PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Any good Yuan-ti modules?

Snail_On_Speed
2021-05-19, 06:17 PM
In the campaign I'm dming, the players have just finished arc one, and I'm doing research for arc two. I like using monsters I've never used before, as it makes it more fun to run and keeps my interest better, meaning I run a better game. I want to go with Yuan-ti, but I'm having trouble finding modules revolving around them. Does anyone have any recommendations? Ideally it'd be for a level 8 party, but if it has a map and basic plot I can populate the encounters.

Protolisk
2021-05-19, 07:06 PM
I am not too knowledgeable on yuan-ti to be honest. I know there was one in Candlekeep Mysteries, and it wasn't really all that mystery based. It involved Grippli, and was supposed to be for level 6. Book of Cylinders should be the name.

I think some of the other modules had yuan-ti in them, but I don't know how prevalent they actually were.

kaervaak
2021-05-19, 07:10 PM
Yuan-ti are some of the main antagonists in Tomb of Annihilation. Take a look at chapter 4, Fane of the Night Serpent.

DragonPgmmr
2021-05-20, 07:58 AM
Yeah, you could lift Omu out of Tomb of Annihilation as a setting (with or without the Tomb of the Nine Gods); or, as mentioned, just the Fane of the Night Serpent. Just drop them into your world. I don't think removing them from Chult would really effect it at all.

Democratus
2021-05-20, 08:28 AM
I worry about all the different kinds of reptile/fishy-man species in D&D. They seem to collide a great deal in concept space.

Sahuagin
Yuan Ti
Lizard Folk
Locathah
Koalinth
Kuo-Toa

However, if needed you could take many modules with these creatures and tweak them.

Kurt Kurageous
2021-05-20, 09:21 AM
Wasn't there a yuan-ti thing in Tales of the Yawning Portal?

Segev
2021-05-21, 11:36 AM
there is an Adventurer's League dungeon called "Ruins of Hisari" that is very yuan-ti focused.