PDA

View Full Version : 'Good' way to do a stalker

Aleolus
2021-05-14, 03:27 PM
So, I decided that I'm going to have one of, if not the first, quest I give my party in an upcoming campaign is going to be a fairly short one. One of the employees at a local brothel, a young elf woman, has recently acquired a stalker. He is a lower member of the aristocracy (roughly equivalent to upper-middle class by today's standards), with a significant issue with obsession. I'm kind of modelling him off of Dandy Mott from American Horror Story Freak show, but before he actually crossed the line and started legitimately hurting people. He has the potential to go that route, and will if the party doesn't intervene, but he can be redeemed if they are clever and quick about it.

What I am needing are some examples of gifts/poetry he might have sent her. Things that are dark and twisted, but still romantic in a sick kind of way, because he does genuinely care for her, he is just messed up in the head.

gijoemike
2021-05-14, 03:47 PM
A bouquet of flowers tied together with his hair instead of a ribbon.

A necklace with a clear broach has has few drops of his blood and perhaps her blood too.

A beautifully crafted doll that has strands of her hair he has somehow managed to collect over time.

Poetry about them growing old and dying. ( He views it as loving and being devoted to each other for life, while everyone else views it as why do you want to be buried together, what is the obsession with sickness and death, or even a thinly veiled death threat.

A letter explaining but still being vague about all the things they do to each other in his dreams.

Any of those are fairly creepy.

Aleolus
2021-05-14, 04:17 PM
Hmm. Good suggestions, but I'm looking for something that would instill a little more fear in your average person. You are correct, those are absolutely creepy, but the reason it gets brought to the parties attention is that it is now reaching a point where she is legitimately scared of what he might do next, and those are unsettling, and definitely a good basis to break off a relationship with said person, but I don't know if they are quite 'fear inducing'

Crazysaneman
2021-05-15, 03:44 AM
A pair of dead songbirds gently laid upon her pillow beak to beak, with a ballad he had commissioned for her telling tales of their forbidden love signed in his blood between the beaks. Remove the heart of the male bird and place them while she's sleeping in the bed, in a nest made of her hair.

This is 2spooky4me because
1. To place the birds he'd probably have to commit a crime, especially if he places them while she's sleeping.
2. Dead birds on your pillow are freaky as hell
3. Creepy love song
4. Blood is WAY different in color and composition than ink. Also, significantly harder to write with so it would look jagged as funk.
5. Heartless male bird representing what her not returning his love is/will do... nuff said
6. The IMPLICATION that he either hired someone stealthy enough to do this, or did it himself, is alarming. It says "you can't stop my love."

Telonius
2021-05-15, 12:45 PM
Poetry with references to places she's recently been.
Description of her wearing clothes she was wearing.
Artwork depicting her in her room - with frighteningly accurate details.

In all of the above, a particular sort of flower is present in the scenes.

The flowers start showing up in places where she expects to have privacy.

When he takes it to the next level: someone who had catcalled her has their body found, gruesomely murdered. The flower is placed in the victim's lapel.

Mahar
2021-05-15, 12:49 PM
Crazysaneman WTF I would **** myself if I found that on my pillow where the hell did you pull this from? Or are you speaking from experience

Crazysaneman
2021-05-15, 07:44 PM
Crazysaneman WTF I would **** myself if I found that on my pillow where the hell did you pull this from? Or are you speaking from experience

I write fantasy/horror/survival novels and write D&D horror campaigns in my spare time and I like my villains to be... disturbing to the normal folk. I have a creative imagination for building psychopaths :smallbiggrin:

Segev
2021-05-17, 01:27 AM
He has started threatening her other clients.

When that gets him in understandable trouble, he resorts to more "mafia-style" threats that use his connections and money to apply pressure. Maybe he got beaten up once for it, so now he stalks her other clients more circumspectly and starts engaging in blackmail, or even just releasing blackmail material to ruin them and make them unable to see her.

Aleolus
2021-05-19, 07:27 PM
Crazysaneman, that is amazing! I also was given a suggestion of having the gift be of an actual heart from something (not something he killed persay, but like he dug up a child, took out their heart, reburied them, and gave it to her to show unconditional love the way a child does), but I think that works better! I was even planning on giving him a couple Rogue levels to begin with (probably 1 or 2, with 2 levels of Aristocrat).