PDA

View Full Version : Need something good to fit the party.

Kizara
2007-11-12, 12:23 AM
So.... I'm going to be making a new character in the gaming group I'm currently involved in. I am looking for build advice and character ideas that will fit well with the group and also fit the kind of character I'd like to play.

Here's the parameters:

1) Group is Evil. Character must be at least non-good.

2) 97 points, straight point-buy. So 18=18. I know that's alot.

3) Party has:
-a half-orc bar 1/bard 5
-a Draconion human crusader (ToB)
-a shadowcaster (ToM) who is going for a rogue-esque PrC (master of masks)
-a dread necromancer (heros of horror, I believe)

My previous character was a druid 5/beastmaster 1 with 2 fleshraker animal companions. I am replacing this character cause his RP was incredibly lame and 1-dimensional, he was a royal pain in the arse to keep track of and run in combat, and was so overpowered it wasn't fun anymore.

So, considering the group has alot of auxilary (and largely useless) casters, low melee presence, but good melee output (crusader, barbarian does a decent bit too), I need to make a character that 1) has a decent melee presence and (optionally) brings some needed divine casting. The obvious choice is cleric, but I was looking for some other choices. I was considering Knight also, and a couple people in the group recomended I try Duskblade.

4) I like playing characters with a good cha, str, and int scores, in that order. I don't need 18s in all 3 by any stretch, but I don't really want sub-14 stats in any.

5) The character is meant to be optimized, but doesn't have to be insane and I don't want him to be really cheesy.

6) I don't believe the group has Complete Champion, and doesn't use online material (or Dragon material), otherwise it's basically most WotC published material.

7) Fun RP-concepts welcome, and female characters encouraged. Been itching to play a female character since I retired Alexandra, my Paladin of Freedom.

8) I am strongly considering Leadership for this character, and received a very postitive response when suggesting it to the group. So, character concepts that involve leadership and some great ideas for the cohort are encouraged.

PnP Fan
2007-11-12, 12:31 AM
The first thing that came to my mind was a fallen paladin. You'd be hardcore in this group of whackos. Plus, you'd probably fall into a leadership position. There are a number of specific routes you could go with this.

1. Paladin fallen to become Blackguard.
2. Paladin fallen to become Blackguard with some levels of Crusader or Warblade for mellee fun.
3. Paladin fallen to become Blackguard with levels of Cleric for Spellcaster goodness (er. .. evilness)

ocato
2007-11-12, 12:35 AM
Evil and/or non-good Clerics can be a lot of fun. I mean, you can effectively make a cleric who can probably shine in spell-slinging and still throw melee around with the face pushers. I personally am minorly intrigued by the Ruby Knight Vindicator from ToB, allowing you to stack divine caster levels and martial maneuvers/stances might be a gas for this type of character. Wee Jas offers some decent domains for the morally ambiguous cleric as well.

I don't know a lot about the shadowcaster, but it seems your party lacks a trapmonkey. If this isn't an issue with how your DM runs games, then don't worry about it.

Soups
2007-11-12, 12:39 AM
A Ronin might fit what kind of character you seem to want to play. You become a fighter(str) and I'm not sure if you retain kai smite(assuming you convert samurai levels) but you can get it as a feat easily enough if you don't mind roleplaying.

And nothing, NOTHING, is more evil than an evil female bard with leadership. You might not be killing the tarresque, but you can recruit a bunch of mindless moron npcs to do crazy stuff for you. Your a bard. Bwahahahahaaaaa. I think mystic theruge pumps your casting with out losing bard music abilities(complete divine?). Bards make other evil characters look lame, except the sorc or wiz that focuses on compulsion and illusion. You are a social demon. You don't really need leadership, so adding it in will be super chocolaty frosting of yum yum.

Kizara
2007-11-12, 12:47 AM
Evil and/or non-good Clerics can be a lot of fun. I mean, you can effectively make a cleric who can probably shine in spell-slinging and still throw melee around with the face pushers. I personally am minorly intrigued by the Ruby Knight Vindicator from ToB, allowing you to stack divine caster levels and martial maneuvers/stances might be a gas for this type of character. Wee Jas offers some decent domains for the morally ambiguous cleric as well.

I don't know a lot about the shadowcaster, but it seems your party lacks a trapmonkey. If this isn't an issue with how your DM runs games, then don't worry about it.

Only thing is the Crusader is already doing that, and I don't want to just clone his character.

And I know how to make Czilla, although I don't mind specific build advice regarding it, as my knowledge can always be expanded.

I'm hoping for other ideas: that I didn't already have. The Ruby Knight would certinally qualify, except that it is taken.

The first thing that came to my mind was a fallen paladin. You'd be hardcore in this group of whackos. Plus, you'd probably fall into a leadership position. There are a number of specific routes you could go with this.

1. Paladin fallen to become Blackguard.
2. Paladin fallen to become Blackguard with some levels of Crusader or Warblade for mellee fun.
3. Paladin fallen to become Blackguard with levels of Cleric for Spellcaster goodness (er. .. evilness)

I was talking about the Leadership feat itself, not a party-leader position (not really practical considering the group).

RP-wise, neat idea, I didn't consider that.
However:

1) Blackguard is inferior to Paladin of Slaughter in every way I care about. I suppose when I said the group didn't use web-material, I should've mentioned I know the DM will allow me to use the alternate-alignment pallys.

2) I don't have really any experience with ToB, so if anyone has a good ToB build that combines PoT/S with Crusader or Warblade (please also reccomend maneuvers), I'm certinally open to it.

3) PoT/S 2/Cleric X is certinally a viable build that I was considering myself, but was wondering if 2 caster levels are wroth smite, detect good and cha-to-saves.

Kizara
2007-11-12, 12:55 AM
A Ronin might fit what kind of character you seem to want to play. You become a fighter(str) and I'm not sure if you retain kai smite(assuming you convert samurai levels) but you can get it as a feat easily enough if you don't mind roleplaying.

And nothing, NOTHING, is more evil than an evil female bard with leadership. You might not be killing the tarresque, but you can recruit a bunch of mindless moron npcs to do crazy stuff for you. Your a bard. Bwahahahahaaaaa. I think mystic theruge pumps your casting with out losing bard music abilities(complete divine?). Bards make other evil characters look lame, except the sorc or wiz that focuses on compulsion and illusion. You are a social demon. You don't really need leadership, so adding it in will be super chocolaty frosting of yum yum.

RE: Ronin

1) Wrong flavour, there's no samurai.
2) Both it and the CW Samurai are terrible classes, I'd much rather play a Knight.

RE: Bard

Funny enough, I've actually REALLY been in the mood to RP a dark bardess, based off some of my favorite metal singers (Tarja, Amy Lee (I KNOW that's not metal)) but the group already has a bard, and (like most people) don't use Diplomancy as-presented in the PHB, cause that's just silly.

I've never considered doing bard-> mystic theruge, but can't you not qualify for that for quite a few levels, and then you progress as basically only 1 casting class anyways, since you don't actually have 2?

Finally, you hardly have to be a bard to be good at using diplomancy.

Thanks for the idea anyways, although would you mind fleshing-out your Mystic Theruge build?

dyslexicfaser
2007-11-12, 01:02 AM
Personally, my favorite "morally ambiguous" cleric is one with divine metamagic Fell Animate (4 turn attempts); Use Deathwatch to gauge the HP of your enemies while doing normal cleric things. Buffing, whacking things, whatever. When an enemy falls to 'near death' or otherwise looks like he's about to kick the bucket, wade in with Fell Animated Inflict spells, finish him off, and he rises as a zombie under your control. Send the zombie back into combat fighting for your side. Rinse. Repeat.

And once you get Mass Inflicts, you can kill and raise an army of weaker cannon fodder in one go, if your DM is fond of throwing hordes at you.

