PDA

View Full Version : A smattering of feats and spells (PEACH)

Kurald Galain
2007-11-11, 08:26 PM
PEACH

The following feats are intended to make monk-ish unarmed combat abilities available to fighters (who can make good use of them with their better BAB and hit points and so forth).

Unarmed Mastery (feat, can be taken as fighter bonus feat)
Requires: BAB +3
Effect: When attacking unarmed, you can make one additional attack at your best attack bonus, and you add one-third your BAB to the damage done.

Celerity (feat, can be taken as fighter bonus feat)
Requires: BAB +1
Effect: While not wearing armor, you gain a +1 dodge bonus to your armor class, and +10 to your movement rate.

Improved Celerity (feat, can be taken as fighter bonus feat)
Requires: Celerity, BAB +6
Effect: While not wearing armor, you add an additional +2 dodge bonus to your armor class, and an additional +20 to your movement rate.

Battle Hardened (feat, can be taken as fighter bonus feat)
Requires: Fighter level 4th
Effect: Pick either Reflex or Will. For all your fighter levels, that saving throw uses the "high" progression rather than the "low" one.

Interpose (feat, can be taken as fighter bonus feat)
Requires: BAB +1
Whenever an enemy intends to move into a square adjacent to you, you may, as an immediate action, step into that square yourself instead. This forces that enemy to abort his move; the enemy may opt to attack you (or bull rush you) instead of whatever else it was planning. If the enemy hits you with a trample or overrun attack, it may continue its movement.

You may not use this against flying enemies (unless you fly yourself), enemies you can't see for whatever reason, incorporeal enemies, or swarms.

Improved interpose (feat, can be taken as fighter bonus feat)
Requires: Interpose, BAB +6
As above, but with a range of ten feet.

This spell was meant to counter Rope Trick and MMM cheese.

Planar Trap (abjuration, level 5)

Range: medium
Area: circle of 10 foot per level
Duration: 1 hour per level
Components: V,S,M

This spell creates a hazardous disturbance between the planes. Any creature attemping to enter or leave the plane the spell is cast on within its area of effect (this includes planeshifting, going ethereal, entering a Rope Trick, etc) is struck by violent turbulence of the planar border.

Any such victim must make three fortitude saves. A victim who makes all three feels uncomfortable but is otherwise unaffected. A victim that fails one saving throw is stunned for 1d6 rounds. A victim who fails two saving throws takes 1d6 points of damage per caster level, in addition to being stunned. A victim failing all three saving throws is disintegrated.

The presence of this spell cannot be detected by Detect Magic and similar effects, except those created by 5th-level or higher spells.

This spell was for a setting where (some) people were convinced sorcerers were unclean, and went around "curing" them.

Desorcerify, abjuration, level 5
Range: touch
Target: 1 creature
Duration: 1 round per level
Saving throw: will negates

The touched creature loses the ability to cast spontaneous arcane spells, like a sorcerer or bard would.

TheLogman
2007-11-11, 09:17 PM
Been looking around on the forums I see, these pretty much embody the important goings on of the Gaming Forum.

Anyway, I am a little wary of giving Fighter potentially all high saves, but maybe that's what we require. The Monk feats look solid, and will hopefully make him a little better. The Planar one is a little unneeded I think, but it could be helpful, but as for that last one, Desorcify? Why would anyone take that? I can't really see any reason to do that, other than if you cast Dominate on the person before doing it to make them automatically accept it, but otherwise, why not either bump up the level (A LOT), and give it a save of lowish caliber?

Kurald Galain
2007-11-12, 08:59 AM
Ok. I dropped the "can take this feat twice" part of Battle Hardened.

Desorcify is mostly for plot reasons and not really for players. I've reworded it.

Plus, added two more. Thanks!