PDA

View Full Version : Best way to sell collector items?

Emmerlaus
2021-05-18, 05:13 PM
I have box of D&D 3.5 books to sell and I dont know where to go for that!

Facebook, Ebay, Amazon... Am I forgetting something?

I think its hard to sell something on Ebay, from what I heard.

What would be the best way for a neophite to sell collector items like those?

I want to sell the whole collection in one go, not just one or two book and have the rest pilling up dust... Call me impatient, I know.

Would something like a resseller or an antique dealer a good option for those?

Peelee
2021-05-18, 07:34 PM
You're probably not going to be able to get a whole lot for them (relative to how much they initially cost). For the whole shebang, any pyruvate sake website will do the trick, or you could always go to the nearest 2nd & Charles or other store the buys and sells used books.

Of course the best way is to just email me with your asking price.

tomandtish
2021-05-19, 12:49 PM
I'd be cautious about used book stores. Half Price Books in my area only offers a buck or two for a 3E/3.5E book.

Tvtyrant
2021-05-19, 01:10 PM
I have box of D&D 3.5 books to sell and I dont know where to go for that!

Facebook, Ebay, Amazon... Am I forgetting something?

I think its hard to sell something on Ebay, from what I heard.

What would be the best way for a neophite to sell collector items like those?

I want to sell the whole collection in one go, not just one or two book and have the rest pilling up dust... Call me impatient, I know.

Would something like a resseller or an antique dealer a good option for those?

Well 3.5 is a largely dead system but had a large printing (unlike early AD&D) so my hunch is you won't be able to sell it in one place to individuals and they are looking to pick out what they don't have, and any store is going to buy them for pennies on the dollar as they are easy to find. 3.5 just isn't a collectors edition, excluding 1 or 2 rare copies.