PDA

View Full Version : The Scrying Eye in 698

JonahFalcon
2021-05-13, 08:31 PM
So, Rich, you're positive that was Zz'dtri and not Serini, and you didn't say Zz'dtri to throw us off the path? I mean... green... and Serini did say she was watching everyone visit the Gates.

facw
2021-05-13, 08:46 PM
I think he's quite positive. Among other things, it explains how Nale knew the order was in the desert.

Kerching
2021-05-13, 08:52 PM
There's really no reason for it to be from Serini rather than Zz'dtri. It set up for Zz'dtri's return, while it doesn't tell us anything new about Serini.

Squire Doodad
2021-05-13, 09:36 PM
So, Rich, you're positive that was Zz'dtri and not Serini, and you didn't say Zz'dtri to throw us off the path? I mean... green... and Serini did say she was watching everyone visit the Gates.

I second what everyone else is saying; there's no reason for it to be Serini, and it being Zz'dtri suits the narrative tremendously well.

The Giant isn't one to lie about things almost explicitly in the text in hopes of "throwing people off", anyways. Especially when doesn't serve any particular purpose for the story, dramatic or otherwise.

Yanisa
2021-05-13, 11:17 PM
If you buy the book, Blood runs in the family, you can see Zz'dtri casting the green eye in the pyramid, bonus comic #855a. And the imp even gives the advice to scry on the cat, just like what happened in the desert.

The Giant made it really, really clear it was Zz'dtri, at least for paying readers.

Qwerty Shrdlu
2021-05-14, 11:44 AM
So... would the eye be a major character with only one appearance?

Kerching
2021-05-14, 11:55 AM

Obviously, the new ally will be Redcloak's niece, riding the green dragon girl from the next woods over, using the eye to scry on the Order, planeshifted to Xykon's secret astral fortress by Randy, with a resurrected Fruit Pie the Sorcerer as comic relief.

Squire Doodad
2021-05-14, 12:10 PM

The eye is a manifestation of Zz'dtri's spell.

Draconi Redfir
2021-05-14, 12:18 PM
Obviously, the new ally will be Redcloak's niece, riding the green dragon girl from the next woods over, using the eye to scry on the Order, planeshifted to Xykon's secret astral fortress by Randy, with a resurrected Fruit Pie the Sorcerer as comic relief.

And also That Guy With A Halberd is there.

Fyraltari
2021-05-14, 12:20 PM
And also That Guy With A Halberd is there.

Are the lot of them one of the nine sides?

Precure
2021-05-14, 12:30 PM
Plot twist: Zz'dtri was, since the very beginning, Serini in disguise. And she only pretended to be killed by the undead Durkon, an act she was quite experienced with thanks to what happened with Xykon.

Fyraltari
2021-05-14, 12:42 PM
Plot twist: Zz'dtri was, since the very beginning, Serini in disguise. And she only pretended to be killed by the undead Durkon, an act she was quite experienced with thanks to what happened with Xykon.

I mean, the Linear Guild never endangered a Gate.

Mike Havran
2021-05-14, 01:17 PM
Hold on ... are we sure it was not Miko? :smallconfused:

Kerching
2021-05-14, 03:36 PM
Hold on ... are we sure it was not Miko? :smallconfused:

please gods no not miko no no no

EDIT: Plus bringing back Miko would completely undercut her character arc, and that Rich said that it would not happen.

arimareiji
2021-05-14, 04:15 PM
Now waiting for the spinoff comic, Scrying Eye for the Drow Guy.

Mariele
2021-05-14, 08:29 PM

This is a flawless theory and I will take this bet.

Brumagris
2021-05-16, 02:06 AM

Now that you mention it... Nobody has seen them together

Wizard_Lizard
2021-05-16, 08:07 PM

I bet 500 Quatloos on this! Shush it's not monopoly quatloos, you're monopoly Quatloos!!

ti'esar
2021-05-18, 08:10 AM
Who was the forum poster who had the giant "THE SCRYING EYE IN COMIC 698 WAS ZZ'DTRI" signature, again? I've forgotten.

Precure
2021-05-18, 11:48 AM
Who was the forum poster who had the giant "THE SCRYING EYE IN COMIC 698 WAS ZZ'DTRI" signature, again? I've forgotten.

Gift Jeraff.