PDA

View Full Version : Eberron: Shadows of the Last War (IC)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Asmodeus
2007-11-12, 11:26 AM
{OOC: Continued from Eberron: Forgotten Forge (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42625)
OOC Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42016)}

Sharn: City of Towers

Morning comes once again to the largest city in Khorvaire. As the city begins to wake, all the usual sounds begin filtering through the streets.

Its a quiet day so far. No unusual occurances, although just the other day, a flock of daggerhawks decided to break loose and attack random people. The local watch handled the problem without too much hassle, but everyone was talking about it at the rumor mill. Now if only they gossips could find something juicy to talk about today...

{OOC: When your character sheet is done being updated from the last adventure, feel free to post here as you wish.}

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-11-12, 03:02 PM
Garrock

Garrock wakes late and rests for a while. He has no classes to teach today, so he spends his morning reading "An Essay on the Sources of Magic". When he finishes reading, he decides to go down to the Sivis message station; he hasn't checked in a week. Taking his cane, he starts out, wondering if he'll see any familiar faces there.

Ishikar
2007-11-13, 07:57 PM
Celedor

Walking down the street watching the crowds pass Celedor strolls through the busy street. Taking a moment to pause at a fruit stand he picks an apple and leaves a copper to pay. As he walks down the street he turns towards the message station hoping to hear some news or perhaps find a letter from his family updating him about things at home.

stupnick
2007-11-14, 10:28 AM
Arzeal

After spending the week reconnecting to the wilderness and listening to the lands to see what they had to say, Arzeal heads back into the concrete jungle. Not sure where to meet everyone as they never devised a plan for that, He heads over to the the Smith shop to see if anyone he recognizes is there.

After spending a bit wandering around and asking directions of a few guards, he stumbles across a familiar face heading into a building. Realizing that this is where they all probably talked about meeting, Arzeal heads in, as if he knew where he was supposed to be.

Garrock, Celedor, how are you guys doing? How was your week? Did you get alot of needed rest and personal time to get things dealt with?

You should have seen the action i saw. Stalking the forest as one of its' own i saw so many great things. The best, well i watched this brown bear stalk and hunt down a baby deer. It was awesome.

So what are we doing here?

Asmodeus
2007-11-14, 10:32 AM
{OOC: Hold up... they went to the Message station, not the smithy. how did you meet them somewhere that they aren't at?}

stupnick
2007-11-14, 10:20 PM
[OOC]

as it says,

"After spending a bit wandering around and asking directions of a few guards, he stumbles across a familiar face heading into a building."

he never made it there b/c he got lost.. and in the process of heading there he saw someone heading into that building

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-11-15, 09:41 AM
Garrock

"Thank you Azreal, I have been well, and it sounds like you have as well." He says, smiling. "This is the Sivis message station. We may have a letter from House Cannith."

Diarmuid
2007-11-15, 11:31 AM
Zag'Rat

The warforged had been concentrating on creating some scrolls over the last week or so, with varied levels of success. When not working on them, and not regaining his energies he spent time watching the message center. Not actually checking for messages, he just kept an eye out for anything strange. He was a bit worried that he or his friends were not done with this mess.

Seeing Garrock made him smile as he was glad the young man had made it through the ordeal despite his infirmities. He resisted the urge to go talk to him, and instead took the opportunity to see if anyone else was taking an interest in the mage's actions.

[roll0]

While watching, he noticed some of his other companions meandering about and saw them greet Garrock. Curious if any of them had had any contact with their previous employer he moved from the building he was hiding near and made his way to join them.

"Celedor, Shaerdon, Garrock...it's good to see you all again. I hope the last days have found you restful and safe. Ah, Garrock...I almost forgot. I have a present for you."

Reaching into his bag, the artificer retreives his scroll case. Unscrewing the top he pulls out some rolled up papers and selects one of them. He hands one to Garrock and replaces the others in the case, which then goes back into his pack.

Scroll of Repair Light Damage, CL 1

"I know you had said you did not know the spell to repair damage, so I thought I would make you a scroll in case you ever find the need. In actuality, I hope you never find a use for it, as that would probably mean I have gotten in the way of another large axe, or giant rat, or some other nastiness."

The smile and humor in his voice seem a bit forced as he remembers some of the horrors from beneath the city. As he had often done lately, he silently gave thanks that he did not need to sleep, as he is sure he would be plagued by what the humans called "nightmares". As it was, if he closed his eyes he could clearly picture the flaming bolt ripping through his comrade's throat.

"So, have you checked if any messages have been left for us?"

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-11-15, 02:51 PM
Garrock

"Thank you Zag'rat, and I hope I shall never have to use it," Garrock says, accepting the scroll. He shakes his head at Zag'rat's last question, and then moves over to the counter and asks "Any messages for Garrock Austvale?", showing his identity papers.

Asmodeus
2007-11-16, 08:23 AM
{OOC: Sheardon and Za will just be conveniently missing for this scene.

Also, I'll be backtracking a bit to before anyone actually entered the station.}

Barmin Tower, near the Sivis Messaging Station

It's been a week since you concluded your adventures with your companions. In that time, things have been relatively quiet. No warforged sneaking out of corners to harass you. No dead bodies in the middle of the road. Even the weather has been nice for a change. Zagrat spent a few hours in the shop crafting scrolls and ignoring the world around him. Garrock went back to his job at the University, giving a few lectures to dispassionate students. Azreal left the city for a time, to enjoy the wilderness outside its confining borders. Only today has he returned to the urban jungle. And Celedor has spent much time in meditation and prayer, seeking for more guidance about the path before him from the ancient ones whom he reveres.

It seems to be purely by chance that these four should meet again all with the same purpose in mind. Sure, a few of you have checked the station randomly through the week, but always it was a pleasant day, and you were alone. Today is markedly different.

Thunder rumbles in the distance as you cross the rain-slick skybridge that leads to Barmin Tower. The rain falls at a steady pace, causing waterfalls to spill over the sides of the slanted rooftops and balcony railings. Ahead, the door the House Sivis message station hangs open at a strange angle, one of its hinges separated from the doorframe. Lightning flashes, and you think you hear a groan from somewhere inside the otherwise quiet shop.

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-11-16, 08:53 AM
{OOC: So, just scrap everything that happened after reaching the message station, then?}

Garrock

Garrock walked quickly through the dreched streets towards the message station, his hood pulled up and his cane clacking on the street. Why did I pick today to go to the message station ... it was so nice out earlier this week... Garrock thinks to himself, lamenting over the weather.
When he reaches the message station and takes in the ominous signs of a break in, he stops for a second. "This does not look good..." he says quietly to himself. Before he enters, he casts a spell of protection on himself, in case of danger. "Protektar ek Dolaro"
He then takes out his crossbow, loads it, and enters the message station, pushes aside the askew door.
casting Mage Armour, just in case.

Diarmuid
2007-11-16, 09:54 AM
Zag'Rat

Amazed at their continued horrific luck, Zag'Rat is glad that he is always wearing his armor and that he always has his shield with him.

Pulling his shield around to his arm, he puts his shoulder down and pushes through the partially open door, fearing he already knows what he is going to find.

[roll0]
Spot 22 (botched roll tag so rolled in OOC thread)

Asmodeus
2007-11-16, 09:57 AM
Sivis Message Station

The tables and stools within the message station are in disarray; some are overturned or smashed, others have been forcefully scattered from their usual places. Behind the counter, lying atop a spilled shelf of scrolls and parchment sheets, is the gnome clerk who runs the station. She moans, unconscious, but apparently still alive.

stupnick
2007-11-16, 10:01 AM
Arzeal

After heading into the town, and seeing a few of his compadrates walking street towards where they were heading, Arzeal joins them. Upon seeing the door of the building ajar, and the defensiveness of his companions, he realized that this isn't normal.

Pulling his club off his side, he heads in to the message station, ready to grab his bigger club if needed.

What happened here? is everything ok?

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-11-16, 10:13 AM
Garrock

Garrock goes over to the gnome on the counter, and carefully puts down his loaded crossbow. He tries to help her, checking for any wounds and doing whatever else he can.
heal [roll0]

Asmodeus
2007-11-16, 10:16 AM
Sivis Message Station

The gnome is unable to answer Azreal, while unconscious.

However, Garrock is able to revive her rather easily. It seems that her wounds are only superficial. Nothing serious.

She sits up, blinks her eyes, and attempts to stand. "The Messages! I have to check on the messages!"

Diarmuid
2007-11-16, 12:08 PM
Zag'Rat

Gladly moving aside to let someone more experienced at Healing have access to the gnome, the warforged watched as Garrock brought her back to her senses.

He kept looking into all the dark corners where someone might be able to assault them from, and other exits from the room.

"The messages can wait a moment. What happened here? When we arrived you were unconscious behind the counter. Were you attacked by someone or something?"

Realising that if his suspicions were correct she was likely assaulted by another warforged, Zag'Rat tries to keep his voice as calm and reassuring as possible so as to not frighten her any further. He knew his adamantine form could be intimidating to many, especially those of the smaller races.

Asmodeus
2007-11-16, 01:40 PM
Sivis Message Station

Zagrat can detect no threat for the moment. All the exits are clear.

However, when he suggests that the Messages can wait, the gnome ignores him and rummages through the various scrolls and parchments scattered.

After a moment of looking through the papers, the gnomes finaly gives a delayed response. She says "Kobolds. They charged in and attacked. Four of the vile creatures."

She tells you how they subdued her, then made sure the place was otherwise empty. After that, a human-sized individual wrapped in a dark cloak entered.

"The stranger had a deep, rumbling voice that was strong and threatening, and the kobolds followed his direction without question. He asked if there were any messages for someone named Garrock.

It was an amazing coincidence, because I had just transcribed a message for a Garrock Austivale from the speaking stone. I must have glanced at the scroll I was holding, and the next instance the man in the cloak had snatched the scroll with one hand and hit me with the other. That's the last thing I remember."

Diarmuid
2007-11-19, 04:19 PM
Zag'Rat

Following the woman's tale, Zag'Rat doesnt think they would have much luck following the criminals if they had a head start.

"Would the message still be stored in the sending stone? Or perhaps do you remember enough of the message to re-scribe it for us?"

Asmodeus
2007-11-19, 05:00 PM
"No, I don't think I could do that. House Sivis gnomes are trained to forget messages as soon as they are transcribed. The stone doesn't store the message at all. Its a safety measure for the messengers, as well as the clients."

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-11-19, 05:06 PM
Garrock

"I'm Garrock Austvale. Do you know of any other way to get my message back? It must have been important, but I have no idea what it would be about. Also, somebody needs to alert the watch of this."
How would one go about contacting the watch anyway? Do you have to actually go to the watchouse, or do you just go out into the street and start yelling? (I'm guessing the former, but you never know)

Asmodeus
2007-11-19, 05:22 PM
"Well, you could just ask the sender to send again, I suppose."

{OOC: either method would work probably.}

stupnick
2007-11-19, 08:29 PM
Arzeal

Ill go get the watch, try to figure out the sender or something.

Arzeal heads outside, and begins yelling for the town watch..

ANYONE A TOWNWATCH?
I NEED THE TOWN WATCH!!
I NEED THE TOWN WATCH!!
I NEED THE TOWN WATCH!!
I NEED THE TOWN WATCH!!

Asmodeus
2007-11-19, 09:40 PM
Azreal

After the second shout, you hear a call. "Ho, there! Identify yourself! Who calls the Watch?" A human male, wearing the familiar green and black of the Sharn City Watch, and carrying a halberd comes running up to you from just around the corner.

Seeing that you aren't being immediately attacked, and aren't fleeing the scene of a crime, he slows to a jog as he approaches.

stupnick
2007-11-20, 10:02 AM
Arzeal

Um, Hello, Im Arzeal. Come inside, my friends will explain better, but something happened in this building to the gnome and a piece of paper. Kobolds did it, commanded by a cloaked person.

Come inside they will know it better.

and with that Arzeal opens the door to the building, holding it for the town watchman.

Asmodeus
2007-11-20, 10:25 AM
Sivis Message Station

The guard will go will go inside the building. He looks a bit startled to see others standing around inside, but when he sees you are not trying to ambush him, he goes about his business.

"What seems to be the problem here? Are you hurt?"

The Gnome explains the same thing to the guard that she said to you, telling that it was a band of Kobolds led by a stranger in a cloak.

The guard takes a few moments to search the room for clues. He picks up a few sling stones, and finds some kobold tracks around a bottle of spilled ink. "Definitely Kobolds. Well, they seem to have gotten what they came for and left. You're lucky they didn't want more. I'll make a report with the watch."

The Gnome pipes up at this point saying "Thats appreciated, but it won't be necessary. The house will handle this matter." The guard doesn't argue. He seems to be almost relieved to have avoided the paperwork. He waits a moment to see if there is anything else he is needed for. Unless someone stops him, he'll leave and resume his duties.

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-11-23, 10:47 AM
Garrock

"Looks like we're going to have to contact house cannith ourselves. Any idea where to find them?" Garrock says to Zag'rat and Azreal.

stupnick
2007-11-24, 01:19 PM
Arzeal

Considering i ended up here looking for that smith shop. i am prolly no good to ask for directions

Diarmuid
2007-11-25, 03:48 PM
Zag'Rat

Addressing the woman, the warforged asks another question before nodding to Garrock and making to leave after hearing his answer,

"Do you remember who the message was from, or what the general idea in the message was?"

Asmodeus
2007-11-25, 05:41 PM
Sivis Messaging Station

"Uh... No...Nope. Nothing at all."

None of you think she's being completely honest.

Slash_712
2007-11-26, 10:28 AM
Shaerdon spent the week after the adventure trying to find some armor that fits him. After finding what he wanted he spent some time restringing his bow and practicing on targets. He then goes off to try and find the group, starting at the Sivis Messaging Station.

stupnick
2007-11-27, 08:19 PM
Arzeal

Turning towards the group, seeing what their reaction is, Arzeal puts in his input, Well she knows something, prolly getting paid not to tell us.

Diarmuid
2007-11-27, 10:13 PM
Zag'Rat

Moving to speak softly to Arzeal and Garrock, the warforged mutters,

"I agree she is hiding something. The decision is can we somehow convince her to share what that is with us? Should we try to pay her, or maybe Arzeal could scare it out of her?"

