PDA

View Full Version : Venom

cartejos
2021-05-10, 05:48 AM
I'm looking for a venomous race. Specifically one that has its poison as a bite. Animal Devotion looks good, but is not what I'm going for, I would like the bite to be a racial feature.

ShurikVch
2021-05-10, 01:22 PM
Tainted One template - originally was LA +1, but Serpent Kingdoms lists them as LA +3 (and also replaces Poison Bite with Poison Kiss)
Poisonous Creature template (Dragon #350) LA +2
Entomanothrope (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/re/20040621a) template - just pick your Vermin; LA +2
Thri-Kreen, non-psionic (Shining South) LA +1
Beguiler (Shining South) with Arachnoid Creature template (Underdark) - if your DM would allow it, it's LA +0 (cohort)

RedMage125
2021-05-10, 01:23 PM
Thri-Kreen, as I recall, have venomous bite.

PoeticallyPsyco
2021-05-10, 02:10 PM
Savage Species has 5 versions of Anthropomorphic Viper, depending on the size of the base viper. I'd recommend Huge Viper or Large Viper (for a Large and Medium Anthropmorphic Viper respectively) for some truly crazy Dexterity bonuses... but they also come with massive Strength penalties, so if you want to use Str for anything maybe go with one of the smaller ones (which aren't shrinking as much, and thus ironically end up with a bigger final STR bonus).