EDIT: One thing to note about this is that since Inflict spells are necromancy-based, any Corpsecrafter feats (or having a Desecrate up, which is cheap and easy with Dragon's Ring of Lesser Desecration) will apply to the new zombie.

Kizara
2007-11-12, 01:13 AM
Personally, my favorite "morally ambiguous" cleric is one with divine metamagic Fell Animate (4 turn attempts); Use Deathwatch to gauge the HP of your enemies while doing normal cleric things. Buffing, whacking things, whatever. When an enemy falls to 'near death' or otherwise looks like he's about to kick the bucket, wade in with Fell Animated Inflict spells, finish him off, and he rises as a zombie under your control. Send the zombie back into combat fighting for your side. Rinse. Repeat.

And once you get Mass Inflicts, you can kill and raise an army of weaker cannon fodder in one go, if your DM is fond of throwing hordes at you.

EDIT: One thing to note about this is that since Inflict spells are necromancy-based, any Corpsecrafter feats (or having a Desecrate up, which is cheap and easy with Dragon's Ring of Lesser Desecration) will apply to the new zombie.

I take it Fell Animate is Libris Mortis?

This is actually a pretty cool build, but it has 2 problems:

1) Really situational, unlikely the DM is going to throw enounters at you that this would be useful too often.

2) The dread necromancer is already basically doing the massing undead thing, although not nearly as effectively as this.

Cool build, I'll keep it in my back pocket for the future. Thanks.

JaxGaret
2007-11-12, 01:20 AM
You could play a Warlock/Ur-Priest/Eldritch Disciple. This combination lets you get pretty creative with your build, and gives you tons of options as a character, both in combat and out of combat.

The other obvious choice is a Favored Soul - Cha based, good in melee, divine casting, it's pretty much what you're looking for.

ocato
2007-11-12, 01:24 AM
The hard part of this will be wiggle room. There just isn't a whole lot, given the party. There's already a bard, a necromancer, and a paladin-esq guy, making a lot of the stuff that seems like a good idea for what Kizara wants to play an exercise in stepping on toes.

I do like the Mystic Theurge idea, though I'd be wary of combining it with Bard. Not that I don't love bards, but I think you could get more bang for your buck by combining Cleric and Duskblade for Mystic Theurge, if you really want to theurge. You get Duskblade abilities (deliver ANY touch spell you know through melee attack--divine or arcane, armored mage up to medium armor, such as mithril full plate if you are so inclined, and full BaB) and then all that clericy goodness we all love. The ability to buff up, melee like a champ, and deliver Harm or Inflict spells through your weapon would make you fairly interesting as a hybrid, however, you also must suffer a d4 HD during your theurge levels, and L2 arcane takes 5 levels through Duskblade to achieve, so you are looking at capping your cleric casting at a small selection of 8th level spells-- which ain't bad at all.

Xuincherguixe
2007-11-12, 01:31 AM
Maybe Psion? Those could be fun in an evil campaign.

"OH GOD! I'M COVERED IN FLESH EATING ANTS, MY SKIN IS TURNING INSIDE OUT, AND I HAVE 5 NEW EYES!"

"Uh, no you don't."

"Oh. Must just be some kind of illusion."

Also, it seems like the group doesn't have a "blaster" type, which it might not need anyways, but they're still helpful. Psions make good blasters.

Superglucose
2007-11-12, 01:36 AM
While this build will get laughed out by the entirety of this forum...

true neutral rogue. "Hi, you need me to open that door? 50 gold please." I did this once, played a character who went along with everything the rest of the party did cause he got paid. By the end of the campaign, even NPCs were coming up to me with job offers. Basically it's for roleplaying, and it's a lot of fun when the paladin comes up to you and says, "I'm here to arrest that man, are you with him?" and you reply, "Not anymore."

dyslexicfaser
2007-11-12, 01:37 AM
I mostly like it because all it takes is 2 feats, and you can save it for an ace in the hole while going about your normal cleric-y buiness, since Inflict and DMM is spontaneous. However, now that you mention it, you would be stepping on the existing necromancer's toes, and that's never a good thing.

I was trying to think of a class that would give you divine casting and some way to tank; lots of zombie cannon fodder does that decently well. I've heard that duskblades are a solid, but not overpowered class, though I've never played one myself. Perhaps you'd enjoy something homebrewed? K's Tome of Necromancy (http://bb.bbboy.net/thegamingden-viewthread?forum=1&thread=661) has plenty of evil-themed (often necromancy-based, but not always) PrCs, and I pimp it every chance I get.

They're all strong classes, and I find they've all got a lot of heart (especially the Heartless Mage; he keeps his in a box under his bed). The first on the list in particular, the Boneblade Reaper, seems the kind of melee you're looking for.

Kizara
2007-11-12, 01:39 AM
You could play a Warlock/Ur-Priest/Eldritch Disciple. This combination lets you get pretty creative with your build, and gives you tons of options as a character, both in combat and out of combat.

The other obvious choice is a Favored Soul - Cha based, good in melee, divine casting, it's pretty much what you're looking for.

There's already enough warlock-like characters.

But favoured soul... now there's a cool idea I haven't done before. Any build recomendations? If only they gave it like a domain instead of stupid resitances abilities and good Ref saves.

The hard part of this will be wiggle room. There just isn't a whole lot, given the party. There's already a bard, a necromancer, and a paladin-esq guy, making a lot of the stuff that seems like a good idea for what Kizara wants to play an exercise in stepping on toes.

I do like the Mystic Theurge idea, though I'd be wary of combining it with Bard. Not that I don't love bards, but I think you could get more bang for your buck by combining Cleric and Duskblade for Mystic Theurge, if you really want to theurge. You get Duskblade abilities (deliver ANY touch spell you know through melee attack--divine or arcane, armored mage up to medium armor, such as mithril full plate if you are so inclined, and full BaB) and then all that clericy goodness we all love. The ability to buff up, melee like a champ, and deliver Harm or Inflict spells through your weapon would make you fairly interesting as a hybrid, however, you also must suffer a d4 HD during your theurge levels, and L2 arcane takes 5 levels through Duskblade to achieve, so you are looking at capping your cleric casting at a small selection of 8th level spells-- which ain't bad at all.

True enough with the first paragraph. :)
As for the second, that's a pretty cool build, but is pretty dang fragile unfortunately. Seriously though, nice build, I'll keep that in mind for next time when a tank isn't needed.

ocato
2007-11-12, 01:45 AM
Well, I was assuming your Crusader was the tanky type. You'll be a little lower on hit points then the rest of the party, yes, but Medium armor (mithril heavy armor) and the ability to heal/buff yourself might do a pretty good job of making up for it.

Kizara
2007-11-12, 01:47 AM
Maybe Psion? Those could be fun in an evil campaign.

"OH GOD! I'M COVERED IN FLESH EATING ANTS, MY SKIN IS TURNING INSIDE OUT, AND I HAVE 5 NEW EYES!"

"Uh, no you don't."

"Oh. Must just be some kind of illusion."

Also, it seems like the group doesn't have a "blaster" type, which it might not need anyways, but they're still helpful. Psions make good blasters.

The group has the psionics books, but unfortunately I'm at a complete loss from lack of knowledge of them, so unless you can give me a really comprehensive build, I'm not considering it.

Pretty funny quote though. :)

I mostly like it because all it takes is 2 feats, and you can save it for an ace in the hole while going about your normal cleric-y buiness, since Inflict and DMM is spontaneous. However, now that I think about it, you are stepping on the existing necromancer's toes, and that's never a good thing.

I was trying to think of a class that would give you divine casting and some way to tank; lots of zombie cannon fodder does that decently well. I've heard that duskblades are a solid, but not overpowered class, though I've never played one myself. Perhaps you'd enjoy something homebrewed? K's Tome of Necromancy has plenty of evil-themed (often necromancy-based, but not always) PrCs, and I pimp it every chance I get.

They're all strong classes, and I find they've all got a lot of heart (especially the Heartless Mage; he keeps his in a box under his bed). The first on the list in particular, the Boneblade Reaper, seems the kind of melee you're looking for.

Don't get me wrong, that build is pretty cool. As for homebrew stuff... I'm a new player in the group, the last thing I'm going to try to do is bring in new wonky-stuff that they aren't familiar with. I wouldn't want someone doing it while I'm DMing, and nor will my friend as I'm playing.

Since what you are reccomending IS conviently right at the top though, I will look at it. :)

Kizara
2007-11-12, 01:48 AM
Well, I was assuming your Crusader was the tanky type. You'll be a little lower on hit points then the rest of the party, yes, but Medium armor (mithril heavy armor) and the ability to heal/buff yourself might do a pretty good job of making up for it.

The crusader practially dies every fight, and my druid with his dinosaurs was often literally the only things keeping him alive by drawing fire and sometimes healing.

I'd Like to thank everyone who gave suggestions. Some of them are quite interesting and I will keep them in mind for another time (the necro and the duskblade theruge specifically).

I have decided that a Favored Soul is something that I would enjoy playing and fits the bill of what I want pretty clearly, however it has a few problems:

1) It's not a cleric. Cleric is just so much BETTER then this class, that it's hard to get around.

2) I really am not sure what to do for things like feat choices or PrC/future options aside from 1 in contemplative at lvl 11. I'm used to building clerics for this archtype, and without domain options I find myself doing alot of head scratching.

So, please help me make a good favored soul, so I don't just go "ehhh, screw it *rolls a cleric*".

Doresain
2007-11-12, 03:11 AM
you could always go artificer

Kizara
2007-11-12, 03:12 AM
you could always go artificer

Non-campaign setting specific classes and options only, please.

Doresain
2007-11-12, 03:15 AM
make a brawling barbarian...instead of hitting things with an axe, mash it into goo with your bare hands...its so much more satisfying to murderize things with your bare hands...

ocato
2007-11-12, 03:26 AM
Crusaders get a bunch of defensive ability, they can heal themselves with melee attacks, and they get two of the most defensive schools... your crusader friend might be a rube :smallsmile: (or, more likely, subject to bad luck and a ruthless DM)

Psionics are neat. You can make a very simple melee'r psychic warrior/war mind using the SRD material. Just build it like a standard warrior style (power attack, etc) and enjoy the ability to buff yourself and do all sorts of crazy hot War Mind abilities. Powers to notice are Expansion (enlarge person, pretty much), a laundry list of armor buffs, Psionic Lion's Charge (grants pounce), and a so-so self heal-- and that's just looking at your first and second level psionic powers, accessable by L3.

The War Mind enjoys abilities like +2 STR/CON for one minute three times per day, +2 AC for one minute three times per day (both of which jump to +4 later), the ability to attack two adjacent targets within his reach any time he makes an attack, (including cleave shots for a threefer and AoOs) and of course, the ability to slap someone for +10d6 once per day. This is on top of Full Base Attack (something Psychic Warrior lacks as a means of balance), and a continuation of Psychic Warrior powers. You can get into War Mind by L4, and I highly suggest doing so to avoid losing a lot of BaB.

Tor the Fallen
2007-11-12, 03:42 AM
Personally, I'd pass on the War Mind and go Illithid Slayer (Slayer on the SRD), since a permanent mindblank is cool, and it gets damn near total manifester advancement AND full BAB. Great Gish Prc.

Psywar can be really cool. A lot of the buffs you manifest are functional debuffs for the poor fool you hit. You can be a sort of psionic vampire who manifests a pair of claws (the more pp you spend, the sharper and gnarlier they are), then siphons strength and life with each hit.

Human psywar, level 5 with improved natural attack, who manifested his claws and an expansion power would have 2 attacks that did 3d6 each. He could also pounce as a swift action. You also get a mage armor type power that you can augment- for a handful of power points, you won't need to buy armor. Combine that with other buffs, and you're meteing out a sizeable chunk of damage. Pick up rapidstrik from Draconomicon for more natural attacks.

Psywars are super cool. They're wis based, not cha, though.

Soups
2007-11-12, 09:45 AM
A quick little thing before i head off to class.

You mention psionics. Be a Thrallherd. You get tons of bad guys, and yo specialise in compulsion. it is sweet. It should be in the SRD. The only thing different about this PrC is that the prerequisits changed from 3.0 to 3.5

Its awesome. you get a boat load of NPCs and eventually get 2 Thralls(High level NPCs)

Grynning
2007-11-12, 10:02 AM
For the Favored Soul - Are you using Core deities, homebrew, or something else? Because Favored Soul's are pretty wrapped up in the deity they worship flavor-wise. Mechanically they're all pretty much the same, and picking spells is probably more important than picking them for a sorcerer...pick the really good ones and make sure to grab heals since you can't spontaneously convert them (not that you could as an evil cleric anyways, but w/e).

I would also heavily recommend Ur-Priest for this group if you're looking for a fun evil-themed divine caster...and since it's a 10 lvl PrC that gets 9th lvl spellcasting you can multi-class to get the melee ability if you want it. At 6th level you won't have much from this class, but it scales up fairly quickly.

kme
2007-11-12, 03:10 PM
You could play a pyromaniac wizard or sorcerer who summons fire elementals and burns things. Despite being a blaster you can optimize to be very strong. You may even consider elemental savant PrC (CArcane i think) as it could be cool for RP reasons.

AKA_Bait
2007-11-12, 03:44 PM
That's an odd party. I think suggestions would be easier and more helpful if you could tell us what role (meatshield, controller, skill monkey, etc) within the party you are hoping to play.

Kenbert
2007-11-12, 04:01 PM
ooh! ooh! Favored soul! be a favored soul, they're pretty much awesome. Not completely overpowered, but you'd be able to use a high CHA score, and they've got a decent melee presence. If you got to 18th level, you could get bat wings.

Okay, so I got kinda ... excited there, but you may want to look into it. I really like the idea of them, and while most of the time I think of them as a good character, It sounds really interesting to see an evil one.

Temp
2007-11-12, 04:11 PM
2 levels Ranger, 2 levels Feat Rogue, the rest Swordsage.

Max your Wisdom, pick up Able Learner, Quick Draw, Zen Archery, Point Blank Shot and Precise Shot. You should have all of these by level 4.

Then grab Adaptive Style at 6th.

It would be hard not to fit into the party as you'd fairly capably fill Trap-guy, Track-guy, Arrow-guy, and Sword-guy roles...

JaxGaret
2007-11-12, 04:45 PM
I have decided that a Favored Soul is something that I would enjoy playing and fits the bill of what I want pretty clearly, however it has a few problems:

I thought it would. Let's get to work!

1) It's not a cleric. Cleric is just so much BETTER then this class, that it's hard to get around.

Yeah, the Cleric is better. But the Favored Soul is still powerful enough - and you have spontaneous casting on your side. Take advantage of that by the usual methods of: vary your spell list (buffs, debuffs, defensive spells, healing, atttack spells, utility, etc.), selecting some good spells to spam if you have extra slots, picking specifically versatile spells - and see if you can get additional spells known via any method available to you.

2) I really am not sure what to do for things like feat choices or PrC/future options aside from 1 in contemplative at lvl 11. I'm used to building clerics for this archtype, and without domain options I find myself doing alot of head scratching.

Like you stated, taking your 11th level in Contemplative will net you a bonus domain. So will taking your 9th level in Divine Disciple.

