PDA

View Full Version : So, Eberron.

AslanCross
2007-11-11, 08:49 PM
I'm going to have a short-term campaign over the Christmas break. My players (some of whom are my students; all are members of our school's creative writing club) are not total newbies (some of them have played 17 sessions with me), so I thought they might want to take on something less typical. So I told them we'd be using Eberron.

Now I'm not exactly sure how to start the campaign. Since we'll probably only meet for a week (but may have extended sessions during the day), I'm having trouble of thinking of something that isn't too long.

Party:
-Tiefling Duskblade
-Tiefling Psion
-Dwarf Crusader
-Warforged Scout Rogue (As in the small warforged, not a warforged with scout and rogue levels)
-?? Ranger. Probably human or shifter.
-?? Dragon Shaman. Probably Talenta halfling.

ECL: 8

The group will probably be based in Sharn. Highly likely that all of them will be neutral, so I was aiming for something quick, punchy, and maybe morally ambiguous.

Any ideas?

kpenguin
2007-11-11, 08:51 PM
Start in Sharn. All roads in Khovaire lead to Sharn.

How are the tieflings going to work out? They're much more uncommon in Eberron than in other settings.

String
2007-11-11, 08:52 PM
If you want to drop the cash, you can pick up "Voyage of the Golden Dragon". It is a 7th level adventure, and a good ride.

Or, I would suggest throwing them into Xendrik if you want something non-complex. Wilderness crawl, find a temple, take it's treasure, go back.
Short, concise, to the point.

EDIT: 7th level adventure. Invisible Text?

CASTLEMIKE
2007-11-11, 08:59 PM
Check out the free Hell's Heart adventure at Wizard's:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/duad/20071031

AslanCross
2007-11-11, 09:00 PM
Start in Sharn. All roads in Khovaire lead to Sharn.

How are the tieflings going to work out? They're much more uncommon in Eberron than in other settings.

Noted, I was thinking about that as well. Maybe they'll end up as kalashtar instead.

String> Ah, I saw that for sale somewhere. I'll check it out.

String
2007-11-11, 09:05 PM
And, Stupid me, I got the Level wrong. It's a 7th level adventure. My fault.

CASTLEMIKE
2007-11-11, 09:08 PM
Noted, I was thinking about that as well. Maybe they'll end up as kalashtar instead.

Once or twice I've seen Tiefling PCs (usually orphans or foundlings) described as believing they are "half elves" at Wizard's in fluff toning down aspects to pointed ears.

AslanCross
2007-11-11, 09:23 PM
Once or twice I've seen Tiefling PCs (usually orphans or foundlings) described as believing they are "half elves" at Wizard's in fluff toning down aspects to pointed ears.

Ok, I'll discuss that with them. Kalashtar kinda fits the "planetouched" description although they've been reproducing for centuries already. Anyway, thanks for the suggestions.

UserClone
2007-11-11, 09:32 PM
If these are students of yours, be careful how much "moral ambiguity" you decide to throw in there, unless they are all adults. Parents can often freak the ____ out. Not that I am making any assumptions about you, but, y'know, just looking out for a fellow post-er in the Playground.

illathid
2007-11-11, 09:51 PM
Ok, I'll discuss that with them. Kalashtar kinda fits the "planetouched" description although they've been reproducing for centuries already. Anyway, thanks for the suggestions.

With addition of tieflings to the core races for 4e, there's been some talk about how to integrate them into Eberron on the WotC boards.

I believe Keith Baker said he thought tieflings should be children that were born in the manifest zones of various planes or when the planes were coterminous. I thought that was cool.

AslanCross
2007-11-12, 12:23 AM
If these are students of yours, be careful how much "moral ambiguity" you decide to throw in there, unless they are all adults. Parents can often freak the ____ out. Not that I am making any assumptions about you, but, y'know, just looking out for a fellow post-er in the Playground.

Thanks. To be honest I'm not really a fan of it either. Though for the most part this might simply have to do with corrupt churches or sinister bosses. It won't be something R-18, definitely. (It'll definitely have a lot more gray areas than the main campaign we're running, which is Faerun-based: Cormyr vs. Zhentarim. That's pretty black-and-white.)

Illathid> Thanks, I'll throw that back at them, though they agreed to Kalashtar already.