PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Is Rashemi Elemental Summoning worth it at lower levels?

Halphinian
2021-05-21, 11:31 PM
I am playing a 6th-level druid in a fairly low-level campaign (started at 5th level, probably going to end at around 12th-14th level), and I plan on making my character a druid 5/planar shepherd 8 buffer/summoner. Looking at the templates, the Orglash's Cone of Cold 3/day seems like the real draw to this feat, and I know it gets really strong at later levels, but since we may not get to those higher levels, should I take this feat, wait until a higher level, or should I just take something else?

Other feats: Greensinger initiate (flaw), