PDA

View Full Version : MoMF Kensai

Benejeseret
2007-11-11, 09:22 PM
Question:

1. If a lawful Master of Many Forms took a few levels in Kensai, how would you deal with natural weapon signature weapons?

2. It says that natural weapons take not time nor XP to regain the signature weapon enhancement if lost (best guess as to what rules apply during a form shift??), so it seems that if the MoMF enhanced his fists, and then turned into a bear...the claws have the enhancement. Correct?

3. However, if the MoMF only enhanced his 2 hands (120% XP) and turned into a thri-keen or some such with four....only 2 of the 4 would remain enhanced. Correct?

4. If 2 is not correct due to unarmed attacks and claws being considered 2 totally unrelated weapons, could a shifted MoMF/Kensai stay in a bear form, enhance the claws, and have the effect on all 'claws' of all forms?

Thanks

UserClone
2007-11-11, 09:27 PM
1. I would only allow a signature weapon to be something you can wiel in your normal, unmodified form, barring a homebrewed feat specifically for this.
2. No.
3. No. None of them would, unless you mean he chose unarmed strike as his signature weapon, and you intend to do unarmed strikes, and not claws. See #1.
4. Probably you could get a DM to do this; I'd do it, but only if you took a homebrewed feat, see #1.

Fizban
2007-11-11, 11:16 PM
I'd say let him set up whatever natural weapons he wants, but they only apply in forms with those weapons. So you could have say, two fists, two claws, and a bite, for 150% normal xp cost. He can always make an unarmed strike, so he will always have two enhanced unarmed strikes if the creature has two limbs to hit with. Then, if he shifts to a form with claws, the first two of them are enhanced. If the form has a bite it is enhanced, but again, only the first bite. If the creature has 4 arms, two of which have claws, and a bite, then he can use all of his enhancements.