PDA

View Full Version : Tiamat, Bahumet, Drizzt, Xanathar, Vorpal Sword, Halflings Confirmed for AFR MtG set

Gyor
2021-05-14, 06:54 PM
Tiamat, Bahumet, Drizzt, Xanathar, Vorpal Sword, Halflings Confirmed for D&D AFR MtG set. Also so is Portable Hole, 4 high end AFR Commander Decks with 17 new cards each.

Why does this matter? Because when I said the Dragon themed UAs were for a Faerun Campaign Book and that it would tie into the upcoming MtG FR set which would have a major Dragon theme, its starting to look like I was right.

When you cast Tiamat, you get to put any 5 Dragon cards from your Library into your hand. Bahumut and his shapeshifting Gold Dragon in Canary form friends are on Set Booster Packs Packaging, and the Dragons in the set are all getting Alt Art.

People thought I was mad, MAD, for suggesting that a FR Campaign Book was coming, mawhahahaha.

OldTrees1
2021-05-14, 11:16 PM
Wait, where is the evidence for Bahumet, Drizzt and Xanathar?
I know there is a Tiamat. I know there is a beholder (but we don't know if it is a specific or generic beholder).

Also, was there really doubt about 5E printing more FR material? I thought we all knew WotC had decided on "FR + other settings" rather than an even spread.

Tanarii
2021-05-15, 11:46 AM
I assume the Drizzt card breaks all the rules and has a quote about Marty Sue's?

rlc
2021-05-18, 04:56 AM
A few people said that they hoped there wasn’t going to be another forgotten realms book, but tons of people said that there’s more to the rea a than just faerun.
But, like, there are also other settings with dragons.

Warder
2021-05-18, 05:04 AM
A few people said that they hoped there wasn’t going to be another forgotten realms book, but tons of people said that there’s more to the rea a than just faerun.
But, like, there are also other settings with dragons.

We've only seen a tiny part of Faerûn anyway! But I won't hold out hope for another FR book because I've come to terms with 5e being the edition that never gives me what I want :smallannoyed:

rlc
2021-05-18, 05:10 AM
We've only seen a tiny part of Faerûn anyway! But I won't hold out hope for another FR book because I've come to terms with 5e being the edition that never gives me what I want :smallannoyed:

You’re just not listening when they tell you what you want.

Gyor
2021-05-18, 06:52 AM
Wait, where is the evidence for Bahumet, Drizzt and Xanathar?
I know there is a Tiamat. I know there is a beholder (but we don't know if it is a specific or generic beholder).

Also, was there really doubt about 5E printing more FR material? I thought we all knew WotC had decided on "FR + other settings" rather than an even spread.

Drizzt is on the Packaging for Booster Packs and Bundles. Xanathar and his fish are on the Set Booster Box display, and Bahumat is on one of the packaging for set boosters. You can see this on Amazon.com (but not .ca)

Gyor
2021-05-22, 07:36 AM
Drizzt's card has been revealed, its a Legendary Creature with Elf Ranger 3/3 double strike, creates a legendary cat token with 4/1 and trample. When other creatures died if they had more power then Drizzt add the power difference in 1/1 counters to Drizzt.

Lolth is a monoblack planeswalker who gets a loyalty counter whenever one of your creatures dies. She creatures two 2/1 spiders with menance and reach for -3 loyalty, 0 to draw a card and lost 1 life. Her ultimate is -8 and player damage taken in a given turn is a minimum of 8.

Bruenor Battlehammer is a Uncommon red white Dwarf Warrior. I think this is evidence we are getting a dual colour cycle of legendary creatures like Kaldheim got. I most Drizzt characters will be apart of this cycle, except for Drizzt who is a rare, although q few other characters like Mirt and Volo could be part of it too.

Unoriginal
2021-05-22, 07:48 AM
Drizzt's card has been revealed, its a Legendary Creature with Elf Ranger 3/3 double strike, creates a legendary cat token with 4/1 and trample. When other creatures died if they had more power then Drizzt add the power difference in 1/1 counters to Drizzt.

Lolth is a monoblack planeswalker who gets a loyalty counter whenever one of your creatures dies. She creatures two 2/1 spiders with menance and reach for -3 loyalty, 0 to draw a card and lost 1 life. Her ultimate is -8 and player damage taken in a given turn is a minimum of 8.

Bruenor Battlehammer is a Uncommon red white Dwarf Warrior. I think this is evidence we are getting a dual colour cycle of legendary creatures like Kaldheim got. I most Drizzt characters will be apart of this cycle, except for Drizzt who is a rare, although q few other characters like Mirt and Volo could be part of it too.

Driz'zt's card doesn't have a color?

Warder
2021-05-22, 07:52 AM
Driz'zt's card doesn't have a color?

White/green. 3WG to cast.

I haven't played Magic in many many many years and I'm not going to start again now, but this set is still exciting to me. The art is, as usual with Magic, stunning. It's super cool to see Forgotten Realms staples interpreted by MtG artists.