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-11-28, 06:01 PM
Garrock

"I'm not very good with people... I knew I should have researched that charm spell. Well, might as well give it a shot."
Turning to the gnome, Garrock says "I really, really need to see that letter, miss. This is very important. Those people who took it will come back if we don't stop them, and the only way we can do that is with the information in the letter."
[roll0]

Asmodeus
2007-11-28, 07:22 PM
Sivis Message station

The clerk looks nervous. "I'm so sorry. I can't risk loosing my job."

Diarmuid
2007-11-29, 02:34 PM
Zag'Rat

Zag'Rat is visibly confused at the woman's response. He unbuckles the shield from his arm and sets it on the ground resting up against his metallic leg. Tilting his head to the side quizzically, he ticks off some points on his fingertip before asking her a question:

"You received a message for one Garrock Austvale. This message was stolen by parties who failed to present proper identification. Garrock Austvale, complete with identification is now asking for said message, or anything you might remember about it.....And now you are worried about losing your job by giving the proper message recipient the information that was originally intended for him?"

His red eyes widen as he tries to wrap his usually logical mind around her line of reasoning.

"Madam, I would think that giving Mr. Austvale any information you could remember from the message might be the only way in which you have any chance of keeping your job at all. Mr. Austvale was expecting a missive from Lady Elaydren d'Vown or one of her associates, and I'm sure she would be most put out if you were the cause of both her missive being stolen, and for it's message not reaching Mr. Austvale's ears."

His words came out very flat, and matter-of-fact. It is difficult to tell if he is actually implying any kind of threat with his statements.

I figure that's a decent description of an untrained Intimidate check, while remaining true to the character.

[roll0]

Asmodeus
2007-11-29, 02:54 PM
Sivis Station

The clerk looks rather upset. "Look, we are trained to forget the message as soon as its scribed. The only thing I remember is the name. It came from Lady d'Vown. Thats all I remember."

Sheardon comes in the station, sidestepping the door that hangs at an awkward angle.

Diarmuid
2007-11-30, 01:37 PM
Zag'Rat

Not wanting to push the topic any further, Zag'Rat has another idea,

"I guess we will just have to back to the source to try and get the original message. Were there, by chance, any other missives from Lady d'Vown? Perhaps for myself or my other companions?"

He digs into his pack and pulls out his papers and motions for the others who havent already to do the same.

Asmodeus
2007-11-30, 01:52 PM
Sivis Station

The clerk takes a look at each of your papers, and scans through the scrolls. "No, no other messages."

Slash_712
2007-11-30, 02:21 PM
Shaerdon

"Hello sorry I am late, what have missed?"

Diarmuid
2007-12-04, 10:09 AM
Zag'Rat

Zag'Rat starts at the noise from the door, as his attention had been focused on the message station worker. Relief sets in when he sees it is another of their group.

Nodding his thanks to the woman, he retrieves his papers and begins walking toward the exit,

"It is good to see you again. We had been hoping for a message, but when we arrived it seemed someone else had come and stolen a message intended for Garrock from our previous employer. It seems we will have to make a visit to her house to get the message as the thieves were quite successful. Have you had any contact with Za or Celedor since last we met, Shaerdon? I think Za's street smarts and familiarity with the in's and out's of the various social climes could be very helpful. Garrock, do you know where she lives? Perhaps we could stop by on our way to lady d'Vown's?"

The 'forged tries to keep his voice even and calm while internally he worries that he and his friends are being swept up in some grand scheme of the Lord of Blades. Would that abomination's wrongdoings never give them pause? He had worked hard to gain respect in his craft and he did not want the renegade to make life any more difficult than it was for his mechanical people.

Asmodeus
2007-12-04, 01:16 PM
Outside the Sivis Message Station

The rain seems to slack off as you walk away from the message station. Around a tower bend, at least a dozen people mill about on a partially covered terrace. A gange of children splashes in the puddles near the curving wall, laughing merrily. A merchant pushes an empty cart, presumably returning from the market exchange. The guard from the Sharn Watch looks the crowd over from his place beneath a shop awning.

A blur of feathers suddenly rockets towards you out of the cloud-filled sky. It's a giant owl, and it circles once before tipping the satchel it carries in its talons to drop a scroll case at your feet.

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-12-04, 04:11 PM
Garrock

"I know where Za lives. I think you're right, we should go there and let her know." Garrock says, while still walking. When the owl drops the scroll in front of him, he starts in suprise, then picks up the scroll. Before opening it, he watches the owl to see if he can tell where it's going too.

Asmodeus
2007-12-04, 04:25 PM
Barmin Tower, Outside Sivis Station

The owl circles higher on a few thermals before dipping behind Dragon Towers, out of sight.

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-12-04, 05:57 PM
Garrock

Garrock opens the scroll case, unrolls the scroll, and reads it.

Asmodeus
2007-12-04, 06:19 PM
Scroll Contents

http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/4848/owlmessagenb0.jpg

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-12-04, 06:57 PM
Garrock

Garrock shares the contents of the scroll with the others, reading it aloud for Azreal. "I better go contact Za. If either of you know where Celedor is, you should do the same. Otherwise, go ahead to the broken anvil, I'll meet you there, hopefully with Za, as soon as possible."
Garrock then hurries off, his cane rapping on the ground.
Cool picture, Asmo.
Garrock will use his immediate magic fly/climb speed thing to speed up the travel if possible. He can use it up to three times. (ie, Flying up levels instead of taking the long way with the stairs, climbing down buildings, ect...)

stupnick
2007-12-04, 07:04 PM
Arzeal

Hearing the message read aloud, and Garrocks instructions, Arzeal makes mad dash for the broken anvil inn, only to realize he forgot where it was.

Quite a few times on the way there he had to stop and ask for directions.

Slash_712
2007-12-04, 07:43 PM
Shaerdon

Shaerdon takes off after Azreal towards the Broken Anvil, and yes he as well has to ask for directions within the city.

Asmodeus
2007-12-05, 08:18 AM
Garrock

You arrive at Za's place of residence, but when you knock on the door, there is no answer...

The Rest of You

You begin trekking through the city, trying to find your way, but you become hopelessly lost rather quickly. You find you must stop and ask for directions.

{OOC: Each of you, give me a diplomacy check.}

{OOC: Celedor takes a -50 XP Penalty.}

stupnick
2007-12-05, 09:39 AM
Arzeal

Diplomacy Check for asking directions
[roll0]

Slash_712
2007-12-05, 10:35 AM
Shaerdon

[roll0]

Diarmuid
2007-12-05, 12:46 PM
Zag'Rat

Hoping that Arzeal's haste is towards their missing cleric, Zag'Rat tries to keep up with the warrior as best he can.

As Arzeal and Shaerdon stop Zag'Rat ponders why the cleric would live in this area until he see his two companions begin scratching their heads and asking around for directions.

Taking stock of where he is, he tries to figure out how best to get to the Broken Anvil inn from their current location.

[roll0]

Asmodeus
2007-12-05, 01:24 PM
Zagrat

You know that the Broken Anvil is in Mason's Tower. You are currently somewhere on the other side of Dragon Towers, so to reach the Broken Anvil, you'll need to navigate around or through to reach Mason's Tower.

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-12-05, 03:03 PM
Garrock

Garrock hammers on the door with his fists and cane for a good ten minutes, to make sure there really is nobody home. If nobody comes to the door, he leaves and head's toward the Broken Anvil.
If I need an intelligence check to get there succesfully, I'll take ten, giving me 13.

Diarmuid
2007-12-05, 03:15 PM
Zag'Rat

After getting his bearings, Zag'Rat gathers up Shaerdon and Arzeal,

"Please, follow me. I know how to get to the inn. I wish you had told me you did not know the way before you took off. I assumed you were going to find Celedor as Garrock mentioned. It's this way, let's hurry."

Rather than worrying about finding a way through the city, he decides to skirt around the majority and head back to the major throughways.

Asmodeus
2007-12-07, 10:56 AM
Sharn, near Mason's Tower

Garrock, as you fly through the air, you can take a moment to appreciate how easy flight becomes when in a manifest zone like Sharn.

You also notice three of your companions working their way through the crowds below towards the Broken Anvil tavern. Zagrat, Azreal, and Sheardon are all together, and its easy to pick them out with the metal of Zagrat's body glinting in the sunlight.

{OOC: SOrry for not posting earlier. Something went crazy with my subscriptions and I didn't see that a post had been made.

I'm hoping we can delay for just a bit here, to give Za time to get active again. If you guys wouldn't mind, stop at a fruit stand or something, and get a bunch of bananas... something to give Za till mondy to post and join up with you all.}

Diarmuid
2007-12-09, 10:57 PM
Zag'Rat

Zag'Rat keeps looking over his shoulder while leading the two warriors through the city, both to make sure they are following him and to check if they are being followed or watched at all.

[roll0]

Winged One
2007-12-10, 05:23 AM
Well, since I need Asmo's permission for my idea to get Za over to the Broken Anvil: fillerfillerfiller

stupnick
2007-12-10, 09:29 AM
Arzeal

Realizing Zag'Rat knows the way, Arzeal has no problem following him there.

After about the 3rd time of the warforged looking over his shoulder at him, Ok, why you looking, don't worry i can keep up with you. are you that paranoid at the moment that you think we might attack you?

Asmodeus
2007-12-10, 10:56 AM
Zag'rat looks back and notices a dwarf following them through the crowds.

(Za only)
You are the dwarf. Feel free to jump in and take over anytime.

Winged One
2007-12-10, 01:53 PM
Za

"Slow down guys, I don't know where you're all going!" Za calls out from behind the group. She might be short for the natural form of a changeling, but Zag'rat needs to get his eyes checked by another artificer if he actually mistook her for a dwarf. Apart from a bulging coin purse, having washed her clothes, her eyes having both been changed to different unnatural shades of green, and her hair turning jet-black, she doesn't seem to have changed a bit.

I had a whole post about just how she was disguised as a dwarf, then I looked up Zag'rat's Spot check and realized he's just suffering from momentary blindness.

Diarmuid
2007-12-11, 09:25 AM
Zag'Rat

Zag'Rat was going to voice his concerns about their persuer to Arzeal when the figure spoke in a familiar voice. Squinting again at the "dwarf", he realised that his paranoia had made him overlook the strangeness of this dwarf, and he now saw some familiar features of their missing companion, Za.

"Oh Za! It's good to see you. Garrock went to go find you, but you found us instead. We went to the message station and someone had attacked the worker there and stolen a message from Lady d'Vown intended for Garrock. She must have heard of the attack, as not shortly after that an owl dropped off a message asking us to make haste to the Broken Anvil. We're heading there now."

Bolstered by another friendly face, Zag'Rat increased the pace towards the inn.

Asmodeus
2007-12-11, 09:33 AM
{OOC: Just holding to make sure Garrock and everyone else is still with us, then I'll move us ahead to the tavern.}

Slash_712
2007-12-11, 09:41 AM
Shaerdon

"Za, where have you been? It has been quite a while. What the devil have you been up to? or do I not want to know?"

Winged One
2007-12-11, 02:06 PM
Za

"I just heard about the attack and came to find you. I hope Garrock doesn't waste too much time at my place..." Za explains. "Mind if I see the message?" She adds. "And as for what I've been doing...no, you don't. Bwahahahaha!"

[roll0] She actually hasn't been doing anything that's even remotely sinister, but she has her own reasons for hiding exactly what she's been doing.

Diarmuid
2007-12-11, 02:15 PM
Zag'Rat

The warforged shrugs his large adamantine shoulder,

"I think Garrock has the actual missive with him, sorry. He can probably show it you when we get to the inn."

[roll0]

He laughs along with Za, completely confident that she would never get herself into anything untoward and the very thought is laughable.

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-12-11, 06:43 PM
(I'm still here, just waiting to arrive.)

Asmodeus
2007-12-11, 07:09 PM
Broken Anvil Tavern

Garrock swoops down and joins the rest of the group as they approach the Broken Anvil. It is located in Mason's Tower, carved into a bend in the tower wall. Inside, everbright lanterns at either end of the room provide flickering illumination. A round table is set to either side of the entrance, and three longer tables are scattered throughout the room.

Today the Broken Anvil only has one customer, a woman in a worn brown cloak. She sits at a table at the far end of the room. As you enter, she raises her hand as if to cast a spell, then stops and pulls back her hood. Despite her disheveled hair and the dirt that covers her face, you recognize her. She is Elaydren d'Vown of House Cannith, the woman who hired you to explore the depths of Sharn.

{OOC: Everyone, make a Spot and Listen}

Slash_712
2007-12-11, 07:17 PM
Shaerdon

[roll0]
[roll1]

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-12-11, 07:20 PM
Garrock

"Lady Elaydren. What has happened?" Garrock says, taking her changed apperance. He quickly limps towards her, his cane tapping on the floor.
Spot [roll0]
Listen [roll1]

Winged One
2007-12-11, 07:59 PM
Za

"Hello, Lady d'Vown. It's a pleasure to meet you again...despite the circumstances." Za says. Apparently, she's decided that tact will get the group payed more.

Diarmuid
2007-12-11, 10:19 PM
Zag'Rat

Zag'Rat liked to defer to Garrock and Za when in social situations, as he had found his logical, sometimes detached sense of perspective oft-times put people off. But he was confused at their greetings of their contact. He mused to himself while looking around the room,

And here I would have thought addressing a woman obviously out of her element and in such a new sort of look by her proper name would have been out of place. I'm glad I let them do the talking...

[roll0]
[roll1]

He merely inclines his head towards the dingy woman as he makes his way towards the table she is at, then thinks of a question for her,

"Would it be better if I stayed near the door and watched for anyone coming? Do we need fear the proprietors overhearing our discussions?"

Asmodeus
2007-12-11, 11:47 PM
Broken Anvil Tavern

When the matronly innkeeper emerges from the kitchen to tend to the guests, Eladyren dismisses her with an imperious wave of her hand and calls the party over to her table in the northeast portion of the room.

"Quickly, quickly!" Elaydren calls in a strained voice. "Thank Olladra that you're here. There is no time to waste."

Elaydren lifts a leather backpack off the floor and places it on the table. The leather is worn, but its brass fittings are still bright. It appears light, almost empty. "There is no time to explain." Elaydren says, her fear-filled eyes darting from you to the door and back again. "Instructions, gold, and supplies are in this pack. Take it and go. The letter in the left-hand pocket explains everything, but you must go now! Trust me. If you can accomplish this task, the reward will be vast."

(Zagrat Only)
There are no other patrons in the tavern to worry about overhearing.

As you tally near the door, you see a warforged, wearing loose robe-like clothing almost running through the crowd, and coming towards the door of the tavern...

