PDA

View Full Version : Magic Weapons and Items Ideas

blackjack50
2021-05-07, 06:33 PM
So I have some ideas and I’m curious if y’all would like these.

1) Crossbow of Replay: +1 medium crossbow that when a player makes a successful attack roll, their next attack on that same target can be taken as an automatic success with the same damage results. This ignores all cover of a target within short or long range.

2) The storm Lord’s sling: A +1 sling with 3 effects: a) casts gust of wind b) hail storm happens within a 15 foot diameter area that does 2d10 bludgeoning damage and 2d8 cold damage on a failed dex save c) flash and thunder shot: player can throw 1 shot that has a magical property of a lighting strike. It does 1d6 thunder damage...but any player within 10 feet is stunned for a turn.

blackjack50
2021-05-08, 10:02 AM
3) Hammer of Smashing (name change?): +1 2 handed hammer that a player can smash into the ground and cause a seismic disturbance in an 15 foot area. Enemies must make a dex save or be knocked prone. The save would be 10+players strength modifier.

4) Hunter’s Blow Gun: +1 blow gun that has 2 effects a) mimics the effects of the sleep cell for 1d4 hours with no damage. b) Mimics hunter’s mark spell.

5) Doll of Distraction: A small green stuffed animal that when activated can be thrown. Enemies must make a wisdom save or become obsessed with this object for 1 hour. They will attempt to talk to the stuffed animal, and if more than 1 person is within 5 feet they will fight over the object.

KorvinStarmast
2021-05-08, 11:00 AM
3) Hammer of Smashing (name change?): +1 2 handed hammer that a player can smash into the ground and cause a seismic disturbance in an 15 foot area. Enemies must make a dex save or be knocked prone. The save would be 10+players strength modifier.
Maul. Rare. How many charges? Effects like that often have charges. Maybe seven charges max, recharge 1d6 each dawn, like other magic items.

The stuffed animal; does it inflict the charmed condition? This one's got a lot of holes in it, rethink maybe.

The blow gun: meh. Does this activate on a hit? On a command word? What? Flesh this one out, needs more detail.

The crossbow: hmm, rare or very rare. Make sure the player keeps track of ammo, or, is the second shot purely magical and not an actual arrow?

2) The storm Lord’s sling: A +1 sling with 3 effects
Do all three trigger on a hit? Using a command word? Charges

but any player within 10 feet is stunned for a turn. Suggest Creature, not Player.
Very Rare.

blackjack50
2021-05-08, 11:46 AM
Maul. Rare. How many charges? Effects like that often have charges. Maybe seven charges max, recharge 1d6 each dawn, like other magic items.

The stuffed animal; does it inflict the charmed condition? This one's got a lot of holes in it, rethink maybe.

The blow gun: meh. Does this activate on a hit? On a command word? What? Flesh this one out, needs more detail.

The crossbow: hmm, rare or very rare. Make sure the player keeps track of ammo, or, is the second shot purely magical and not an actual arrow?

Do all three trigger on a hit? Using a command word? Charges
Suggest Creature, not Player.
Very Rare.

I would say maybe 1-3 a day charge. Probably just 1.

The stuffed animal would be a charm. It would be limited utility. Treat it kind of like a cursed item.

The crossbow would be regular ammo. Maybe adjust the condition that it would have to be in the same space (so not a different room).

The blow gun would be only triggered on a hit (so it would kind of be like a magical tranquilizer gun or tracking dart).

The sling I liked because they would be like a charge but with AOE and not a single shot that hits. It would be more of a utility item. And on a creature is what I meant (not player lol...that was a mistake hehe). A friend suggested that the sling be a legendary item where players collect those abilities over time for the weapon.

thoroughlyS
2021-05-08, 08:31 PM
Can you please elaborate on how often each of these items is supposed to be usable? Like, the crossbow. There is a huge difference in power if that is a passive property that applies every turn vs an active property that has some kind of limit (e.g. charges).

blackjack50
2021-05-09, 11:44 AM
Can you please elaborate on how often each of these items is supposed to be usable? Like, the crossbow. There is a huge difference in power if that is a passive property that applies every turn vs an active property that has some kind of limit (e.g. charges).

Once per day seems fair.

thoroughlyS
2021-05-09, 11:49 AM
I mean all of them. We need details on these items to be able to effectively judge how powerful they are.