PDA

View Full Version : Definitive Dynamic Spell List Spreadsheet Collection

Hachristo
2021-05-10, 10:27 PM
All core classes are complete! Maybe someday I'll do non core classes, but the amount of material is honestly overwhelming. This is enough for me for now.

In case you're not familiar, this project aims to make spellcasting easier for the average player. There are so many spells in the game, and oftentimes many calculations need to be done before the caster can let loose their spell in combat, which slows down the game at the expense of other players. With these spreadsheets, everything based on caster level (which is the variable in practically every spell needing calculation), is calculated for you with functions. Just enter your level and everything's done! For the longer descriptions, I've provided links to the hypertext.

If you are playing any of these classes, this resource is for you!

Bard
Cleric
Druid
Paladin
Ranger
Sorcerer
Wizard

A few instructions:

Cleric Domains:
Domains are on a separate spreadsheet; I recommend you copy your chosen domain to the cleric spells sheet by right clicking on the (insert domain name here) sub sheet you want and selecting copy to existing spreadsheet (cleric spells). Then copy the data from the (insert domain name here) sub sheet now present on your copy of cleric spells to the Domains sub sheet in your copy of cleric spells. Make sure the domain name goes into where it says "Domain 1" or "Domain 2"; certain domains give caster level bonuses to specific spells, so if you put the domain name in the correct spot those spells will autocorrect to the adjusted caster level.

You can just copy the data over separate spreadsheets, but formatting is not preserved and you'll have to reset it manually. Let me know if more clarification is needed.

Removing Spell:
Some classes don't know every spell on the spell list; Bard and Sorcerer only know a set number of spells, and Wizards will most likely not know every spell on their massive spell list. That's fine, just delete the rows of spells you don't have. You can always return to the master spreadsheet to copy data from it when you know more spells. Again, use the method for copying explained in Cleric Domains, otherwise formatting won't be preserved :eek:

Prepared Spells:
For casters who prepare spells, you can enter in the prepared column the number of times you'd like to prepare any specific spell. The spell name cell should turn green and your total spells prepared number (top right) will go up accordingly. You can manually enter in your max number of spells per day in place of the x, but it won't stop you from preparing more spells than the number entered. All it does is indicate how many spells you've prepared, and if enter a value in for the x, whether or not you can prepare any more.

Conclusion:
This is the culmination of many hours of work, so I want to make sure I got it right! Please let me know what you think, and what I should change for the better.

Folder Link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1CIUFTdXMyrJQCVDpoXnSObw_XR78qYGB?usp=sharing

Hachristo
2021-05-10, 10:47 PM
And yes, many of the spell names include their inventors, such as Leomund's Tiny Hut and Otto's Irresistible Dance. I prefer them this way, so if you don't like it feel free to change it on your own copy.