Diarmuid
2007-12-12, 12:04 AM
Zag'Rat

Torn between curiosity at what secrets the bag might hold and his enhanced paranoia of late, the artificer takes one last look out the window before intending to head towards the table and starts at another of his kin rushing towards the inn.

Reaching for his shield behind his back, he hisses through clenched metallic teeth to his companions,

"A warforged in robes approaches quickly, likely another of the Lord of Blade's minions! Za, pretend to be the Lady and move to another table with Arzeal and Shaerdon. Garrock stay with Lady d'Vown. Maybe we can have the upper hand for once."

Pushing himself up against the wall next to the door, he tries to blend into the surroundings while readying his heavy adamantine fist to bring it crashing down on this newcomer, hoping the robes bely a less than martial background.

[roll0]

Do the robes have any special markings on them that I might recognise? Feel free to make any necessary Knowledge/Spot roll to save time. Course, I only have ranks in Arcana and Architecture, so I dont know what I would recognise.

Asmodeus
2007-12-12, 12:11 AM
Broken Anvil Tavern

The warforged Zagrat sees appears to be wearing the robes of a cleric, and the symbol of the Sovereign Host.

Zagrat barely has time to spit out his warning, before the door bursts open and the warforged comes rushing in. Zagrat slams his fits down at the back of the warforged's head and the loud CLANG of metal striking metal reverberates through the tavern.

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to have caused much damage, if any. The newcomer turns and slams his own fist at the center of Zagrat's chest, causing another loud Clanging sound. And again, the damage seems to be minimal, if any at all. It appears that there is a stalemate between the two forged. Both seem to be enhanced with superior adamantine plating.

Before any more blows can be exchanged, Lady Elaydren speaks up "STOP! Both of you! Upwelling, these are not enemies, they are the adventurers who retrieved the relic."

The new warforged looks to Lady Elaydren and says "We must depart immediately. I was racing against our enemies to reach you. They will be here in moments."

At that moment, a sinister voice, and a familiar one at that, speaks. "I'm afraid you have no moments left." Standing in the doorway is Saber, the warforged who attacked you in the ruins of Dorasharn.

{OOC: And with the setup complete, I turn the control of Upwelling, warforged cleric, over to Seffbasilisk, our new player. Everyone give him a warm welcome over in the OOC thread.}

Asmodeus
2007-12-12, 12:49 AM
{OOC: Oh, by the way... ROLL INITIATIVE!

I'll have our first map up first thing in the morning. For now, most of you are near Lady Elaydren near the back of the tavern. Zagrat and Upwelling are next to eachother, near the door. Saber is in the doorway itself.}

Seffbasilisk
2007-12-12, 01:08 AM
Upwelling
HP: 10/10
AC: 20. FF: 20. Touch: 10.
DR 2/Adamantine

[roll0]

Stepping in front of Lady d'Vown protectivly, Upwelling raises a heavy metal shield, and taps his chest plate to make sure his holy symbol is uncovered. Quickly glancing around at his new 'allies' he sums them up as swiftly as he can, then gestures to Azreal and snaps out "Present arms!" as he taps his holy symbol of a hammer and tongs once and falls into spellcasting. As he weaves his right hand in an intricate pattern and murmers phrases his metal fist begins to glow blue, and if Azreal holds out his weapon, he touches it, imparting that same glow to the weapon.

Move to be between Saber and Lady d'Vown, Standard to cast 'Magic Weapon'

Winged One
2007-12-12, 01:11 AM
Za
AC 15 touch 13 flat 12
HP 12/12
6 action points
[roll0]
Za draws her bow when the new warforged shows up, then backs down when Elaydren calls for a stop, then gets ready again when Upwelling warns them of the following enemies. When she sees that it's Saber, she chuckles. "Saber, how lovely to see you again. Please, give my regards to the Keeper, as well as my apologies for the delay in sending you to Him." She greets the attacker sardonically, before greeting him much more appropriately with an arrow aimed at his face and moving closer to Lady Elaydren so that she can pick up the Haverstack quickly after Saber dies.

[roll1] +1 BAB, +3 DEX, +1 Point Blank Shot, -4 shooting into melee(it's +5 on the off-chance that she isn't shooting into melee
[roll2]
If Saber is somehow flat-footed: [roll3]

Winged One
2007-12-12, 01:14 AM
[roll0] Well, it's not like I don't expect to level and get new action points faster than the rest of the party...

Diarmuid
2007-12-12, 01:58 AM
Zag'Rat
Hit Points 9/9
Armor Class: 21 (+8 Armor, +1 Dex, +2 Shield), Touch: 11, FF: 20
Action points: 5

[roll0]

Edit - Actions changed due to other actions in the round, update to follow in reply with rolls.

Slash_712
2007-12-12, 09:33 AM
Shaerdon
[roll0]
HP: 12/12
AC: 17 T: 14 FF: 13
Action Points: 6 now correct?

"Saber! How dare you show your scaly hide here! What do you want?!" I say as I draw my sword and move back in front of Lady Elaydren.

stupnick
2007-12-12, 09:52 AM
Arzeal
HP 30/24
AC 15 (10touch, 15flat) (13 normal, -2rage, +4shift)
[roll0]

If asked to present his weapon he does so. Else, Arzeal draws his weapon and charges Saber.

Arzeal will also Rage(9rounds), and Shift(10rounds).

Now you shall finely feel the smash of my club. No more cheap shots from you.

[roll1] (+2rage, +2 more if i actually get to charge)
[roll2] (+2rage)

i did not add in the bonuses from magic weapon. if that get's cast add it in accordingly.

[roll3]
[roll4]

stupnick
2007-12-12, 09:54 AM
Arzeal

Action pointing that one, i don't want any chances to miss

[roll0]

Asmodeus
2007-12-12, 11:00 AM
{OOC: Garrock, forgive me but in order to keep this moving along, I'm rolling init for you since you aren't online yet.}

[roll0]

Asmodeus
2007-12-12, 11:15 AM
Round 1
Begin

Initiative:
Saber - 21 - Black #2
Kobolds - 21 - Black #3,4,5,6
Lady Elaydren - 21 - Black#1
Sheardon - 20 - Red
Za - 17+ - Grey
Azreal - 17 - Purple
Zagrat - 13 - Pink
Garrock - 10 - Green
Upwelling - 3 - Blue

Saber bellows "Now!" and streaming in from the doorway comes a band of four Kobolds, each armed and chittering with menace. Saber lifts his crossbow towards Lady Elaydren and fires a bolt, giving an erie sense of deja vu, as his aim remains as deadly as ever. The bolt strikes her in the shoulder, and she cries out in pain. The kobolds rush forward in pairs, two of them attacking Zagrat, and two more going after Sheardon. The first misses, but he provides enough of a distraction that Zagrat gets wounded before he can even react. (2 dmg) Sheardon doesn't fare as well, as both kobolds manage to stab him with their spears. (5 dmg)

Lady Elaydren drops behind the table, tipping it over for cover. Behind the table, she pops open a potion and begins to drink it. He wounds begin to close, as the healing potion takes effect.

{OOC: I'll hold here to give people a chance to change their moves, if they so desire, and for Garrock to get a chance to post.

Map Notes:
Remember that #1 is NOT a monster. It is Lady Elaydren.
Also, Kobolds are small, even though they are shown with medium sized Tokens.

http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/4916/brokenanvilqy0.th.jpg (http://img511.imageshack.us/my.php?image=brokenanvilqy0.jpg)}

Slash_712
2007-12-12, 11:30 AM
Shaerdon

Shaerdon drops his sword down on Kobold #6 hoping to draw blood.
[roll0]
[roll1]

In case of Crit-

[roll2]
[roll3]

Winged One
2007-12-12, 03:58 PM
Za

After she shoots Saber, Za steps over to Elaydren's bag and picks it up. She took a bolt from Saber and stayed up, huh? Not bad... "Will you be all right without another potion, Lady Elaydren?"

Still shooting Saber in the face, but change other actions to a 5' step to the Haverstack and a move action to pick it up.

Diarmuid
2007-12-12, 04:09 PM
Zag'Rat
Hit Points 9/9
Initiative: 13

Shrugging off the attack as the kobold's attack fails to pierce his admantine plating, Zag'Rat realises he is in a bit of an unfortunate strategical position and aims to rectify that.

Drawing his weapon, he takes a vicious swing at the kobold that moved into a position behind him.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Add an additional +1 to hit if it is determined the MW Heavy Mace was given to Zag'Rat, damage would remain the same as both weapons share a damage die.

Unfortunately, he is too worried about maintaining his defenses towards Saber and his aim falters. Not wanting to remain in so vulnerable a position, he takes a step away from Saber and the kobold near the door.

5' Step to the square to the left of #4

stupnick
2007-12-12, 04:19 PM
Arzeal

[OOC] should both zag'rat and upwelling not get attacks of opportunities on those kobolds that ran past them into the room? [OOC]

Arzeal is going to still charge onto Saber, remember the vicious hit he took from the warforged last encounter.

Moving 2 forward, 1 diagnal towards saber. would that be enough for a charge or even a straight line? if not i never added that into the roll...

Asmodeus
2007-12-12, 05:03 PM
Round 1
Continued

Sheardon gives a swing that would have seperated the kolbold's head from its shoulders, had the creature just stood a little higher from the ground. As it is, the small reptile ducks under the attack.

Za draws a bead on Saber and fires a shot that sticks to his torso before picking up the backpack. It feels almost empty in her hands. Lady Elaydren gives a brief nod, that she is ok, but continues to conceal herself from the battle.

Za's attack causes Saber to flinch from the damage. Sadly, that is nothing compared to the powerful onslaught unleashed by Azreal. The shifter literally goes ape**** crazy on Saber and whacks him so hard, it sounds like the bells in the Cathedral of the Flame ringing right here in this tavern. Unfortunately, in his zeal to get to Saber, he left himself open to attack from one of the Kobolds, who opens a line of red just below Azreal's rib cage. (4 dmg)

Sadly, not everyone possesses such fierce battle prowess. Zagrat's poorly aimed attack, even with his new finly crafted weapon, doesn't even get close enough for the diminutive Kobold to feel the breeze from the attack.

{OOC: Holding here for Garrock, and to see if Upwelling has any changes to his move.}

Seffbasilisk
2007-12-12, 05:50 PM
Upwelling

Initiative: 3
Action Points: 4/5
DR 2/Adamantine

Stepping back towards Lady d'Vown protectivly, Upwelling raises a heavy metal shield, and taps his chest plate to make sure his holy symbol is uncovered. Quickly glancing around at his new 'allies' he sums them up as swiftly as he can, then gestures to Azreal and snaps out "Present arms!" as he taps his holy symbol of a hammer and tongs once and falls into spellcasting. As he weaves his right hand in an intricate pattern and murmers phrases his metal fist begins to glow blue, and if Azreal holds out his weapon, he touches it, imparting that same glow to the weapon. After touching the blade, he draws his own weapon.

5ft step back diagonal, accepting AoO's from Kobolds 5 & 6, cast magic weapon, and imbue Azreal's weapon. Move action then to draw Warhammer. Use action point to retain spell 'Magic Weapon.'

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-12-12, 08:50 PM
Garrock
HP: 9/9
AC: 15 (Assuming Mage Armour still in effect.) T:15, FF:14
Action Points: 6/6

Garrock gets up from the table, and then takes a few steps to behind Za, to get a better look at Saber. "I've been researching this one just for you, Saber!" he yells. He starts drawing a symbol in the air, and clearly intones "Lineo ek Butro-fingri sur la Mala Igarmilito!"
Taking a five foot step south east, so Saber doesn't have cover, and casting Ray of Clumsiness on Saber.
[roll0]
[roll1]
And in case you're wondering, that spell does translate to "Ray of Butter-fingers". There wasn't a word for clumsiness.

Asmodeus
2007-12-12, 09:24 PM
{OOC: Did you include for shooting into melee, Garrock?}

Asmodeus
2007-12-12, 09:38 PM
Round 1
Concluded

Garrock fires a magical spell at Saber, trying to weave the spell between his companions. He succeeds, and the ray strikes Saber.

Upwelling casts his spell, provoking an Attack from one of the kobolds. The spear clanks against Upwelling's metallic skin, but doesn't cause any damage. His spell completes, and Azreal complies with his request, allowing his weapon to be touched and imbued with magic.

Saber moves forward, dropping his crossbow to the ground and drawing his longsword in one swift motion. "Traitorous flesh-lover!" he cries as he swings his sword at Upwelling. "You could avoid ever knowing death, but you forsake that birthright by betraying your own kin!" He rants as he attacks, swinging a vicious arc with the blade of his weapon. But his political ravings make his aim careless, and he doesn't even get close to hitting the cleric.

The kobolds all shift positions, each vying for the best tactical advantage. They seem to communicate with clicks and hisses, giving eachother instructions on where to move and when to strike. Two of them match Zagrat's movements, and attack him again. Again, the first misses, but sacrafices his accuracy to open up Zagrat for an attack from his flank. (4 dmg)

The other two shift to circle both Sheardon and Upwelling. They each focus their attacks towards the elf ranger though. Fortunately for Sheardon, he's ready for the tactic this time, and he manages to fend off both blows.

Lady Elaydren just continues to hide behind the table.

Round 2
Begin

Initiative:
Sheardon - 20 - Red
Za - 17+ - Grey
Azreal - 17 - Purple
Zagrat - 13 - Pink
Garrock - 10 - Green
Upwelling - 3 - Blue
Saber - 1 - Black #2
Kobolds - 1 - Black #3,4,5,6
Lady Elaydren - 1 - Black#1

{OOC: Sheardon and Upwelling each get an AoO against #5, if they so desire. As you can tell, I've shifted the end of the Round so that the NPCs go last. Makes it easier for everyone.}

http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/4986/brokenanvilka5.th.jpg (http://img512.imageshack.us/my.php?image=brokenanvilka5.jpg)

Seffbasilisk
2007-12-12, 10:17 PM
Upwelling

[roll0]
[roll1]

(In unlikely event)

[roll2]

stupnick
2007-12-13, 12:07 AM
Arzeal
HP 30/24
Initiative - (1d20)[17]
Rage(8rounds), and Shift(9rounds).

With his weapon glowing from the benifit of Upwelling's spell, Arzeal attempts to strike at Saber again, hoping that if he drops the evil warforged, the kobolds will drop too.

