PDA

View Full Version : [ST]3 months are enough for Xykon...

PePe QuiCoSE
2007-11-12, 12:01 PM
... kill all his hobgoblin army in his boredom :smallbiggrin:

Anyway, feel free to post your lousily thought predictions on what has team evil done in this three months. I bet the MitD had Stiffy perform the sleeping beauty in his matinee play (you heard it here first!).

btw, i think that ST is a good indicator of "Silly Thread" to keep the forums more organized. No need to have those long well thought arguments were they don't belong :smallamused:

David Argall
2007-11-12, 06:10 PM
#300 suggests that Xykon only kills about 1% of his army every week. That is likely a high figure since this refers to a period when Team Evil was settling in and thus a period when a number of hobgoblins were rash enough to ask "Just what makes you think you can push me around?" So we can assume Xykon has only killed about 3000 hobs recently and has lots left.

Now what has happened in the city...

MitD brings O-Chul into town and is noticed by Redcloak, who destiffs him. This is followed by a series of humiliating tortures that end up with finding out O-Chul doesn't really know anything. In fact he learns more about the next gate from the lich than he tells. Once the lich is bored, MitD insists he wants Mr. Stiffy back, and O-Chul is re-paralyzed.

With a combo effort involving V, Durkon, & Eugene, Roy manages to get to his sword and speak to Haley. He is limited by the rules to telling her some obscure prophecy as a hint as how to get out.

Haley has been disguising herself as a hobgoblin to scrounge food and runs into MitD and O-Chul. She devises some plan to rescue him.

Belkar has been amusing himself by knocking out hobgoblins and tossing 2 of them into a deep pit with no food except each other. We see one hob protesting he wouldn't dream of hurting his loyal companion. Said loyal companion then shoves a knife into his back.

Not sure how Haley and Belkar get out carrying Roy & O-Chul. Maybe the lich just gets bored and takes down the spell. But maybe the prophecy from Roy will tell her.

MCerberus
2007-11-12, 06:15 PM
Plus if you kill 1% of your army every week you will still have an army after 100 weeks.

Squark
2007-11-12, 07:13 PM
Or maybe, Xykon rebuilt the gate, and is beginning the ritual!!!!!! Unfortunatley, a key ingrediant is... HAFLING DROP STEW!!!!

bluish_wolf
2007-11-12, 11:25 PM
Plus if you kill 1% of your army every week you will still have an army after 100 weeks.

It depends on whether it's 1 percent of the remainder or one percent of the original amount.

The Extinguisher
2007-11-12, 11:29 PM
Yeah, cause Xykon's gonna remember what the original number of the army was.

PePe QuiCoSE
2007-11-13, 10:54 AM
yeah, thing is it's around 1% when everyone is busy preparing for an invasion to a human nation. Now, when there's nothing else to do than wait for Redcloack to come with something up about the gates (and how boring he is at explaining it) that sure goes higher. Around 10 times. At least. Specially if for recreational purposes Xykon decides to build himself a junk of hobgoblin corpses (Tsukiko -sp- would love that :P)

Setra
2007-11-13, 10:58 AM
Yeah, cause Xykon's gonna remember what the original number of the army was.
No but if you kill 3K goblins a week, which starts out at 1%, what makes ya think he won't continue killing 3K a week, when it switches to 20%?

ysp
2007-11-13, 11:14 AM
It seams that by now Xykon has 200k hobgoblin ghouls.

Kreistor
2007-11-13, 12:19 PM
#300 suggests that Xykon only kills about 1% of his army every week. That is likely a high figure since this refers to a period when Team Evil was settling in and thus a period when a number of hobgoblins were rash enough to ask "Just what makes you think you can push me around?" So we can assume Xykon has only killed about 3000 hobs recently and has lots left.

Your math is off a little there. 341/30000*100% = ~0.1%, not 1%.

[Whoops... wrong.]

NikkTheTrick
2007-11-13, 12:48 PM
Your math is off a little there. 341/30000*100% = ~0.1%, not 1%.

Erm... uhh... 3 00 / 3 00 00 = 3/300 = 0.01 = 1%

SteveMB
2007-11-13, 01:14 PM
It depends on whether it's 1 percent of the remainder or one percent of the original amount.

Hmmmm... it's it's a matter of "each hobgoblin has a certain probability of annoying Xykon this week", then it's a percentage of the current amount; if it's a matter of "Xykon gets bored every so often and amuses himself by killing minions", then it's a constant rate (constrained by the available supply of expendable minions)....

Kreistor
2007-11-13, 11:04 PM
Urh, yeah, guess I screwed up. Doh.

†Seer†
2007-11-14, 01:11 AM
Sooo Xykon kills the whole army.

He still has an army.

Zombies, anyone? :P

Tempest Fennac
2007-11-14, 03:27 AM
SoD spoiler:
Redcloak mentioned that 2 Epic Level spellcasters were needed to build a gate. Xykon appears to be on at least Level 21, but RC only appears to be on Level 15 (or possibly 16), and it would take years to research how to build, which is probably who Xykon wasn't interested in staying in the city until RC pointed out that tey should try to find out how the other gates are protected.

Ariko
2007-11-14, 04:49 AM
SoD spoiler:
Redcloak mentioned that 2 Epic Level spellcasters were needed to build a gate. Xykon appears to be on at least Level 21, but RC only appears to be on Level 15 (or possibly 16), and it would take years to research how to build, which is probably who Xykon wasn't interested in staying in the city until RC pointed out that tey should try to find out how the other gates are protected.

not quite.. He said he needs a powerful divine caster (himself, as he points out) and powerful arcane caster

Lumenadducere
2007-11-14, 05:07 AM
Right, powerful doesn't mean epic. It just means high-level. And if I recall correctly both Redcloak and Xykon are above the OotS in terms of levels.

Felixaar
2007-11-14, 06:49 AM
I bet the MitD had Stiffy perform the sleeping beauty in his matinee play

You read it. You can't unread it.

Tempest Fennac
2007-11-14, 11:08 AM
The plan only needs 2 sufficiently powerful spellcasters to warp the gates. Someone on another thread described it as like re-tuning a TV rather then building 1 from scratch (which would require more knowledge of electronics).

the_tick_rules
2007-11-14, 11:46 AM
if the city is still blocked then xykon must still be there. i thought he wanted to leave, i guess redcloak convinced him.