PDA

View Full Version : My first Dhampir PC! Thought I'd share.

Snig
2021-05-12, 08:33 AM
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/833700657428693013/840360620330713088/token_2.png

CHARACTER NAME: Alice De LaFontaine
RACE: Dhampir
CLASS: Bard (College of Glamour)

HEIGHT: 5' 8"
WEIGHT: 120 lb.

EYES: Blue
SKIN: Fair
HAIR: Elfin Gold

ALIGNMENT: Neutral
DEITY: Sune

PERSONALITY TRAITS

I take care to always look my best and don't enjoy getting my hands dirty.

No one could doubt by looking upon my regal bearing that I am a cut above the unwashed masses.

IDEALS
Independence. I hate the people who made me what I am. I must forge my own path as I attempt to navigate this life.

BONDS
I owe my life to the one who helped me escape a horrible fate. As long as they are by my side, I know I'll be safe.

FLAWS

I often struggle to suppress my urges and insatiable thirst for blood.

I judge others harshly based on their appearance and hygiene.

BACKSTORY

Alice was raised among the enchanted courtyards and marbled halls of Bloodhope, nestled along the northwestern border of the lurkwood. Home to an isolated faction of Eladrin, who centuries ago were banished from the feywild after a failed coup against the Fey Court.

Since that time, the Eladrin Nobles of Bloodhope, led by Dutchess Meriele, Keeper of the East Wind, struck a dark bargain with an unknown entity in a desperate attempt to regain their immortality which was lost to them after the exile, and in turn vampirism was both their reward and their curse.

To feed their new found thirst, Dutchess Meriele arranged frequent incursions into the nearby towns and cities, to secure a fresh supply of blood. 12 years ago Alice was brought to Bloodhope after one such venture; then just a child of seven years old.

It didn't take long for the Nobles to realize that there was something special about Alice. In particular, her blood granted them a sense of euphoria unlike any they had experienced before. Additionally they found after feeding on her, the typical disadvantages associated with their curse briefly subsided, and for the first time in over a century Meriele and her Nobles walked freely through the gardens of Bloodhope during the daytime, feeling the gentle caress of the sun on their skin.

Not only did Alice's blood rejuvenate them for a time, but the Nobles noted too that Alice herself reacted differently to being turned. Typically after being fed upon the victims would begin a transformation into a depraved and blood hungry creature of the night, but not Alice. Aside from her growing desire for blood and the ecstasy it brought her, Alice retained her innocence and humanity, and suffered none of the other ill effects associated with the curse.

Fascinated with their new pet, and desperate to unlock the secrets of her blood, Dutchess Meriele and the other Nobles decide to keep Alice alive, raising her as one of their own among the Court, spoiling her with lavish gifts, the finest clothes and fresh, willing donors whenever her urges and her thirst was roused. In return she was expected to offer her own body up for feeding whenever they do desired, something that Alice had grown accustomed to.

It wasn't until a fateful happening, two moons ago that Alice discovered the truth of her situation. She had begun asking questions regarding a section of the enclave that was off limits to her, all of which were dismissed. When her insistent prying was continually rebuffed, Alice took matters into her own hands. Using her innate charm and allure, she managed to glamor the Alchemist Zorcard into granting her access into the research laboratory. What she found there shook her to her core.

The walls of the apothecary were bathed in a glowing red hue, emanating from some alchemical concoction which appeared to be distilling blood at a large table in the center of the room. Off to the side of the table was an ornate tome, filled with strange diagrams and formulas, written in an unfamiliar and sinister looking text.

Flipping through the tome, Alice stopped on a page which appeared to depict some form of ritual sacrifice involving a young woman. Her heart began to race as she traced her finger down the page, trying to make sense of the strange text. Frantically she began shuffling through the mess of notes that lay strewn across the table, and this time she recognized her name on one of the entries.

Scanning quickly over the notes it appeared to Alice as though she were being groomed for some sort of sacrifice, but before she could make sense of what she was reading, Zorcard burst through the door, obviously no longer under the effects of her charm, and charging towards her screaming "you shouldn't be in here!"

Startled, Alice clutched the tome to her chest, and retreated backwards towards a large iron banded door on the far side of the room, but found it locked. Desperate to escape after what she had just read Alice fumbled anxiously with the key ring which had hung beside the door. She jammed the key into the hole but just as she turned it and heard a click, The Alchemist was on her, pinning her up against the wall; a slender knife to her throat.

A wicked grin spread across his triumphant looking face, and as he opened his mouth to say something the iron banded door burst open, as two gaunt looking eladrin, with monstrous sharp fangs and crazed eyes came screeching through. They pounced on Zorcard, knocking Alice to the ground as they began tearing at his throat. Just then a third creature, walking more cautiously through the door, began sniffing at the air and then locked it's blood red eyes on Alice; still on the ground and frozen in fear.

The bloodthirsty creature lept on top of Alice tearing at her dress and pinning her arms to the ground, sniffing at her neck and inhaling her scent deeply. Just as it was about to sink its fangs into her exposed neck, Alice heard the creature shriek in agony as spray of blood drenched her face and chest. She opened her eyes, and through a veil of crimson she saw a familiar face looking down upon her.

It was her friend Evin, who had sometimes kept Alice company, and more than once it was he who arrived at her door when it was time for her to feed. He had always been kind to her, and now here he was with his dagger lodged into this monster's eye, as it twitched and shuddered atop her. Helping her up off the ground, the two of them backed away slowly as the other two creatures were busy draining the Alchemist of the last of his blood.

The next few hours were a blur to Alice. She was draped in a large hooded cloak and whisked away under the sure-footed direction of her friend Evin. She kept her face hidden and spoke not a word as they navigated their way out the main gates and away from Bloodhope.

It wasn't until they were miles away making their way through an old game trail in the thick of the lurkwood, heading south, and making sure to avoid the main road that Alice realized that she was still clutching the tome from the apothecary.

Over the next few days, the two of them traveled quickly and lightly, aware that the Dutchess Meriele would have sent her agents to find them. Evin explained to Alice that he was taking her to Waterdeep. He told her that she had family there who he hoped would take her in, but divulged little else on the matter or how he came upon this information……….

Five days after their escape, Alice sits at the vanity in her second story room of the Sapphire House; one of Waterdeep's finest establishments. Closing the tome she took from Bloodhope, she turns to gaze out her window, as the sun sets low in the sky casting long shadows across the courtyards and cobblestone streets of the Castle Ward. Her thoughts drift back to the beginning, to the vague image of a woman, her smiling face looking down on her. She possessed the same unruly golden red locks that Alice had, but when she tried to focus on her features the image vanished back to the edge of seeing. Was this the mother she had often wondered about, or merely a figment of her imagination? That was a question Alice ment to get to the bottom of….