A good feat choice is Education at 1st level, to gain all Knowledge skills as class skills, including Knowledge (Religion), which helps greatly in gaining access to PrCs. You also get all the Knowledges known as a nice bonus - put at least a rank into as many as you can, it's always nice to know stuff, and you can't roll if you don't have a rank in it.

Taking your 8th level in Sacred Exorcist gives you access to Rebuke Undead, which you can use to fuel all sorts of neat stuff through feats. With your high Cha score, you'll have lots of rebuke attempts to use. EDIT: Forgot that Sacred Exorcist is good-only. See if your DM can waive that requirement, change the class to the Profane Exorcist or Profane Possessor - the same class but alter the Exorcism ability or simply drop it altogether.

After that, you have lots of flexibility in choosing PrCs - the Favored Soul benefits greatly from PrCing out, as its class features really aren't that great. Prestige Classes that add spells known are good.

So, please help me make a good favored soul, so I don't just go "ehhh, screw it *rolls a cleric*".

I hope that I've helped so far! Let me know if you could use any more thoughts :)

dyslexicfaser
2007-11-12, 05:11 PM
I've never played a favored soul myself, but I recall a group member who did practically waxed poetic on the subject of a feat named Augment Healing from... I think it was CDivine.

Kizara
2007-11-12, 05:55 PM
I thought it would. Let's get to work!

Yeah, the Cleric is better. But the Favored Soul is still powerful enough - and you have spontaneous casting on your side. Take advantage of that by the usual methods of: vary your spell list (buffs, debuffs, defensive spells, healing, atttack spells, utility, etc.), selecting some good spells to spam if you have extra slots, picking specifically versatile spells - and see if you can get additional spells known via any method available to you.

Like you stated, taking your 11th level in Contemplative will net you a bonus domain. So will taking your 9th level in Divine Disciple.

A good feat choice is Education at 1st level, to gain all Knowledge skills as class skills, including Knowledge (Religion), which helps greatly in gaining access to PrCs. You also get all the Knowledges known as a nice bonus - put at least a rank into as many as you can, it's always nice to know stuff, and you can't roll if you don't have a rank in it.

Taking your 8th level in Sacred Exorcist gives you access to Rebuke Undead, which you can use to fuel all sorts of neat stuff through feats. With your high Cha score, you'll have lots of rebuke attempts to use. EDIT: Forgot that Sacred Exorcist is good-only. See if your DM can waive that requirement, change the class to the Profane Exorcist or Profane Possessor - the same class but alter the Exorcism ability or simply drop it altogether.

After that, you have lots of flexibility in choosing PrCs - the Favored Soul benefits greatly from PrCing out, as its class features really aren't that great. Prestige Classes that add spells known are good.

I hope that I've helped so far! Let me know if you could use any more thoughts :)

Where's Education? And my DM will houserule to allow me to have Know: religion as class, as it's complete nonsense that the class doesn't already have it. So, knowing that, is the feat wroth bothering with?

Also, where is Divine Disciple?

Thing is, I'm wanting to make it a favored soul of Zarus (human hextor-ish LE god) who has War and strength amoungst his domains. So, considering if I play a cleric I'm going to get:

1) About as much wisdom-dependancy anyways.

2) Weapon focus with my weapon anyways.

3) Elemental Resistance anyways via spells.

4) Better casting progression.

5) Rebuke undead at lvl 1, without PrCing.

6) Not as many spells per day. (only relivant drawback)

7) heavy armor proficiency

8) Bad reflex saves (meh)

So, its REALLY hard to talk myself into playing this class. They really should have gave it more when balancing it against a cleric. Such as more skills (not less), more skills/level, maybe smiting or other paladin-style bonuses.
Edit: OH, and maybe have all their casting off cha, not half of it.

If I do keep going with the character, what PrCs are usable that don't hurt my (already sub-par) casting progression? Evil-aligned Exorcist is going to be a major problem to get approved, cause of the amount of exceptions I will need to enter it. Also, what feats to take? PA: LA chain? 3/4 BAB only, but still might be wroth it.