[roll0] (6normal, +2rage, +1magic weapon)
[roll1] (6 normal, +3rage, +1magic weapon)

Slash_712
2007-12-13, 10:23 AM
Shaerdon
HP: 7/12

Noticing that the kobold has left himself open to an attack, Shaerdon quickly turns and swings his sword at the tiny creature.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Then, on his initiative, Shaerdon turns towards the other kobold and attacks him.
[roll2]
[roll3]

In case of the Crit-
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

Winged One
2007-12-13, 01:15 PM
Za
AC 15 touch 13 flat 12
HP 12/12
5 Action Points
"Did you hear that from the same person who told you that you were the greatest of the Lord of Blades' servants? 'Cause if you still believe anything they say, I really want lessons in lying from them now." Za taunts Saber as she put the backpack on(after she drops her bow to free up both hands). Huh. Must be magic. As Shaerdon drops the kobolds, she draws her rapier and darts into the fight between Zag'rat and the remaining kobolds, making sure to stay out of Saber's reach.
Standard action to put the Haverstack on, move to move and draw weapon since she has +1 BAB, moving to either flank kobold 4 with Zag'rat if that gray surface that 5 was standing on will support a Medium creature, or just get it in AoO range if not.

Asmodeus
2007-12-13, 01:32 PM
Round 2
Continued

Sheardon takes full advantage of the opportunity presented by the Kobold trying to circle behind him, and cuts him down before he can get away. The ranger then spins and drives his blade through the gullet of the second Kobold that was harrassing him, dropping both creatures in quick succession.

Azreal attempts to finish off the mighty saber, but despite the shifter's impressive power, he can't penetrate the thick metal plates protecting the warforged.

Za decides that Zagrat needs a hand and heads over to assist him after she dons the pack from Lady d'Vown.

Diarmuid
2007-12-13, 11:36 PM
Zag'Rat
Hit Points 7/9

Hoping to keep the kobolds busy so Arzeal and Shaerdon can close wth Saber and finally put him down, Zag'Rat swings at the one dividing its attention between him and Za.

[roll0] (+1 BAB, +2 Str, +1 MW, +2 Flanking)
[roll1]

If this kills the kobold, he will take a 5' step to enter into a flanking position on Saber.

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-12-14, 05:50 PM
Garrock
AC: 15 T15 FF14

Garrock grabs his crossbow from his belt and loads it, then moves behind the table with Lady Elaydren.

Seffbasilisk
2007-12-14, 09:24 PM
Upwelling

DR 2/Adamantine

Striding forward, Upwelling lifts his warhammer, silently praying to Onatar for the strength needed to take apart one of his kin, and saying aloud "I have seen nothing but kindness from these fleshy ones. It is the actions of ones like you that keep us feared and hated!"

Letting righteous indignation fill him, Upwelling smashes out with his hammer at Saber.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Asmodeus
2007-12-15, 09:11 AM
Round 2
Concluded

Zagrat gives a mighty swing that konks the Kobold on the head, and appears to have knocked him senseless somewhat, but he is still standing.

Garrock takes partial cover from the table, but he can't gain total cover, without pushing Elaydren out into the open.

Upwelling's blow looks like it will almost find a weakpoint in Saber's armor, but he parries it at the last second, depriving Upwelling of his victory.

Saber returns his attention back to the attack, continuing his ravings "You are not worthy! You will die, just like each of these breathers!" His aim is much more precise this time, as he rams the blade through Upwelling's gut. (7 dmg)

The still-functioning kobold takes another swipe at Zagrat, and again, his efforts are futile. The Kobold that is partially senseless backs up a step away from zagrat and za, hoping to flee the scene. He backs his way towards the kitchen.

Unfortunately for him, he doesn't get very far. The halfling matron leans around the corner, wielding an oversized frying pan and slams it against the back of the kobold's head. His eyes cross and he drops to his knees before passing out. "Slimy reptile! Stay out of my kitchen!" she shrieks. {OOC: All Halflings are profiencient with Frying pans... bludgeoning 1-handed weapon, 1d3 dmg crit x2. plus sneak attack.}

Lady Elaydren looks over to Garrock. "Hows it look out there?" she asks as she retrieves a pearl from one of her pockets.

Round 3
Begin

Initiative:
Sheardon - 20 - Red
Za - 17+ - Grey
Azreal - 17 - Purple
Zagrat - 13 - Pink
Garrock - 10 - Green
Upwelling - 3 - Blue
Saber - 1 - Black #2

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/2015/brokenanvilth7.th.jpg (http://img139.imageshack.us/my.php?image=brokenanvilth7.jpg)

stupnick
2007-12-15, 09:40 AM
Arzeal
HP 30/24
Initiative - (1d20)[17]
Rage(7rounds), and Shift(8rounds).

Taking another swing at Saber to capitalize on his focus on Upwelling.

[roll0] (not sure why it's +0, it's supposed to be +9) = 20
[roll1]

stupnick
2007-12-15, 09:47 AM
Arzeal

[ooc]
i don't want a chance to miss Saber. so AP'ing it
[roll0]
[ooc]

Save action point, since i have flank and it's a 22 to hit now... so ignore this post : )

Winged One
2007-12-15, 04:47 PM
Za
AC 15 touch 13
HP 12/12
Initiative 17+
5 Action Points

"Thank you, ma'am." Za says to the halfling with the frying pan, striding next to Zag'rat. Once she's in position, she tries to slide her rapier between Saber's armor plates, or, failing that, at least distract him long enough for Arzeal to smash him into several pieces.

Move 2 squares down to flank with Arzeal(and also threaten the last kobold), attack Saber.
[roll0] +1 BAB, -1 STR, +2 flank
[roll1]
[roll2]
Stupnick, do you want to save that action point for later now that you've got flanking?

Diarmuid
2007-12-15, 11:33 PM
Zag'Rat
Hit Points 7/9

Nodding to Za as she steps into position next to Saber, Zag'Rat tries to make sure the goblin behind her cannot harry her too much.

Attack 3

[roll0]
[roll1]

Slash_712
2007-12-16, 03:15 PM
Shaerdon

Action Points: 5/6

After slicing the Kobolds to death, Shaerdon once again takes up his sword and lets out a roar as he moves towards Saber and swings.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Slash_712
2007-12-16, 03:18 PM
{Ima gonna action point that attack roll}
[roll0]

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-12-16, 06:16 PM
Garrock
AC: 15 T15 FF14
Action Points 6/6

Dropping his cane, Garrock rests his crossbow on the edge of the table, aiming carefully before he takes his shot at the kobold near Zag'rat.
With Shaerdon out of the way, I can draw a line from the bottom left of my to the top right of kobold 3 without going through anything that would provide cover. However, there's still the shooting into melee penalty (included in roll).
[roll0]
[roll1]

Seffbasilisk
2007-12-16, 09:14 PM
Upwelling
HP: 5/10
DR 2/Adamantine

With the three of them moving in on Saber, Upwelling takes the chance to take a half-step back and once again making sure his holy symbol is uncovered, attempts to Rebuke Saber.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Asmodeus
2007-12-16, 09:42 PM
Round 3
Concluded

Sheardon moves up to engage Saber and attacks. His aim is deadly, and he manages to hack at several of the wooden tendon's in Saber's near leg.

Za maneuvers closer to the battle with the remaining foes and both Saber and the last Kobold make attacks against her as she moves. Saber slices open a long line across her gut. (9 dmg) The kobold gets a lucky hit in as well, but its not nearly as damaging. (2 dmg) And on top of it all, Za doesn't even make good on her attack against the warforged.

Azreal, however, takes full advantage of Saber's distraction by the changeling, and hammers home another devestating attack against the warforged. Saber appears to be on his last legs, and another hit might be enough to topple him.

Zagrat attempts to make lightning strike twice, by actually successfully making two attacks in a row. Sadly, luck is not with him, and he misses badly.

Garrock tries to thread the needle with his shot, but his aim is not that steady. Perhaps that crossbow is too heavy for him, or he forgot to drink his tea this morning. Either way, he misses.

Upwelling attempts to call upon his gods to aid him and turn Saber. Unfortunately, his power is not great enough to overcome Saber's determination to see his mission through.

The Kobold attempts to finish Za off, finding her flesh much more yielding than that of Zagrat. Sadly, he fails to complete the job, but Saber is unwilling to go down without taking someone with him. "You weak-fleshed breathers! How dare you stand before the greatest lieutenant of the Lord of Blades! Your time of power is at an end! Accept your fate with what dignity you can manage."

He releases one hand from his sword and slams it in a backhanded fashion towards Za, rapping her skull with a clunk, and she crumples to the floor. (2 dmg) The zealot of the Lord of Blades then spins his own blade around towards Azreal, clearly recognizing him as the greatest threat. The warforged manages to ram the blade through Azreal's gut. (8 dmg) He gives a quick twist of the wrist and removes the blade, along with a gout of blood from the raging shifter.

Round 4
Begin

Initiative:
Sheardon - 20 - Red
Za - 17+ - Grey
Azreal - 17 - Purple
Zagrat - 13 - Pink
Garrock - 10 - Green
Upwelling - 3 - Blue
Saber - 1 - Black #2

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/1517/brokenanvilds4.th.jpg (http://img204.imageshack.us/my.php?image=brokenanvilds4.jpg)

Winged One
2007-12-17, 01:44 AM
Za
HP -1/12
Za squeals a bit at the cuts inflicted on her, then smiles when she sees that she's accomplished her real goal anyway. "You know, I think Arzeal might have a point about scars..." she says, before bursting out laughing at Saber's continued delusion that he's the greatest of the Lord of Blades' lieutenants. She keeps laughing as she dodges the kobold's attempt to finish her, and there remains a hint of impish glee on her unconscious face after Saber shuts her up.

[roll0]

stupnick
2007-12-17, 03:06 AM
Arzeal
HP 22/24
Initiative - (1d20)[17]
Rage(6rounds), and Shift(7rounds).

Seeing Saber take a swing at both Za and himself, Arzeal get's very excited at the fact that he is going to overtake a more powerful foe, A lieutenant of the Lord of Blades. As he speaks his last few words Arzeal can't help but let out a small smirk among his rage and anger You think your powerful, then why are you so weak. Metal and wood isn't as good as bones and flesh.

Seeing the damage that Saber inflicts on Za, Arzeal lets out an almost feral growl as he swings one more time on this.. this.. Machine.

Taking a 5 foot step to be flanking with Sheardon
[roll0]
[roll1]

stupnick
2007-12-17, 03:08 AM
Arzeal

well i know 20 hit's, not sure about 19, so i am APing this to make sure it's a hit

1d6

well the roll didn't work, but even a 1 would hit since a 20 hit last time.. so what ever..LOL

Slash_712
2007-12-17, 09:43 AM
Shaerdon

Action Points: 4/6

Shaerdon again swings at Saber in an attempt to finish of the wounded Warforged. Along with the flank from Azreal, Shaerdon tries to catch Saber unprepared (Thank God Saber's not a boy scout, atleast, not to our knowledge).

[roll0]
[roll1]

Slash_712
2007-12-17, 09:44 AM
Ummm... Action Point!!!

[roll0]

{Come on Action Point gods!}
{Yes!}

Diarmuid
2007-12-17, 09:47 AM
Zag'Rat
Hit Points 7/9

Zag'Rat wants to help Za, but he knows doing so would make him vulnerable to the kobold pressing him. He decides to try to finish off the foe so that Upwelling might be able to heal their fallen companion in safety,

Having been around Arzeal before, he knows the man's strange sense of humor and chuckles, muttering before taking his swing,

"Well, I for one am hoping that my wood and metal are far more than a match for this little draconic bag of meat and bones."

[roll0]
[roll1]

Sighing, he bobs and weaves heeping his attacker at bay with his shield,

"Guess not..."

His mind starts to drift down an uncomfortable road as he considers his predicatment,

Is there some truth to the words this Saber speaks? He is full of the Lord of Blades blessings and he seems to be an unstoppable juggernaut. He picks right up where he left off last time slaughtering us...and I cannot even dispatch a simply kobold without the help of a halfling matron....

Asmodeus
2007-12-17, 10:04 AM
Round 4
Concluded

As Za struggles to maintain that tenuous grip on life, Sheardon and Azreal work in harmony to send Saber off to whatever afterlife awaits the warforged. First, Sheardon takes his greatsword and makes a wide arcing slash that makes a cut almost halfway through Saber's neck. But for a blow that would be lethal to any other creature, it only slows Saber down. He reaches up with his free hand and tries to hold his wound as a dark oily fluid begins to leak out. Azreal sees an opening, and gives a baseball swing with his club that connects solidly against Saber's head, rending it free to complete the separation started by Sheardon. The disembodied head goes tumbling across the floor until it thunks against the far wall. Even then, the body of Saber continues to make a paltry swinging gesture with the blade, like a chicken with its head cut off. It hits nothing though, and in a moment, the body realizes that its dead, and collapses in a heap.

The last Kobold remaining sees that he's all alone now, and facing more than enough of a challenge for him to take, so he turns tail and runs.

{OOC: Although combat is officially over, Zagrat, Upwelling, and Garrock each have an opportunity to make a final attack at the fleeing Kobold, should they so desire. I leave it up to you to decide if you want to let him escape or no.

Za's failed stabilization check puts her at -2 HP.}

Seffbasilisk
2007-12-17, 11:16 AM
Upwelling

[roll0]
[roll1]

In frustration against the fleshy meatpuppets in general, and against the reptillian meatpuppet in particular, Upwelling slams out with his hammer at the fleeing Kobold before he goes to stabalize Za.

Asmodeus
2007-12-17, 11:39 AM
Broken Anvil Tavern

Upwelling's attack drops the Kobold in a brutal fashion. The final sound of spinal bone snapping is clearly audible to everyone in the tavern.

Lady Elaydren, peeks around from her table, to see the fight is over. Turning back to Garrock, she says "More assassins may show up at any moment. All of the information you need is in the left pocket of the backpack. Take it and go! Get out of the city as quickly as you can."

She quickly stands up and walks over to Saber's corpse. She picks up his crossbow and remaining bolts and turns towards the door. She stops long enough to reload, and look back to Upwelling. "Upwelling, your time serving as my protector is over. your new mission is to accompany these people and aid them in their quest. Do whatever you can for them."

She does not wait for any argument, or discussion. She takes off into the street, disappearing into a nearby alleyway.

Seffbasilisk
2007-12-17, 11:46 AM
Upwelling

Striding over to Za as quickly as he can, Upwelling rubs his holy symbol and seals her lesser wounds, stemming the flow of lifeblood until he can reassess the situation. His holy symbol glowing for a second, Upwelling channels a touch of positive energy to heal her, then, before healing her further, stands up and goes over to look Arzeal. Standing before him, silently, not even pretending to breathe, Upwelling is very plainly a construct, as he tonelessly repeats "Metal and wood isn't as good as bones and flesh?"

Cure Minor for Za to Stabalize. Heal 1 pt.

Asmodeus
2007-12-17, 11:59 AM
Broken Anvil Tavern

Za's wounds close, and her breathing becomes much more steady. However, she still remains unconscious.

Slash_712
2007-12-17, 12:33 PM
Shaerdon

After seeing Lady Elaydren run out into the street. He turns to Garrock and the backpack after putting away his greatsword.
"What is in the backpack, Garrock?" He asks wondering what could be so important.

Asmodeus
2007-12-17, 01:14 PM
{OOC: Za is the one with the backpack. Might have a few bloodstains on it by now.}

Diarmuid
2007-12-17, 04:03 PM
Zag'Rat

Relief washes over the artificer as Shaerdon destroys Saber finally and Upwelling lays low the fleeing kobold. Zag'Rat quickly hops to straddle the form of the leaking prophet of the Lord of Blades, hoping to prevent any of the strange final messengers from escaping to report the happenings here back. Looking over to Shaerdon, he asks the warrior,

"Gather Saber's weapons and anything else he had, perhaps we can learn something from them. He had some magical crossbow bolts when last we met him, some of his other equipment may be of exceptional quality. Anything of value on the kobolds should be left for the halfling to help her with the damages to her establishment."

When nothing springs from Saber's chest he thinks to help the fallen Za, but sees Upwelling is already seeing to her.

[roll0]

Recognising the spell as a simple cantrip, he is concerned as Upwelling moves to stand before the shifter.

Moving up beside him, but making sure to scuff his feet a bit so as to not to appear to be sneaking up on him, Zag'Rat speaks softly in the cleric's ear.

"Brother, for now the lady is in danger the longer we tarry here. Can you bring the changeling to a movable health, or will we need to carry her?"

[roll1]

Sorry, hoped I could get my edits in, didnt want to have to make a bunch of posts and you cant put new rolls in edits. Spellcraft was to recognise the spell of Upwelling and Diplomacy was to try to calm Upwelling down. Hope that's more evident now with my edits.

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-12-17, 04:09 PM
Garrock

"Za had the backpack, Shaerdon." Garrock says, putting his crossbow away. He picks up his cane and goes back around the table. He goes over and checks on Za. He picks up the bag, but doesn't open it yet. Then, he walks over to Upwelling. "Hello. My name is Garrock Austvale. Nice to meet you," he says, extending his hand to shake.

Slash_712
2007-12-17, 04:22 PM
Shaerdon

"I coulda sworn.....anyway, Za what all is in that pack? I am Shaerdon, by the way, Shaerdon Darkleaf, it's a pleasure." He says turning to Upwelling and then seeing unconcious Za. "Oh nuts."

Winged One
2007-12-17, 04:33 PM
Za

Za dreams of what could happen because she can't stop it. She sees Zag'rat and Upwelling confronting Arzeal over what he said, and hears him try and fail to explain himself. She sees Upwelling take a swing at Arzeal for his foolish declaration... An attentive and conscious listener can hear her murmur "Arzeal...you dummy..."

Seffbasilisk
2007-12-17, 04:53 PM
Upwelling

"I go by the name Upwelling. I will try to return her to consciousness." Rubbing his holy symbol again, Upwelling returns to Za, and placing a hand on her chest, and raising his left to the heavens, he entreats "Onatar! God of the Forge! Patron of we of metal and wood, crafted by art, and forged for war! Spark of innovation!" Drawing his Warhammer and holding it aloft in his left hand, he continues to call upon his diety "Grant this one strength anew! Give her a chance to show her craft! I pledge myself to forge a new armor to keep this crafter of innovations from requiring your blessing as often! Grant your most humble servant a trickle of your might o forgemaster! Her quest for knowledge is not yet done! We of metal and wood, we know of your glory! Give me the power to seal her wounds further, and light the path so that I may show her the way to your side! Let your creation's creation, your forged, forged, forge a new life! Grant her more time!"

[roll0]

Asmodeus
2007-12-17, 05:01 PM
{OOC: *golf-claps at the emmy-winning performance*}

The pious cleric pleads his his patron diety for favors, and it appears that they are answered. A holy light begins to glow around Upwelling's hand, and as he completes his cries to the distant god of artifice, the light seeps into Za's chest, and her wounds are healed even further. Within a few moments, her eyes begin to open.

Winged One
2007-12-17, 05:34 PM
Za

The instant Za's eyes snap open, she looks around the room. Once she sees Saber's dead body and that her nightmare hasn't come true, she asks, "Hey, Arzeal, you really meant that your flesh and bone was stronger than Saber's wood and steel, right? You accidentally sounded like you were insulting all warforged, not just him." If he doesn't start being difficult, she turns to Upwelling and says "Sorry about Arzeal; he doesn't have my way with words. Thanks for healing me, by the way. Upwelling, wasn't it? I'm Za. I've gotta admit, the Host is pretty classy to help a Six worshiper like me. She pauses for a second, before continuing in the tradition of mocking people who get themselves knocked out by doing something stupid. "I wonder if that backpack has a book in it called 'How to Dodge'...hey, where'd it go?" she asks as she notices that it's negligible weight is gone.

stupnick
2007-12-17, 09:19 PM
Arzeal

Slowly coming back to normal, Arzeal, realizing he is being berated with question from the other warforged, looks at them and clearly states Well today, Flesh and Bone, as he pokes himself, proved stronger than Metal and Wood, as he gives a good swift kick to the corpse of Saber. And obviously wood is stronger than metal, as he tings his greatclub against the now limp body at his feet.

Trailing off looking around at the kobolds and everything else in the roomHrm i wonder why they don't make wooded swords. If Wood really is stronger than metal, why use metal? Hrm.. I know that Zag'Rat is stronger than wood, but he's made of special metal. why don't they just make all warforged out of special metal like that. who designed them anyways. they should have thought it through.

turning his head back to the group You know, you two are probably the two best warforged. they made you out of special metals, why don't they do that with all of you warforged?

Diarmuid
2007-12-17, 10:18 PM
Zag'Rat

Zag'Rat's mouth moved wordlessly as he tried to decide how best to respond to the shifter's comments. He decided that a time when the man's blood was not running so hot after being in mortal danger would be a better time to have such a philiosophical debate. One that just might end in them finding out just how superior admantine is to wood.

Smiling to the now awake Za, he again tries to diffuse the situation with a distraction,

"Za, Garrock has the bag and we need to leave. Shaerdon is gathering Saber's belongings, the wonderful halfling woman has agreed to clean up after the kobolds, and Lady d'Vown would very much like us to leave the city. Upwelling, do you have proper documents? We may be questioned when we leave."

He begins moing toward Garrock and ushering him out the door.

Winged One
2007-12-17, 11:20 PM
Za
Za, of course, appreciates a good distraction. "Okay. Hey, Garrock, do you have that one spell that I can't pronounce that lets you clean stuff? We can't really go around covered in blood, after all." She asks, slipping a hand into the left pocket of the backpack, taking out the first thing that feels like a piece of paper she finds, and reading it.

If it's a Handy Haverstack, the instructions should go into her hand because that's what she's looking for.

Asmodeus
2007-12-18, 09:12 AM
(Zagrat)While standing over Saber's chest, expecting a flying messenger, you notice that one Azreal's attacks somehow managed to damage the messenger. It is still attached to Saber, but it is not in working condition.

Za reaches into the pack and finds that her arm goes much deeper into the pack than one would expect. It is a Handy Haversack, as she suspected. Inside, she can feel that there are several items, and two of them feel like paper. In a way, it feels almost like both papers are fighting to reach your hand, but in the end, one wins out. When she draws her hand back out, she is holding a rolled letter.

(Letter)
http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/2597/haversackmessagevc4.jpg

Slash_712
2007-12-18, 09:38 AM
Shaerdon

Shaerdon will begin to pick up Saber's things.

Asmodeus
2007-12-18, 10:06 AM
(Sheardon)Saber's Posessions:
1 longsword
1 travelling cloak
1 backpack
(crossbow and bolts were taken by Elaydren)

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-12-18, 11:57 AM
Garrock

"What's the letter say, Za?" Garrock asks. He glances out the window to see if it's still raining. "We ought to get going, but we probably shouldn't get the letter wet."

Seffbasilisk
2007-12-18, 12:07 PM
Upwelling

Pulling his papers out of his pack, and unrolling them to show Zag'Rat, he says "Lady Elaydren was kind enough to have papers drawn up for me after I was recovered from the battlefield."

Turning to face Arzeal, Upwelling tells him, in the same flat tone he used before "If your opinion is such, we may have need to have words later. For now, let us depart."

Diarmuid
2007-12-18, 12:11 PM
Zag'Rat

Concerned that the contraption may have still been able to record the events, Zag'Rat attempts to pry the messenger free from it's compartment and store it in an empty flask from his pack (assuming it will fit).

Assuming Za either passes the note around or reads it aloud,

"So, to Rhukaan Draal we must go. You probably know the best route to take Za, so if you wouldnt mind taking the lead?"

Asmodeus
2007-12-18, 01:36 PM
The rain outside still comes down, but it has lessened to barely a drizzle at this point.

Zagrat manages to retrieve the contraption, but it doesn't fit inside a flask. He can easily story it within his pack though.

Seffbasilisk
2007-12-18, 01:47 PM
Upwelling

Noticing Za'grat's newfound 'toy', Upwelling is suddenly interested. "Can I see that?" he asks, and assuming Za'grat passes it over, he attempts to get a feel for how damaged it is, and what work would be necessary to reprogram it.

[roll0]

Asmodeus
2007-12-18, 02:00 PM
Upwelling

Your skill with crafting weaponry gives you no insight into the creation of Constructs, such as this device.

Slash_712
2007-12-18, 02:03 PM
Shaerdon

Gathering Saber's belongings, Shaerdon then asks Za again about the contents of the pack.

Asmodeus
2007-12-18, 02:06 PM
{OOC: Just a reminder, everyone who is picking up things, be sure to update your character sheet inventory.

Also, any amunition you may have used during the combat needs to be recorded.}

Seffbasilisk
2007-12-18, 02:19 PM
Upwelling

"My mistake, I thought I was incorrect as to what type of device it was. Make sure that thing doesn't activate." Returning the Final Messenger to Za'grat, Upwelling goes to retrieve his spiked heavy steel shield from where he laid it down to heal Za.

Winged One
2007-12-18, 02:30 PM
Za

Za passes the instructions around, lost in thought. She sheathes her rapier, gets her bow off the ground, and puts it back on her back, still trying to remember everything that could possibly help.

[roll0], take 10 on INT checks for 11 for all knowledge covered by other subskills: what does she know about the destinations given in Lady E's letter, including possible routes to the first destination?

Asmodeus
2007-12-18, 02:40 PM
Za

Za knows that travel is typically done by land, sea, or air. House Orien, or House Lyrandar controls these industries.

She knows that the Land of Darguun is primarily controlled by the goblinoid races, and that the Mournland was once known as Cyre, before tragedy struck during the Last War.

{OOC: Gather Information check, if you want to find specific possibilities for travel out of the city, or some more specific information checks, if you want more detailed information.}

Winged One
2007-12-18, 02:53 PM
Za

After she's done picking her stuff up, Za says "...I've got nothin'. Khyber, I can't even remember why they call it the Mournland besides something bad happening when it was Cyre. I hope all goblins aren't like that little bastard who ran the Rat's Market..."

Slash_712
2007-12-18, 10:53 PM
Shaerdon

Admiring the belongings that he picked up from Saber, Shaerdon then dawns the cloak. "So where to now?" He asks.

Winged One
2007-12-20, 06:50 PM
Za
"Hey, Garrock, would it be okay with you if we went to your dad's place again while we figure out how to get to Rhukaan Draal and what's in the bag, or do you think there's too much of a chance someone'll follow us there?" Za asks.

stupnick
2007-12-20, 08:45 PM
Arzeal

well we best get a move on, as much as i would like to beat up more of them, if they keep coming we will have problems.

Seffbasilisk
2007-12-21, 12:09 AM
Upwelling

A scrunching noise, emulating the sound of metal teeth grinding echos from Upwelling, but other then that, he remains quiet and follows the group.

Asmodeus
2007-12-21, 08:34 AM
Broken Anvil Tavern

Upwelling may be following the party, but the problem is that the party isn't going anywhere. Everyone seems to be standing around confused.

{OOC: Sheardon, Garrock, and Zagrat each take a -100 XP Penalty
You are level 2 now, so the penalty has gone up.}

Diarmuid
2007-12-21, 09:44 AM
oh for the love of...filler filler filler

when my character specifically asks questions, it just seems strange to post again before they've been answered or even acknowledged. Heck, maybe I'll take another one so I lose my level and then when we get more XP I can reroll y horrendous hit die.

Slash_712
2007-12-21, 11:02 AM
Shaerdon

Filler, filler, and more filler
I am with Diarmuid on this one, posting before a question has been answered is obsurd.

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-12-21, 11:27 AM
Garrock

Za
"Hey, Garrock, would it be okay with you if we went to your dad's place again while we figure out how to get to Rhukaan Draal and what's in the bag, or do you think there's too much of a chance someone'll follow us there?" Za asks.
"I don't think that's a good idea, Za. I don't want these people finding my father while we're gone. Why don't we just find an inn, or go to the University?" Garrock says.

{OOC: Sheardon, Garrock, and Zagrat each take a -100 XP Penalty
You are level 2 now, so the penalty has gone up.}
Sorry for not posting, I've been sick with the flu for the last couple of days.

Upwelling may be following the party, but the problem is that the party isn't going anywhere. Everyone seems to be standing around confused.
We haven't gone anywhere because we haven't decided where we're going yet.

Winged One
2007-12-21, 01:54 PM
Za

"'kay. Morgrave it is, since it sounds like we'll need to save our money to spend on magic stuff and food and weapons." Za says. She motions to the backpack Elaydren gave them. "Mind if I take that? I know it's light enough that it's probably magic, but I think I should hold onto it until we know if putting your spellbook and crossbow in will mess with it." She takes the pack if Garrock lets her, but leads the way to Morgrave regardless of his answer.

Asmodeus
2007-12-21, 02:55 PM
Morgrave University

The University District in Upper Menthis is home to Morgrave University. This seat of knowledge is by no means the finest university in the land of Khorvaire, but it is perhaps the most accessible. Many rumors fly that this university is more interested in recovering and selling artifacts from Xen'drik than in a proper education.

Students carrying armloads of books and scrolls hustle to class, while others sit or stand in circles, discussing the days lessons. The group arrives in the university district easily, with Za in the lead. Both her and Garrock are well associated with this area. A scant few even wave to Garrock in passing, recognizing him as a member of the staff.

Winged One
2007-12-21, 03:49 PM
"It's been a while, so where's a good spot to plan this without anyone around?" Za asks Garrock when they arrive, suddenly revealing how tense and wary she was by relaxing completely.

Asmodeus
2007-12-21, 04:11 PM
{OOC: Want to make a know: local to find a tavern or inn or something, WO? If so, tell me what sort of establishment you want.}

Winged One
2007-12-21, 04:14 PM
A room in Morgrave that is empty at this time of day, hence why she's asking Garrock; as she said, it's been a while.

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-12-21, 04:23 PM
Garrock

Knowledge local check on OOC thread.
{OOC: Ack, triple ninja'd. Shouldn't have left that post sitting for 15 minutes. Anyway, answer to Za's question pending finding out how much I know.}

"Well, I'm going to the library to do some research." Garrock says, and heads off in that direction.
The subjects I want to research are:

Whitehearth
Darguun
The Mournland
Schemas

In that order.
I've got a few questions.
1. What time is it?
2. How long will it take to research one subject?
3. What sort of bonus will having access to the University library give?
4. What and how many knowledge checks should I make?

Winged One
2007-12-21, 04:30 PM
Za

Za addresses the rest of the group after looking around to make sure nobody's listening. "Okay, that'll work. Nobody talk any louder than this" she speaks the last word softly enough that anyone who isn't near her won't understand, "when we get there, and if anyone asks what we're doing there, tell them to ask me. Don't mention that the reason you want them to ask me is because I'm a better liar than you are, and don't mention where we're really going if there's anyone around. And for gods' sakes, don't tell anyone the truth when I tell them that we're planning a trip to Xen'drik." She follows Garrock.

Diarmuid
2007-12-21, 10:21 PM
Zag'Rat

The artificer was much more confident with Za and Garrock taking the lead and taking them somewhere they would be safe with a lot of people around. His mind raced with the different possibilities of what could be the reason for all this new interest.

And while he is glad to have met Upwelling and glad to have another 'forged along, he also cant help but wonder about Celedor and hopes everything is alright with the priest. He voices his thoughts softly, as instructed by Za, to those who knew the elf,

"I hope nothing has befallen Celedor. I would hate to think that perhaps Saber was able to locate him in the city and garnered our whereabouts or information about the service we performed for the lady from him. No, I'm sure he simply heard another calling of his ancestors and was needed elsewhere."

It is difficult to determine who he is trying to convince, you all...or himself.

Coming back to the matter at hand, he brings up the topic he had hoped would have been covered by now, but has not.

"Za, can you see if there is a map in that bag? Unfortunately, my life has not led me to stray from Sharn since I was repaired those years ago. I am unsure where this Rhukaan Draal place is. If it is far, we will need to see about gathering provisions for the four of you, and maybe horses...and then I guess provisions for the horses. My, this had certainly turned into a grand adventure."

He finds himself wringing his hands feeling as if he should be doing something. Looking around, he spies the items taken from Saber.

"Would you hand me those items, I may be able to tell if they have any special properties."

Assuming they are handed over, he will take each one in turn, turning them over in his hands for a minute while concentrating on the item.

[roll0]

[roll1]

[roll=Artificer Knowlege on Backpack]1d20+5[roll]

Diarmuid
2007-12-21, 10:25 PM
meh...

[roll0]

Asmodeus
2007-12-22, 12:36 AM
Zagrat spends several minutes, studying each item in turn... He can quickly surmise that the blade has been crafted with a touch of magical power. He can almost reach out and touch the web of energy woven into its fiber.

The pack and cloak both appear to be mundane to the artificer's eye though.

Seffbasilisk
2007-12-22, 12:49 AM
Not much to post with, so I'll post with a more detailed description of Upwelling since y'all've had time to fully look him over now. Got a character sketch in the making, but it may differ on some of the minor points. (I try not to restrict my artist.)
Upwelling

Action points 3/5
HP: 5/10 -> 10/10

Upwelling strides along, his pace carefully measured to give the maximum movement for the least effort, the classic build of a warforged two-toed foot slamming forward with at least an attempt at quietness, yet having all the subtelty and finesse of a warhammer. The foot itself has a layer of skin-like adamantine, with the bracings and joint especially armored. In fact, all of his joints are solidly armored, and in between are plates of adamantine, sinched together like scale-mail on a larger scale. His left arm is almost completely obscured by the large steel shield, adorned and decorated by spikes that turn this defensive item into a weapon. His right hand is currently empty, but any fool calling him unarmed, would be that indeed, as as bands of adamantine work across the back of his 'fist', giving him a weighty blow indeed. The warhammer is in a small loop on the belt that cinches the blue robes of a cleric to his form, and while the robes themselves are unadorned, they part as they rise higher, and in the center of his 'chest' is a large metal disk that has been rotated to conceal the holy symbol of Onatar you know to be present underneith. On that lean belt is two small pouches, and across his back, is hung a small, carefully balanced, leather pack. His warhammer, when looked at more specifically has an image of a warforged smith on one side working on what appears to be a mechanical arm, while on the other, it has the image of a armored figure smashing a misshapen abberation. The true defining part of each Warforged, thier ghulra, is even odder on Upwelling, as his is misshapen and seems almost half melted, as if it were damaged, and the repairman couldn't quite tell what it was and tried to aproximate two different ones.

When Upwelling realizes that the group is heading to a library, he takes a second to himself, and rubbing his holy symbol once before dropping a protective covering over it, he subvocalizes a prayer to Onatar to help repair his form, and as he does it, the dented and warped plates of his middle seem to twist and flow back into one smooth unit. Looking slightly dismayed at the small slit in his robe, Upwelling does his best to smooth it out, and resolves to spend the better part of the night working to fix it.
Burning 1 action point to keep Repair Light Damage. [roll0]

Diarmuid
2007-12-22, 12:31 PM
Zag'Rat

A keen interest paints itself across the artificer's face as he handles the sword. When he looks up, there's a rare glint of excitement on his features that is a welcome change to the suspicious, glum look he's had since the group found itself once again emperiled for their lives.

"There is an enchantment laid upon this blade. No wonder that monster found us such an easy challenge. All the more credit to the two of you for putting him down. When we have some time, I should be able to determine the exact nature of the enchantment."

He nods to Arzeal and Shaerdon as he says this, respect clear in his voice.

After he handles the others, he is disappointed but not surprised by his findings.

"I dont believe either of these holds any special powers other than perhaps being made well."

Happy to have had a focus for 10 minutes, Zag'Rat is able to use those distractions to occupy his mind for almost another hour. Eventually though, the feeling that he should be doing something returns. He begins giving himself a once over, making sure that all of his armored plates are in proper order. He finds the small dent where the kobold jabbed at him, but decides he can work on that later, perhaps when his fleshy friends are sleeping. While so occupied, he remembers that his companion 'forged was damaged during the fight at the inn.

"Upwelling, were you overly injured during our battle? When you first arrived, I noticed you bear the same plating as I do, but Saber was much mightier than the kobolds."

Azmo can decide if you were able to cast the spell or not, and we can take it from there Seff.

Seffbasilisk
2007-12-22, 03:18 PM
Upwelling

Facing Zag'Rat, and half-sliding his disc to the side to show his holy symbol Upwelling simply replies "I was. But Saber is nothing compared to the benevolent might of Onatar." Shifting his robes slightly, Upwelling displays his stomach plates, completly unharmed.

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-12-22, 05:12 PM
Garrock

"I can cast a repair spell on either of you, if you need it," Garrock says to Upwelling and Zag'rat. (If they ask, he will cast the spell while they walk.)
Once he reachs the library, Garrock starts moving through the shelves, obvioulsy familiar with the layout. He pulls several books off in the history section, and then lugs them over to a table, where he immediately begins studying the contents.
Taking 10 on a Knowledge (history) check about whitehearth, giving me 22 (+8 skill, +4 library bonus). This gives me moderate information.

Then, exactly the same check for Darguun.

Then, if it's before 11:00, same check for the Mournland. At 11:00, Garrock is going to bed, whether the research is finished or not.

Asmodeus
2007-12-22, 06:59 PM
After 8 hours of study, you find the following information.

You find absolutely nothing about Whitehearth. Not surprising, considering it is a secret facility.

Darguun:
The land of goblinoids was once considered a part of Cyre, but since they rebelled in the Last War, they have claimed that they are an independant nation. The leader of the nation, The Lhesh Haruuc, bound the warring goblin tribes together under his iron-fisted leadership shortly after. Ruins from Cyre and the Dhakaani Empire are scattered across Darguun. The Dhakaani Empire existed before the humanoids ever stepped foot on this continent.

Mournlands:
The amount of history available about the Mournlands is limited, because it has been in existance for such a short time. It was the nation of Cyre up until an arcane cataclysm in 994 YK, on what is now called the Day of Mourning. Since then, Cyran ruins cover the landscape in the Mournland.

Winged One
2007-12-22, 07:12 PM
Za
While Garrock does his research, Za empties the backpack Lady Elaydren gave them onto a convinient table, one item at a time. She reads any documents or other writing contained within unless it says something nearby like "will explode if read." "If you think any of this stuff might be magic, then take a look. I know that the backpack itself is, and if you can, I want to know exactly how much stuff it'll fit, why it felt like a couple of pieces of paper in the left pocket were fighting to get into my hand earlier, and if there's anything I ought to avoid doing with it." She whispers to Zag'rat as she begins the process.

Asmodeus
2007-12-22, 09:25 PM
(Contents of the bag)

Center Pocket:
80 arrows
80 bolts
50 ft of silk rope
5 bedrolls
5 waterskins, filled
15 days of trail rations

Right Pocket:
1 everbright lantern
1 flint and steel
1 healer's kit
5 torches
3 sacks

Left Pocket:
1 letter from lady Elaydren(already taken out)
3 vials of clear liquid, marked with the symbol of the host
3 vials with amber liquid, unmarked
1 tiny rod of blue metal, 3 inches in length, sapphire on one end.
1 pouch containing 150 pp
1 casket containing 500 gp
1 letter of credit, good for passage via House Orien or House Lyrandar to Rhukaan Draal.

Diarmuid
2007-12-23, 01:14 PM
Zag'Rat

As Za goes through the pockets, Zag'Rat asks for one of each of the vials to be handed to him as well as the small rod. Careful to try and keep what he's doing from being too obvious, he peruses the items for magical properties.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Part of me doesnt wonder if Azmo shouldnt be making those rolls for me, so I dont know when I've failed and will be less inclined to ask Beef Upwellington to cast a Detect Magic to verify my claims.

He also asks to see the notes and after reading the letter of credit he turns to Za,

"Za, would these houses have transportation methods available here in Sharn, or would we need to head towards the coast?"

Seffbasilisk
2007-12-23, 01:27 PM
Upwelling

When Garrock starts his research, Upwelling asks him "Garrock. I know we have just become acquainted, but I am unfamiliar with this facility. Could you help me find materials on a subject I wish to study while you are occupied? I wish to know more of my....my creation. Humans are told of thier birth, all I was told was that I was created. Never how. As far back as I remember, I've just praised Onatar for the inspiration he granted House Cannilith to birth us, I just wish to know more...how."

Asmodeus
2007-12-23, 02:20 PM
Morgrave Library

Zagrat can determine that both the amber liquid and the small rod are magical in nature.

stupnick
2007-12-23, 02:47 PM
Arzeal

Seeing everyone feeling at home in their own way, Arzeal kinda feels out of place, and uneasy.

So how long do we need to stay here, I didn't like those looks I was given on the way in, and I just don't feel right here in this place.

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-12-23, 04:00 PM
Garrock

Upwelling

When Garrock starts his research, Upwelling asks him "Garrock. I know we have just become acquainted, but I am unfamiliar with this facility. Could you help me find materials on a subject I wish to study while you are occupied? I wish to know more of my....my creation. Humans are told of thier birth, all I was told was that I was created. Never how. As far back as I remember, I've just praised Onatar for the inspiration he granted House Cannilith to birth us, I just wish to know more...how."
"Certainly!" Garrock says, smiling. "I'm not sure how much this library may have on the subject, since I believe the secrets of warforged creation are, well, secret, but I'll do my best to find something." He leads Upwelling off into the shelves.
Do I need to make any sort of checks to find some books for Upwelling?

Asmodeus
2007-12-23, 05:28 PM
{OOC: Considering how big of an issue it is, you should easily be able to find a book for Upwelling, which covers the basic public knowledge about Warforged history.

Originally Created by Merrix d'Cannith, perfected by his son, Aaren d'Cannith. Built as Soldiers for the last war.

If you want to aid him by doing research about the technical details involved in the warforged creation process, that will be more difficult.}

Slash_712
2007-12-23, 06:06 PM
Shaerdon

{OOC- Sorry for being out, stuff has been a little busy for a while}

After Zag'rat does some identifying of the BLade Shaerdon grabbed off of Saber, Shaerdon turns to Zag'rat.

"That would explain the reason why that 'forged was so confident in his abilities. If you can figure out what exactly makes this blade special, I would greatly appreciate it."

Diarmuid
2007-12-23, 10:53 PM
Zag'Rat

After four hours have past and Garrock still has not returned, Zag'Rat decides that he will take the time now to identify both the sword and the small metal rod.

"Well, seeing as there isnt much else to do I'm going to determine the properties of these items while we wait. You never know when we may need their properties. Please do not disturb me during the process."

Hour 1 = Identify on sword

Hour 2 = Identify on rod

Asmodeus
2007-12-23, 11:01 PM
Zagrat determines that the sword is a +1 longsword. The rod with a sapphire is actually a keycharm. Keycharms are magical devices used by House Kundarak, in conjunction with the powers granted by their dragonmarks. When a member with the Mark of Warding casts alarm, Arcane Lock, explosive runes, or fire trap spell with his dragonmark, he can invest ownership of the spell into a keycharm. Whoever holds teh charm is able to bypass the spell effects.

Diarmuid
2007-12-24, 12:17 AM
Zag'Rat

After some time has passed and the artificer has spent an hour each examining the two items, he nods to himself thoughtfully and turns his attention back to his companions.

Handing the sword back to Shaerdon and the rod to Za, he attempts to explain their properties,

"The sword has been given a basic enchantment to help it strike more accurately and slice its targets better. The rod is something very interesting though. It is actually a keycharm, which are magical devices used by House Kundarak. When a member with the Mark of Warding casts alarm, Arcane Lock, explosive runes, or fire trap spell with his dragonmark, he can invest ownership of the spell into a keycharm. Whoever holds the charm is able to bypass the spell effects."

He taps a metallic finger against his temple and offers a theory,

"Perhaps we are meant to barter this with someone from that house, or more likely our benefactor expects there to be certain such wards in our way at some point and this will let us bypass them."

As he watches Za put the rod back into the haversack, he says one last thing,

"Oh, and I do believe those amber potions look exactly like the ones we found in the undercity, the healing potions. I would think they would hold some magic, but I was unable to sense any. Perhaps my findings were wrong, it may indeed be best if Upwelling were to cast a spell to verify my findings regarding the magic on the rest of the items, namely Saber's cloak and backpack. And then we can determine if these potions are magical and if so, it should be safe to assume they hold the same healing properties."

Talking about the undercity, Zag'Rat realises that Upwelling was not with them, and to further pass the time he begins describing their previous venture beneath Sharn proper on Lady d'Vown's errand. (feel free to read the other thread for details)

Winged One
2007-12-25, 08:18 PM
Za
"Or maybe it's already the key to something we need to get to." Za suggests when Zag'rat explains the odd rod's purpose. "Hm...we're gonna need travel papers unless that credit letter covers those too..." She murmurs to herself.

fillerfillerfillerfiller.:smallsmile:

Asmodeus
2007-12-26, 08:58 AM
{OOC: Azreal and Sheardon each take a -100 XP penalty for not posting.
Garrock and Upwelling each gave notification of absence.}

Slash_712
2007-12-26, 11:29 AM
Oh bother, ok fine -200 so far for me.

Shaerdon

Taking the sword back from Zag'rat, Shaerdon marvels at the blade.
"Thank you Zag'rat, this is truly a marvelous blade. I have a feeling this is going to become one of my best friends."

stupnick
2007-12-26, 12:18 PM
Arzeal

sits around for another few hours as everyone else does what they do

bah penalty : p

Asmodeus
2007-12-26, 12:57 PM
Morgrave Library

Garrock finishes his research late in the evening, and Upwelling keeps to himself, mostly reading the book provided by Garrock about the history of the Warforged race.

Most everyone else is bored for the duration, and fights it off either by discussing their plans for the future, the mission from Lady Elaydren, or just finding a book to read from the library's vast supplies. In Azreal's case, perhaps a picture book from the children's section, since he's illiterate.

Finally, one of the Library attendants comes to inform you that the library is about to close for the night, and you will need to vacate the premises.

Seffbasilisk
2007-12-26, 01:53 PM
Upwelling

Upwelling tries to understand both streams of information simultaneously, and after a while, when he thinks he has the gist of Warforged, he closes the books and gives the other's recounting his full and undivided attention. When the library matron comes, he packs up and gets ready to move out.

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-12-26, 03:54 PM
Garrock

Garrock follows the library attendant back into the room. "I'm finished here for tonight- let's go." He leaves the library and heads back to his room. On the way, he explains what he found to the others.
"I found nothing on Whitehearth. Not a single mention. Nobody's even heard of it." He sighs. "Darguun, there was lots of information on, but I don't think much of it will be inportant to us. It used to be part of Cyre, but it wasn't touched on the day of mourning. It's ruled and populated by goblins, so we'll have to be careful there. It used to be part of a massive Hobgoblin Empire called the Dhakanni Empire, before humans even came to this continent. Fascinating actually, the Dhakaani, but not particularly important to us."
"The Mournlands... there's not much on them either. It was once Cyre. Something happened, and everyone died. Now it's just ruins and dead things."
When everyone reaches his room, he opens the door and steps in. "There should be room on the floor for everyone if they want it. Just move the books and papers. If you want somewhere better to sleep, you'll have to find it yourself," He says, then climbs into bed and immediately falls asleep.

Asmodeus
2007-12-26, 04:05 PM
{OOC: I'm going to assume that everyone is going to be staying with Garrock. Anyone who wishes to find other accomodations, feel free to post as such.}

Garrock's Home

The group settles down for some much needed rest. Those who need sleep do so. Others meditate in a trance, or simply stand vigil.

The night passes uneventfully, without attack. Morning comes and everyone wakes up refreshed. For once, the day isn't a wet one, although the gloomy clouds hang overhead.

Seffbasilisk
2007-12-26, 05:57 PM
Upwelling

During the night, Upwelling works to repair his shirt as best he can, using the fine awls in his weaponsmithing tools as impromptu needles and pins. Once his shirt is fixed (taking a 20), he goes and repairs Za's clothing and gear while she sleeps, then moves on to the next, and the next, even going up to Za'grat at one point and asking "Mind if I check over your weaponry?" Pulling a whetstone from his belt pouch he carefully, and as quietly as possible sharpens everyone's weaponry, even sharpening individual crossbow bolts. He also does the requisitioned scan, and gives Za'grat the information requested, all that he would know from Detect Magic for 3+ rounds on all items. Before everyone rests, he goes over each and every party member, dropping a cure minor for little scrapes, and expending the bulk of his divine energies before the sun rises, and he prays to renew them. As the sun first begins to rise, he folds his legs to sit crosslegged and matching all three 'fingers' tip to tip he concentrates and attempting to fold the power of the divine within him, greets Onatar with the rising sun to regain his magics.

Doing prepared spells on sheet.

Diarmuid
2007-12-26, 11:35 PM
Zag'Rat

Upon reaching Garrock's room, Zag'Rat decides to use the last of his energies to fulfill Za's earlier request. Taking the magical bag from her, he spends an hour investigating it's properties.

Cast Identify on the haversack.

Once his infusion is finished, he will explain all the properties of the bag. When asked, he will hand over his heavy mace to his fellow 'forged and offer his thanks.

Not needing sleep perse, he still needs time to recuperate the energies he uses to fuel his infusions and he stands motionless in a corner, out of the way, for most of the night.

Seffbasilisk
2007-12-27, 12:22 AM
Upwelling

Upwelling checks over the mace, weighing the balance, flicking the flanges to see how solid they are as well as giving it a few swings to see how it carries. After tinkering with it slightly, Upwelling gives it back to Za'grat and goes into a similar inert state as he calms his mind for the enlightened touch of Onatar.

[roll0] If there's anything Upwelling can do to make it a more effective weapon, he does it.

Winged One
2007-12-27, 02:52 AM
Za
Za thanks Zag'rat, then curls up on the floor and waits for Arzeal to go to sleep. Once she's sure he's asleep, she explains to Upwelling "Just in case you didn't realize, Arzeal's an idiot. I don't say it to his face because...well, Zag'rat told you what happened the first time we fought Saber. And what happened the first time we got attacked. And the second time. And you saw what he did to Saber this time. Anyway, from what I know, the Host would probably rather you don't hold what he said against him."

In case you didn't read it, Saber took Arzeal out with a flaming crossbow bolt, and the group almost died. Zag'rat may or may not have omitted Za's prayer to the Fury and the Keeper, both of whom she only reveres out of fear and only invoked because she honestly thought she was going to die.

Also, Stupnick, insert the standard "this is my character's thoughts about your character, not my thoughts about you" disclaimer here.

stupnick
2007-12-27, 10:12 AM
Arzeal

upon reaching a safe place for the night Arzeal get's ready for bed, Seeing Upwelling sharpening and cleaning himself and everyone's weapons, Arzeal get's the brilliant idea to clean and polish his greatclub.

He get's some water and a rag, and begins to clean and polish it.

After about 30 minutes Arzeal get's frustrated and rolls over going to sleep complaining

Hrm, i must really not be good at this whole taking care of your weapons things.

Hey Upwelling, if you can, i wasn't able to get my Greatclub able to shine or sharpen like you were with those weapons. Not sure what i need to do to keep it in top working order, can you take a look at it.

And with that Azreal goes to sleep.

no worries Winged. he's kinda slow, and a little on the well stupid side. 6int will do that to ya... he's not always stupid, just doesn't realize what he says and how it effects others.

Seffbasilisk
2007-12-27, 04:35 PM
Upwelling

Hefting and swinging the greatclub a bit, Upwelling finally puts it down, and taking out his tools begins to pick and scrape at it to remove bits of flesh embedded in the cracks in the wood. After cleaning it out, he takes a small bit of cloth, and begins polishing it back and forth as fast as he can certainly control, working to maximize efficiency by occasionally rubbing the greatclub against the pad of cloth as he rubs the cloth against the greatclub until he feels it's as good as he can get it. If there are any protrusions sticking from it (IE: Nails) Upwelling cleans the rust off them, and sharpens them as well.

Asmodeus
2007-12-27, 05:39 PM
Morning, Garrock's Room

Morning comes. According to the calendar, today is Zor, the 19th, in the month of Therendor, in the year 998 YK.

The sun has barely begin to illuminate the city when there is a loud banging on the door accompanied by shouting. "Garrock! Garrock! Wake up! Open the door! Garrrooock!!!!"

stupnick
2007-12-27, 05:41 PM
Arzeal

Startled awake, Arzeal grabs his greatclub and brandishes it at the door. After a few seconds, he looks at it, and get's completely distracted.

Arzeal sits cross legged on the floor infront of the door examining his newly polished and cleaned great club.

Wow, you do some good work.

Winged One
2007-12-27, 06:16 PM
Za

Perhaps wanting to give Garrock time to study his spellbook, or wanting practice, or even out of habit, Za takes her scholarly friend's shape, opens the door a bit(not enough to let anyone see the real Garrock's other guests), and puts her head where the person knocking can see. "Why, precisely, did you feel it necessary to awaken me at this ungodly hour?" She asks, imitating Garrock's voice perfectly, though he might be less cranky in the morning than her act would suggest, and she's definitely exaggerating his tendency to occasionally use more complicated vocabulary than she does.

[roll0] She may or may not get any kind of bonus for taking a shape she's used to.

Asmodeus
2007-12-27, 06:21 PM
Garrock's Room

An overwieght scholarly man pushes the door open wider, and forces his way into the room. You can see that many people are up and moving about the halls at this early hour. "Haven't you heard, old fellow? Kythri! Its become coterminous overnight! And only 10 days away from the coterminous phase of Irian too! Everyone from the planar department is up in arms over it! And who knows how long it will last before... Oh! I'm so sorry, I didn't realize you had company." he says as he notices other people in the room. He hasn't seemed to notice that there are two Garrocks yet as he mostly focuses on the rather large shifter that is awefully close. "Should I come back another time?"

Winged One
2007-12-27, 06:35 PM
Za
"Just a point of curiosity, but how would Garrock know about something that happened overnight when you just woke everyone in this room except for Upwelling up?" Za asks, turning back to her real shape.

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-12-27, 09:10 PM
Garrock

Garrock wakes up just in time to see Za transform back into herself. He falls out of bed with a small "oof," then pulls himself up. "What's going on?" he asks sleeply, his eyes still half closed.
Do I recognize the man?

Asmodeus
2007-12-27, 09:36 PM
Garrock's Room

Garrock recognizes him as Ostun Fowurz, one of the professors from the university.

Ostun looks taken aback when Za makes her transformation. "Great Bearded Goats! Garrock! Whats the meaning of this? Did you know this changeling was imitating you?!?"

Seffbasilisk
2007-12-28, 12:32 AM
Upwelling

Rising to give lie to the idea that he might just be a statue of sorts, Upwelling takes a step forward and offers a three finger'd handshake saying "You did forcibly intrude into his room. May I ask your name? I am Upwelling. Could you please explain in laymen's terms what just occured that has caused such an uproar?"

Winged One
2007-12-28, 12:48 AM
Za
"Of course he didn't. I told you, you just woke us all up." Za says to the fat human. "I only turned into him to try and let him get a bit more sleep."

Also, if you'd like to understand what he's saying: Kythri is the plane of chaos, which becomes aligned with Eberron at random intervals and exerts no influence apart from a superstition that it heralds conflict. So, he basicly woke us up for no good reason.

Asmodeus
2007-12-28, 08:35 AM
Ostun Fowurz

Ostun reluctantly shakes Upwelling's hand and replies "Sorry, but I only give lectures to students. I'm afraid you'll have to pay tuition. Garrock can explain it if you like.

I can see you are all involved with something, so I'll take my leave." He backs away to the door and exits, assuming no one stops him.

stupnick
2007-12-28, 11:24 AM
Arzeal

Once again as unexpected as normal, the Shifter jumps to his feat and freaks out.

AAAAAAaaaaaaaHHHHHHHHhhhhhh

WHAT THE, WHERE IS BATTLE GLORY MARKS FROM YESTERDAY, I KNOW SABER CUT ME GOOD.

WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED TO IT!!! WHO DID THIS TO ME!!!

Diarmuid
2007-12-28, 12:03 PM
Zag'Rat

Zag'Rat had been unsure of what to do when the door opened, so he had just remained still. He had been mistaken for a suit of armor or a statue before. Some of the things the strange man had said almost sounded familiar to him, and he wracked his memory trying to make heads or tails of them.

[roll0]

"Garrock, while you were doing your research did you happen to check on a map for these places we need to go? We emptied the magical bag and found a letter of credit for travel from House Orien or House Lyrandar to Rhukaan Draal as well a keycharm. I dont mean to be hasty, but the lady seemed to be in great distress and wished us to make all haste to find these people she mentioned and this other schema."

Gathering his things he gets ready to leave.

"I've never dealt with either of those houses before. Is there a particular place in Sharn where they arrange for these travels? Would one be better than the other?"

As he asks the last bit, he disrects his question to Za.

Asmodeus
2007-12-28, 01:09 PM
Zagrat

Your knowledge of the arcane includes the facts that some of the Planes do have some impact on certain spells, depending on the position of the planes, in relation to the material plane.

Slash_712
2007-12-28, 10:28 PM
Shaerdon

Looking at the proffesor for a moment, Shaerdon, after waking up of course, turns to Garrock.

"Garrock, who is this........man?" He says looking over the large man head to toe with a mild look of disgust.

