critiques, I hope to do this for other spell lists so if you have a request for which one to do next lmk.

SnugUndies
2021-05-07, 06:59 PM
This is super cool! I hope to play a druid in an adapted Tomb of Horrors mostly-Core one-shot soon so I'm looking forward to trying it out. Thanks for going to all the effort of cobbling this together!

rrwoods
2021-05-07, 07:56 PM
For your future work, to keep from needing to replicate things like

=CONCAT("Close: ", CONCAT(25+(5*FLOOR(Level/2)), " ft"))

I'd recommend making a "common variables" sheet and storing this stuff there, and using named ranges to reference them. Obviously you've already done the work on this one, so not much sense in updating it now (unless of course you want to change the text templating at some point).

Also, the & operator is shorter to type and (IMO) easier to read than the CONCAT function.

Albanymusicfund
2021-05-07, 10:07 PM
This is a spreadsheet with all core druid spells on on. It updates anything dependent on caster level, such as range, targets, duration, etc. There is a defined range called level, which can be changed in cell AA2. You can also keep track of which spells you want to prepare, enter in the number of times you want to prepare the spell in the corresponding prepared cell; the number prepared cell at the top right will sum your total (you can change the x at the end to reflect your actual max number of spells per day). For the longer descriptions, there are links to the hypertext on the spell names. This took a lot longer than I care to admit.

Link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pL5s-0Jvwh_8jUHtF2WTC5xjtUD_LEeqwgQoUXw-xIQ/edit?usp=sharing

It's view only, so make a copy for your own use. Let me know if you have any questions or critiques, I hope to do this for other spell lists so if you have a request for which one to do next lmk.

Thanks for making this buddy

Hachristo
2021-05-08, 12:39 AM
For your future work, to keep from needing to replicate things like

=CONCAT("Close: ", CONCAT(25+(5*FLOOR(Level/2)), " ft"))

I'd recommend making a "common variables" sheet and storing this stuff there, and using named ranges to reference them. Obviously you've already done the work on this one, so not much sense in updating it now (unless of course you want to change the text templating at some point).

Also, the & operator is shorter to type and (IMO) easier to read than the CONCAT function.

Thanks you for the advice! I'm self taught on spreadsheets so stuff like this is super helpful. I'll implement these suggestions in the next one of these I do (probably bard).

rrwoods
2021-05-08, 01:11 AM
Thanks you for the advice! I'm self taught on spreadsheets so stuff like this is super helpful. I'll implement these suggestions in the next one of these I do (probably bard).
No problem! I’ve spent more time with spreadsheets than I care to admit, and I’m happy to pass it on :)