PDA

View Full Version : Ihs the human condition

noob
2021-05-11, 11:30 AM
I wonder what would happen if an human warblade used Iron heart surge to get rid of the human condition. (assume it works for the purpose of this thread because if you assume it does not work the answer is already known and it is "nothing happens")

tiercel
2021-05-11, 12:02 PM
I suppose that an attempt like this, in a world where IHS theoretically would run by “RAW” (if there even is such a thing on this issue), might be used as a backstory actually justifying why IHS cannot/can no longer do this.

“I IHS away the human, er, demihuman, er, humanoid, er, sapient condition!”
all reality rewrites itself in a bizarre attempt to satisfy the ill-conceived über-wish just made, plunging the IHS-user into a bewildering, terrifying, and ironic nightmare maelstrom of twisted reality
”I....I.... oh gods! What have I done?! I... I IHS away the lack of the human, er, um, sapient condition, a-and furthermore, I IHS away the ability of IHS anywhere to do something so broad e-ever again!!!”
Rod Serling appears, narrating something like, “Today a young warblade finds out that without the human condition, there is no humanity in humans, on his brief but impactful trip into... the Twilight Zone.”

:amused:

Of course, the simpler consequence of just “I IHS away the human condition” is that humans are deleted from the campaign setting and other beings carry on without them. The main problem with this approach is that if a human is ill-advised enough to do something that actually works so catastrophically, so eventually would have an elf, dwarf, hobgoblin, dragon, etc etc and the real question is why any sapient beings capable of taking Warblade levels or Martial Study feats still exist...

...or, y’know, why the Powers That Be in that campaign world allowed such an ability to exist in such a form in this first place.

MaxiDuRaritry
2021-05-11, 12:02 PM
I wonder what would happen if an human warblade used Iron heart surge to get rid of the human condition. (assume it works for the purpose of this thread because if you assume it does not work the answer is already known and it is "nothing happens")Humanity goes extinct, whether through death or turning humans into non-humans?

Dimers
2021-05-11, 01:29 PM
The human condition is "a miserable little pile of secrets". The warblade immediately grows to at least Medium size category, gains a permanent morale bonus to all actions, and starts gleefully spouting personal information.

Telonius
2021-05-11, 03:03 PM
"And that, children, is how the first Sharakim came to be."

Or, roll randomly, as per Reincarnate.

Khatoblepas
2021-05-11, 05:03 PM
You lose the human subtype, forever locking yourself out of the Chameleon prestige class and making the Red Wizards of Thay feel very uncomfortable around you.

MaxiDuRaritry
2021-05-11, 07:03 PM
You become an elan and lose all of your XP and class levels?

Particle_Man
2021-05-11, 07:06 PM
Isn't this how trolls, orcs and the like appeared in Shadowrun? :smallbiggrin:

Saintheart
2021-05-12, 01:27 AM
[Insert Mildly Amusing Philosophical Joke Here]

Troacctid
2021-05-12, 12:39 PM
Q: Why did the warblade use Iron Heart Surge before waving a white flag?
A: He wanted to surrender unconditionally.

Q: What do you call it when a warblade requires a coronary artery bypass due to acute hemochromatosis?
A: Iron Heart Surgery

Q: How do warblades avoid bad breath?
A: White Raven Tic-Tacs.

Q: Why did Bill Cipher take a level of warblade?
A: Punishing Stans.

Maat Mons
2021-05-12, 01:34 PM
"I❤'s the Human Condition?" But if you really do ❤ the human condition, why are you trying to get rid of it?

MaxiDuRaritry
2021-05-12, 02:11 PM
A cheap and easy way to become dragonborn, maybe?

Raven777
2021-05-13, 06:27 PM
I wonder what would happen if an human warblade used Iron heart surge to get rid of the human condition. (assume it works for the purpose of this thread because if you assume it does not work the answer is already known and it is "nothing happens")

Considering there's already a SCP thread a few threads down, I'm gonna go with something like 5000 (http://www.scpwiki.com/scp-5000) going down.

OracleofWuffing
2021-05-13, 06:56 PM
Well, the world would get very boring until someone Iron Heart Surged the lack of the human condition.