PDA

View Full Version : If you could choose to have one game remade for the Wii/PS3/360...

Setra
2007-11-12, 12:58 AM
Which would you choose?

A couple notes:

When I say remade, I mean a COMPLETE rehaul on graphics, music, and all that jazz.

Also, when I say Wii/PS3/360, I mean ALL of them, not just one, no Console Wars here please, they're tiring, and annoy the hell out of me.

Anyways, I'd probably choose Chrono Trigger.

I heard they were remaking it but the project got shut down.

Twin2
2007-11-12, 01:49 AM
Advent rising, interesting story (humans being essentially space jesus), but good god did the game's frame rate cause it to lag worse then a 56k modem for online gaming.

Siric
2007-11-12, 02:09 AM
Pong. If this proves to be to difficult, than Final Fantasy Eight. *shrug*

Amotis
2007-11-12, 02:28 AM
Shadowrun from the SNES.

Semidi
2007-11-12, 02:31 AM
The Jedi Knight line of games for the Wii. If they did that, I'd buy my first console since the saga genesis.

kpenguin
2007-11-12, 02:36 AM
There are so many FPS games I'd like to see re-made for Wii. So... many...

However, I'd like most to see Ocarina of Time for Wii.

Narmoth
2007-11-12, 04:53 AM
Not a console game, but a DOS game, but it should really be remade, as the story is good and the combination of strategy and adventuring was really cool:

Bithright !

Tengu
2007-11-12, 05:14 AM
FF6, but only if the characters would still remain chibi style. Failing that, FF7.

banjo1985
2007-11-12, 06:09 AM
Final Fantasy 8 or Azure Dreams, either of them re-made would make me weep with joy!

Ranis
2007-11-12, 06:46 AM
I would like to see remade the only game in existence that has ever had AWESOME humor, puzzles galore, and pirates (minus Portal, of course).....

THE CURSE OF MONKEY ISLAND!!!

Archonic Energy
2007-11-12, 10:13 AM
i wonder how many people are going to se this coming...

i vote for...

Planescape : Torment

on the condition that they don't dumb it down.

RandomLogic
2007-11-12, 10:37 AM
Remake Goldeneye: 007.

How could that not be anything but BA?

Saithis Bladewing
2007-11-12, 11:17 AM
One game? I can't decide...

My mind keeps looking at Chrono Trigger, then it looks over at Final Fantasy 6...back and forth, back and forth...

I CAN'T DECIDE! THEY'RE BOTH SO EPIC AND WIN!

Calamity
2007-11-12, 11:18 AM
Final Fantasy 8 or Azure Dreams, either of them re-made would make me weep with joy!

Second- I mean thirded. Would be nice if they could improve on the battle graphics. (oh I just want to see the GF's in HD, me :smallbiggrin:)

Were-Sandwich
2007-11-12, 11:38 AM
Either Syphon Filter or G-Police. The latter would be awesome on the Wii.

2007-11-12, 05:04 PM
Xenogears, as long as they didn't change the combat controls, and added really awesome voice acting for the whole game.

Stormcrow
2007-11-12, 06:59 PM
Final Fantasy's 6-10 as a Final Fantasy Anthology.
For an affordable price :D
In HD.

TheLogman
2007-11-12, 07:27 PM
Solar Jet Man (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_Jetman:_Hunt_for_the_Golden_Warpship), a rare, insanely difficult, ridiculously fun space shooter. Ya, it rules. Gravity is ever-shifting, and is one of the most important parts of the game.

Amiria
2007-11-12, 07:31 PM
Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders

Blayze
2007-11-12, 07:47 PM
There are so many games running through my mind right now, so many memories wanting to be at the front. However, only one can truly triumph in my desire for a remake. And that game is...

Simon the Sorcerer. But only if Chris Barrie voices Simon again.

Soups
2007-11-12, 08:40 PM
Final Fatasy 7
And because I HATE Forfza...
Rush 2. Screw "realistic" physics. I don't drive a car with 2 thumb sticks. Just make physics manageable. So much awesomeness.
And bring back NBA Hangtime. It was the Blitz of Basketball. So much fun.
And visions of Battle Tanks are dancing in my head. aaaaaaaawesoooome.

SITB
2007-11-12, 08:50 PM
I would like to see remade the only game in existence that has ever had AWESOME humor, puzzles galore, and pirates (minus Portal, of course).....

THE CURSE OF MONKEY ISLAND!!!

Never has words of greater truth spoken in this board.

Chrono Trigger and suprisingly Oni also come to mind.

2007-11-12, 08:55 PM
I would like to see remade the only game in existence that has ever had AWESOME humor, puzzles galore, and pirates (minus Portal, of course)

Portal has no pirates.

Destro_Yersul
2007-11-12, 10:29 PM
KotoR 2. Whatever console they put it on, that game deserves to be finished.

mikeforte123
2007-11-12, 10:35 PM
Chrono trigger, definitely Chrono Trigger

Setra
2007-11-13, 01:19 AM
Xenogears, as long as they didn't change the combat controls, and added really awesome voice acting for the whole game.
And maybe redid the second disc somewhat :smalltongue:

Shikton
2007-11-13, 02:50 AM
Suikoden or Xenogears or Final Fantasy 7. Preferably Xenogears with a European release.

EDIT: And I'd want it to be cross-console so everyone could enjoy it. Ha!

Setra
2007-11-13, 04:11 AM
Suikoden or Xenogears or Final Fantasy 7. Preferably Xenogears with a European release.

EDIT: And I'd want it to be cross-console so everyone could enjoy it. Ha!
Well in the first post I did specify it would be remade for all three.

Shikton
2007-11-13, 04:20 AM
Well in the first post I did specify it would be remade for all three.

Early-ish in the morning for me. Not functioning well enough to remember stuff I just skim through yet I suppose :P

Khanderas
2007-11-13, 04:21 AM
Remake Goldeneye: 007.

How could that not be anything but BA?
So many great suggestions (FF 6, 7), Shadowrun

but the quoted takes my vote.

Edanor
2007-11-13, 04:32 AM
Daggerfall. If they made it's graphics better and updated the gameplay, we would LITERALLY have an area the size of a small country, with oblivionesque detail.

Triaxx
2007-11-13, 06:40 AM
Mega man legends. Slap it on the Wii, use an open nunchuck control style, and boom a tremendously fun game. Of course the design of the levels and stuff would have to be completely new, but an RE4 over the shoulder shooting style would be nice.

Reinboom
2007-11-13, 07:32 AM
Daggerfall. If they made it's graphics better and updated the gameplay, we would LITERALLY have an area the size of a small country, with oblivionesque detail.

Amen! Daggerfall... is just amazing in size. If they kept the game mechanics the same (but fixed obvious small bugs), just updated the views, graphics, and similar. It would be great! Just... needs better 3rd person view support if using oblivion engine.

Aside from this, there are a few games that I would love to see updated..
Seiken Densetsu 3 ("Secret of Mana 2").

Link to the Past. If done right. But it'd probably be screwed up.

Blaster Master. Or Blaster Master 2. But also probably be screwed up...

really... I just want 2D again...just updated 2D.. :smallfrown:

Oh, and the next is PC specific:
Baldur's Gate 2. Or 1. Or planescape: torment... Doesn't matter which. I just want the infinity engine updated. Not 3D. I just want an updated 2D infinity engine dammit! (That supports all triggers available through planescape: torment, BG series, and IWD 2). A lot of money would be made if they updated this engine and just quickly ported these games to it...

MagicPrime
2007-11-13, 09:01 AM
I would be happy with an Earthbound re-make.

PlatinumJester
2007-11-13, 01:50 PM
FF7 - because I never got to play it.

UncleWolf
2007-11-13, 01:53 PM
i wonder how many people are going to se this coming...

i vote for...

Planescape : Torment

on the condition that they don't dumb it down.

WOOOT!!:smallbiggrin:

Setra
2007-11-13, 01:58 PM
FF7 - because I never got to play it.
A lot of people think this will happen, despite the fact Square said no.

Of course, factoring in how much money it would cost to how much it would probably make, I'd think Square should remake it for the PS3 (And 360, extra profit for them).

I mean they already have a script (minor touch-ups needed of course), they probably wouldn't need to find new voice actors, they already have character design completely finished, etc.

Artanis
2007-11-13, 02:04 PM
X-Com. I'd love to see at least a complete collection released for any system, and if that included an updated-graphics-and-such version along with it, all the better.

Ominous
2007-11-13, 02:59 PM
Chrono Trigger or Super Mario Bros. 3. Both were great games.

SofS
2007-11-13, 03:27 PM
Most of the games suggested were already good enough to begin with. Better than remaking something that's already awesome would be to remake something that has a good core idea but didn't quite reach its potential and could really use a second chance.

To that end, I suggest Shadowgate (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadowgate). Who remembers this one from their youth?

valadil
2007-11-13, 03:55 PM
Deus Ex.

The original had all the gameplay and story I could ever want. The only thing lacking was the graphics. I wanna see this game with cell shaders and realistic physics.

Edanor
2007-11-13, 04:40 PM
Well, if you want one that didn't quite make it's full potential, may I suggest Myth? It was a truly awsome game in it's day, but it never quite caught on.

Jasdoif
2007-11-13, 04:48 PM
If it's just for Wii/PS3/360, I don't care because I don't own one of those. :smalltongue:

If you throw PC in there as well...Mail Order Monsters.

Klaz Eidron
2007-11-13, 04:50 PM
Fallout or Fallout 2... with restored cut content (Kids, EPA Base, drugs, tell jokes skill, dancing skill, Fistful of Dollars inspired quest, etc.)

turkishproverb
2007-11-13, 04:53 PM
Mega man legends. Slap it on the Wii, use an open nunchuck control style, and boom a tremendously fun game. Of course the design of the levels and stuff would have to be completely new, but an RE4 over the shoulder shooting style would be nice.

Ohh good choice. I'm adding this to my list

List
Final Fantasy 7: better graphics, controlls, restore the unfinished portions of the game

TIE FIghter: Redo ground up, gameplay, styles. Build in X wing and X wing Vs Tie fighter as well.

MEgaman Legends

Archonic Energy
2007-11-13, 05:07 PM
X-Com. I'd love to see at least a complete collection released for any system, and if that included an updated-graphics-and-such version along with it, all the better.

Seconded...

i want my blaster bombs

adanedhel9
2007-11-13, 05:32 PM
I'll second Seikendensetsu 3 and Earthbound. Hell, if either were simply re-released on a modern console, with no updates, I'd buy'em. (Please, Virtual Console Santa? I've been so good this year...)

Deus Ex is too recent; there's no need to remake it yet. In a few years, sure.

Crispy Dave
2007-11-13, 08:18 PM
Never has words of greater truth spoken in this board.

Chrono Trigger and suprisingly Oni also come to mind.

yes and all of the games the guy made including syconots

Edanor
2007-11-13, 10:00 PM
I'd like to put the kibash on zelda games. Honestly, I think we get it.

As for mega man legends, I like legends 2 better. And you GOTTA love that lazer. Even if it did make even Elysium easy, aside from the maze like quality.