Asmodeus
2007-12-29, 09:27 AM
Garrock's Room

Za knows that there is an Orien Lightning rail station down in Lower Tavick's Landing, a sea port down at the shores of cliffside, and an airship port up at the top of Lyrandar Tower.

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-12-29, 12:39 PM
Garrock

"He's a professor, Shaerdon." Garrock says. "Hmmm... Churning Chaos and Endless Day at the same time. That could be interesting..."
[roll0]
(For any information on Kythri and the effects it's coterminous phase has on the world.)
[roll1]
(Same for Irian)

Asmodeus
2007-12-29, 09:55 PM
Garrock

Your knowledge of the Churning Chaos is lacking and you cannot seem to recall what effects, if any, it has when coterminous.

However, you do know that the Eternal Day has an affect that lasts for the 10 days while it is coterminous. During the hour around noon, spells that use positive energy, or clerics who make turning attempts against the undead function as if they have a +1 modifier to Caster Level.

Slash_712
2007-12-29, 10:28 PM
Shaerdon

"Proffesor? Where do you know him from and what is he talking about, with this about Churning Chaos?"

Diarmuid
2007-12-29, 11:11 PM
Zag'Rat

The artificer shuffles impatiently from foot to foot with his weapon to hip, shield to arm, and pack over his shoulder.

"Garrock works at this school here. I would guess they are likely colleagues. Speaking of work, you may want to notify your superior about a leave of absence...actually...better yet maybe not. The Lord of Blades's minions knew the message was for you, so if you tell someone where you're going we could easily be followed."

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-12-30, 10:41 PM
Garrock

"I'll just tell them I'm taking a leave of absence. They never seem to care much as long as I bring back something shiny to show them afterwords." Garrock says to Zag'rat. To Shaerdon, he says "The Churning Chaos is one of the planes of existance. It's coterminous right now, which means that it can affect our world. I can't remember the exact effects, though. Irian, the Endless Day, is another plane, and it's going to be coterminous very soon. It empowers positive energy spells at midday. Speaking of spells, I need to do some studying before we leave."
Garrock takes out his spellbook and begins studying intently, phasing out any noise and commotion around him.

Winged One
2007-12-30, 11:02 PM
Za

"What are you talking about, Arzeal?" Za asks the panicked shifter. After a moment, she pulls her shirt up exactly enough to expose the place on her gut where the wound Saber inflicted on her was to her own gaze, then puts it back and says "My wounds feel a bit less deep than they should, but my real shape doesn't have any less of a scar than I expected...oh, hey, my clothes got fixed too. Did you do that while we were sleeping, Upwelling?" She listens to Garrock's explaination, then asks "Wait, so he woke us up to tell you that chaos was being unpredictable?"

Slash_712
2007-12-30, 11:33 PM
Shaerdon

"What do you mean they can affect our world? How does that matter to us?"

Diarmuid
2007-12-30, 11:43 PM
Zag'Rat

Hoping to head off any inquiries so Garrock can study his book and they can leave all the faster, Zag'Rat pipes up and tries to explain it to Shaerdon,

"Well, it doesnt really effect you so much, but it could effect Garrock, Upwelling, and myself if we try to use any...spells."

He slightly pauses towards the end, deciding it will be easiest to just categorize his infusions in the same manner as the other two's magics.

"I would have to guess that man didnt know all of us were here, and he knew the information would be important to Garrock so he knew to be careful with his spells."

Asmodeus
2007-12-31, 09:28 AM
Za

The House Orien Lightning Rail station is in Lower Tavick's Landing.

The House Lyrandar Air Docks are at the top of Lyrandar Tower in Upper Central.

The House Lyrandar Sea Docks are at the base of the cliffs, and can be accessed from Lower Cliffside.

stupnick
2007-12-31, 09:49 AM
Arzeal

Turning towards Za, My, My, My, Scar, it's not really there anymore. Someone pretty much got rid of it.

Seffbasilisk
2008-01-01, 02:46 PM
Upwelling

Slowly rotating his head back and forth Upwelling looks quizzically at Za and Arzeal. "Why...why would you want damage? How is that a positive feature? I...I don't understand..." Resettling his plating, Upwelling seems to regain confidence and says "Come over here, I can get rid of the last of that for you now."

Cure Light on Arzeal, Cure Light on Za, Repair Light on Zagrat, Cure Minor on Za, Cure Minor on Za.

Still have minor scars.

Asmodeus
2008-01-01, 04:21 PM
Garrock's Room

As Azreal examines his body, he finds that there is actually a healthy scar.

Za's wounds are still there, although they are almost completely healed.

Sheardon's wounds have started to heal on their own, but they have not received the benefit of any magical healing.

{OOC: Azreal still has 5 dmg, Za still has 2 dmg. Sheardon has 3 dmg. Everyone else is at full health.}

Winged One
2008-01-01, 05:45 PM
Za
HP 7/12
I've decided that I'm currently sober enough to post, mostly because Za really wants to not let Arzeal explain the scar thing. Ignore this post if you think I'm mistaken about that.
Also, when did she receive healing besides enough to get her on her feet and the 2 hp CLW in the middle of the night?

"Your clothes just got fixed over it. Lift them up a bit and look." Za says to Arzeal. If he complies, she says "See? It's still there." She doesn't let Arzeal answer Upwelling's question before she does. "Scars from fights are important in Arzeal's culture. It's not so much the damage itself, but the reminder our bodies leave of it after they fix themselves. I just picked the tradition up because I figure that a scar on my real shape will remind me to not do stupid crap like get right between two people that are trying to kill me without dodging. In my case that's partly because I can just shapeshift it away when it's more important to look good than it is to look tough, but I think they're the same to him. Just ask his permission to heal him in the future unless you think he'll die if you wait to get it." If no pointless fights occur, she asks the group at large "So, do you guys want to take a boat, an airship, or a rail? The Oriens run the rail station down in Lower Tavick's, the Lyranders run the airship dock in Upper Central, and also the docks on the bottom of the cliffs. Oh, Upwelling, you might want to save your magic in case we get attacked today. I'll just stay back and shoot if that happens."

Asmodeus
2008-01-01, 10:02 PM
{OOC: Upwelling did the 2 HP CLW plus 2 Cure Minor Wounds, plus 2 HP from natural healing.}

stupnick
2008-01-01, 11:53 PM
Arzeal
19/24

Lifting his shirt, and looking over his body, Arzeal nods towards Za, OK, your right, everything looks like it should.

Diarmuid
2008-01-02, 09:51 AM
Zag'Rat

The boat did not sound terribly good to the man made mostly of metal. He wasnt exactly sure what a rail was, but flying sounded exciting.

"I think the airship sounds like a great idea. We dont know if the place we're going to is on the shore, so a boat could leave us with a long trip inland from the coast. I guess the same could be said about a rail, maybe the rail doesnt go directly to Rukhaan Draal. An airship is probably the fastest and most likely to get us directly there."

An air of excitement is clear in his voice as he talks about the benefits of an airship.

Rigel Cyrosea
2008-01-02, 12:44 PM
Garrock

Garrock looks up from his spellbook to adress Zag'rat's proposal of airship travel. "Zag'rat, do you know how much airship passage costs? Especially chartered passage where it'll go where we tell it? More than I've got, that's for sure. I think the rail would be a better choice." Having said his peice, Garrock goes back to studying.

Diarmuid
2008-01-02, 01:31 PM
Zag'Rat

Guessing the frail man must have been pre-occupied with the strange new developments when he mentioned it, the 'forged reiterates for Garrock,

"Well, then it's a good thing the bag we got from our benefactor contained a letter of credit for passage from both Houses Orion and Lyrander. Za, was the letter good for round trip passage, and did it specify how many persons it was good for?"

Winged One
2008-01-02, 01:58 PM
Za
HP 7/12
"I don't actually remember...who's got the magic backpack again?" Za asks, unless she's wearing it, in which case she withdraws the letter of credit to check it for the answers to Zag'rat's questions.

...oh mighty Lord of the Nine, I beg you to let us not have left all of our stuff in the library despite that nobody actually posted that they were putting it back in the Haverstack and taking the Haverstack.

Asmodeus
2008-01-02, 02:05 PM
The letter indicates that it pays for all of you, and will only cover passage via sea or rail, not by air.

Rigel Cyrosea
2008-01-02, 02:20 PM
Zag'Rat

Guessing the frail man must have been pre-occupied with the strange new developments when he mentioned it, the 'forged reiterates for Garrock,

"Well, then it's a good thing the bag we got from our benefactor contained a letter of credit for passage from both Houses Orion and Lyrander. Za, was the letter good for round trip passage, and did it specify how many persons it was good for?"

"If that letter of credit is good for chartering an airship, then Lady Elaydren is a whole lot richer than I thought," Garrock says, not looking up from his spellbook.

Winged One
2008-01-02, 02:30 PM
Za
HP 7/12
"Aw...we can't take an airship." Za says as she reads the relevant part of the letter. "Oh well, it's free."

Take 10 on INT check: does Za even know what a lightning rail is, or that it's faster than a boat?

Also, is it a round trip or not? Is the Haverstack on the floor or what? Finally, did we or did we not leave anything in the library besides books that were there before we got there?

Diarmuid
2008-01-02, 02:32 PM
Zag'Rat

Slightly disappointed they will not be able to take an airship, Zag'Rat speaks for his preference between the two other options.

"Well, of the sea or rail I would have to say I would prefer a rail."

Looking around the room, he tries to see if there is anything else Garrock might need for the trip.

"Garrock, what do you plan on bringing with you besides your books? I will get it all together so we can leave once you're done studying."

Rigel Cyrosea
2008-01-02, 02:37 PM
Garrock

Zag'Rat

Slightly disappointed they will not be able to take an airship, Zag'Rat speaks for his preference between the two other options.

"Well, of the sea or rail I would have to say I would prefer a rail."

Looking around the room, he tries to see if there is anything else Garrock might need for the trip.

"Garrock, what do you plan on bringing with you besides your books? I will get it all together so we can leave once you're done studying."
"... Just my crossbow, and some tea leaves. And food, I guess. My food is in the cuboards, you might as well take it all."

Asmodeus
2008-01-02, 02:50 PM
{OOC: @Za - Of course you know what a lightning rail is. everyone does. its like you knowing what an airplane is, even though you've never ridden on one.

It does not specify round way or one way.

The haversack is up your butt for all i care. Just make sure its listed on someone's sheet. No one left anything at the libarary.}

Winged One
2008-01-02, 03:09 PM
Za
HP 7/12
Actually, I've been on airplanes several times, but I know what you meant.
"Hey, Garrock, since the pack weighs the same no matter what you put in it, why don't you put all your stuff in it and carry it? It seems like it's light enough for you if you don't carry anything else." Za suggests. "Anyway, the letter doesn't say if it's a round trip or not...weird. Well, lightning rails are faster than boats, so that's got my vote."

Rigel, if you don't want to put everything in there on Garrock's sheet, just put it down as "Lady E's advance" or something.

Diarmuid
2008-01-02, 04:22 PM
Zag'Rat

As Za talks about the bag and it's qualities, the artificer remembers everything that was in there and how amazing it was that it weighed nothing. With that in mind, he has an idea,

"Hey, there was a lot of money in that bag. Maybe we should invest in a wand or something. We always seem to need a lot of healing. What do you all think? Za, would you know where to get something like that? And maybe we could get some better armor for Arzeal, and some better weapons for Za."

Seffbasilisk
2008-01-02, 04:53 PM
Upwelling

Standing arms akimbo, Upwelling announces "Onatar has granted me a healing spell today that I think would be ideal to get in a wand. 'Lesser Vigor'. Instead of a sudden burst of postitive energy, it slowly knits the wounds together, but over such a period of time, that it ends up healing more then the sudden burst, even if the burst is optimized."

Winged One
2008-01-02, 07:58 PM
Za
HP 7/12
"Oh yeah, I think Celedor used that spell that time Garrock jumped off a cliff." Za says as she examines the letter of credit to see if it's bearers require travel papers to use it and also tries to remember if there's a place to buy magic things.

take 10 on either INT or Knowledge(local) for 11 or 13, respectively, to know the location of a good store that sells magic wands.

Asmodeus
2008-01-02, 08:12 PM
Za

Your best option that comes to mind is the district of Everbright, which is a few levels below Morgrave. Its filled with magical shops of all types.

No idea about the travel papers requirement comes to mind, although you know that there is a station to get them at the lightning rail station.

Winged One
2008-01-02, 09:08 PM
Za
HP 7/12
Za puts the letter of credit back in it's place in the Haverstack and says "Everbright's a few levels down from here, and there's all kinds of magic stuff there. That wand definitely sounds like a good idea if we've got enough money...I don't really want a new bow, though, it's not like I'm that good with the one I have...and we might need the money later..."

stupnick
2008-01-02, 10:16 PM
Arzeal

With how nice my club looks, i should be good. and make sure not to use that wand on me, unless it's really needed

Diarmuid
2008-01-02, 11:29 PM
Zag'Rat

Shrugging at Za and Arzeal, Zag'Rat offers one last thing before they get ready to leave,

"I just figured you might like something better than what you have now is all. And I'd sure hate for us to get into some kind of trouble and be wishing we had more than some coins to get us out of it. It's probably a good idea to give the back to Garrock, he can carry anything with that. But we should probably divvy up some of the things in there. Like, Upwelling is probably best suited to hold the healer's kit and those amber potions are probably healing...I would say those are best suited in Za, Shaerdon, and Arzeal's hands. I know if I needed a potion I wouldnt necessarily want to wait for Garrock to come over and hand it to me. I'll try to find time to figure out exactly what those and the other potions are before we get there. The travel will probably take some time."

He moves through the small apartment gathering the things Garrock mentioned and offering them to whoever is holding the bag. When finished, he fishes out his heavy hempen rope and also gives that to be added to the bag, saying with a sly smile:

"Hey, when you've got a magic bag there's no need to be lugging that around."

Seffbasilisk
2008-01-02, 11:41 PM
Upwelling

When a bow is mentioned, Upwelling mentally catalogues what he's capable of crafting, and coming to a simple conclusion states "Given adequate materials and time, I could shape a bow for you...I don't have any specific training in bowmaking, but I know the theory well enough."

Slash_712
2008-01-03, 10:13 AM
Shaerdon

After the mention of Potions, Shaerdon's pointy ears perk up.
"How many of these potions are there? If there is enough, I would like to claim two of those as mine."