PDA

View Full Version : System For Epithet Erased

JNAProductions
2021-05-19, 07:35 PM
So, I know EE has its own gaming system (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FDjPzvwzjypF0LUFjHpHELCMycIL7NA2g5BFPlEdYTo/edit) (or probably more accurate, EE was based on adventures from that system) but it's... Pretty rules-light. Anyone got any ideas for what system would be a good fit for a game based around it?

Link (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yio2JNgQKBM&list=PLHACfIDFF66rxMt46cSoVxUulvL3bKluM&ab_channel=JelloApocalypse) to Epithet Erased on YouTube. Go watch it!

icefractal
2021-05-19, 08:31 PM
If you want significantly crunchier, Hero system could do it easily enough. IIRC, characters mostly seem to use specific Epithet uses they've practiced rather than totally freeform, and that's what the EE system uses, I think, but if you wanted to support more freeform you could make the power stunting rules easier.

I think M&M would work too, with the proviso that Power Levels vary significantly, and possibly a house-rule that offense and defense can have separate PLs, as several of the characters have better offense than defense, or vice-versa.

Both of those, being effect-based, would also handle the non-Epithet but still superhuman capabilities some characters have.

JNAProductions
2021-05-19, 08:56 PM
If you want significantly crunchier, Hero system could do it easily enough. IIRC, characters mostly seem to use specific Epithet uses they've practiced rather than totally freeform, and that's what the EE system uses, I think, but if you wanted to support more freeform you could make the power stunting rules easier.

I think M&M would work too, with the proviso that Power Levels vary significantly, and possibly a house-rule that offense and defense can have separate PLs, as several of the characters have better offense than defense, or vice-versa.

Both of those, being effect-based, would also handle the non-Epithet but still superhuman capabilities some characters have.

I know M&M... Kinda. It could definitely work, yee.

Not familiar with Hero, though.

Grod_The_Giant
2021-05-23, 09:35 AM
I know M&M... Kinda. It could definitely work, yee.

Not familiar with Hero, though.
Hero (and Champions) are both basically "M&M but more complicated."

I'm not familiar with Epithet, but it's hard to do better then M&M when it comes to crazy powers.