PDA

View Full Version : Master oogway build

Amdy_vill
2021-05-21, 05:35 PM
I want to play Master oogway from kong fu panda, obviously turtle race and with maybe some levels in monk. Oogway is a Master of turtle and tortoise kong fu and T'ai chi ch'üan. Pretty much hes a wrestler, with great hand to hand skills and defense, helps also been shown using gloves and spears. So my goal is a turtle monk with both great skill in grappling and polearms. And he needs some kinda teleport/healing magic for the wushi finger hold and his use of chi.

Intregus182
2021-05-21, 06:01 PM
Don't forget, you will need a never ending supply og wise adages!

Amdy_vill
2021-05-21, 06:05 PM
Don't forget, you will need a never ending supply og wise adages!

Working on a list now but sugestion are welcome

Grod_The_Giant
2021-05-21, 06:07 PM
Well, spears are Monk weapons, and the Way of Mercy gets some healing. Add in Grappler and I think you're good.

Amdy_vill
2021-05-21, 06:09 PM
Well, spears are Monk weapons, and the Way of Mercy gets some healing. Add in Grappler and I think you're good.

What about wushi finger hold o want a way to tp kill bbeg

Grod_The_Giant
2021-05-21, 06:12 PM
Stunning Fist? Or an appropriately flavored grab.

Fable Wright
2021-05-21, 06:30 PM

That would be Open Hand monk's capstone.

"Healing" could be temporary HP from feat. Teleportation could be convincing your DM to let you take the Fey Teleportation feat.

Unoriginal
2021-05-21, 06:43 PM
I want to play Master oogway from kong fu panda, obviously turtle race and with maybe some levels in monk. Oogway is a Master of turtle and tortoise kong fu and T'ai chi ch'üan. Pretty much hes a wrestler, with great hand to hand skills and defense, helps also been shown using gloves and spears. So my goal is a turtle monk with both great skill in grappling and polearms. And he needs some kinda teleport/healing magic for the wushi finger hold and his use of chi.

Oogway never used teleporting or the Wushi finger hold, though.

If you want the Oogway from the movies, Oogway started out as a typical warlord until he was saved by Panda Chi Masters, which lead to him renouncing his conquering ambitions and create martial arts.

So I would start with a Fighter, take the Unarmed Fighting Styles (which enhance your grappling too), and then go Mercy Monk. Focus on STR more than DEX, too.

Grappler is a kinda terrible feat if you want to grapple. Skill Expert (Athletics) is much more useful.

Working on a list now but sugestion are welcome

Like this video explains:

https://youtu.be/x1eHIfUyYfs

Oogway is a Daoist. Discussing this in detail is likely against forum's rules, but the video above does give the start of an explanation, and you can learn more about Daoism online.