PDA

View Full Version : Can You Silver Dhampir Teeth?

jojosskul
2021-05-20, 01:27 PM
Inquiring half-vampires want to know, is it possible to bling out your teeth? It would serve two purposes:

1. Gets past SOME non-magic weapon resistance.

2. Make your teeth worth more than 1 sp so you can use them with BB/GFB.

Looking at the PHB, I think this works.

You can silver a single weapon or ten pieces of ammunition for 100gp. This cost represents not only the price of the silver, but the time and expertise needed to add silver to the weapon without making it less effective.

The Dhampir teeth count as a simple melee weapon, so based on this wording it appears that you get yourself a nice grille and overcome a decent portion of the issues of using the Dhampir bite as your main weapon.

Thoughts?

Snail_On_Speed
2021-05-20, 01:30 PM
Yeah, I think this works, but I would rule that the teeth are already worth more than 1sp. If they were not, then someone would be willing to accept 1sp in exchange for their teeth, and I don't think anyone without serious dental issues would take the trade.

nickl_2000
2021-05-20, 01:31 PM
By RAW absolutely you can do it. They aren't weak to Silver in 5e. I think the only major problem is how one goes about putting molten silver in ones mouth without burning a hole in your face.

Ask you DM, I bet they would let you do it for a little bit more.

Man_Over_Game
2021-05-20, 01:33 PM
By RAW absolutely you can do it. They aren't weak to Silver in 5e. I think the only major problem is how one goes about putting molten silver in ones mouth without burning a hole in your face.

Ask you DM, I bet they would let you do it for a little bit more.

I would, uh, like to cast Booming Blade with my dentures, plz.

micahaphone
2021-05-20, 01:36 PM
As a lizardfolk I commissioned silver caps for my canines. Had to be custom made and fitted but well worth it.

As a dhampir, I hope you have a lot of ibuprofin on hand because I'd bet there'll be some inflammation in your mouth.

Teaguethebean
2021-05-20, 01:37 PM
"Got the silver tester right here"

Doodadadumdoo

"ICE!"

jojosskul
2021-05-20, 01:44 PM
Nice! And yeah you'd probably need to pay extra, I'd insist if I was the DM. And you'd probably need both a smith and a dentist working together. But makes for an interesting as hell sorcadin/pallock.

Telwar
2021-05-20, 01:56 PM
If one of my notional players was to request this, I'd be inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt. I mean, it's not like people don't already get their teeth capped with metals now.

But I would really prefer if they came to me with, say, something on the history of teeth capping to show how a medieval/renaissance society would accomplish that.

Man_Over_Game
2021-05-20, 01:58 PM
If one of my notional players was to request this, I'd be inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt. I mean, it's not like people don't already get their teeth capped with metals now.

But I would really prefer if they came to me with, say, something on the history of teeth capping to show how a medieval/renaissance society would accomplish that.

Uh, you see, if you look here on page 74...

Page 74 has one word on it: MAGIC.

nickl_2000
2021-05-20, 02:02 PM

It would be really hard to argue that a Forge Cleric using Channel Divinity: Artisan's Blessing couldn't make it happen.

Kareeah_Indaga
2021-05-20, 02:06 PM

Something like this? (https://www.123dentist.com/the-history-of-dental-fillings/)

I’d be more concerned with accidentally biting down on the inside of my own mouth. :smalleek: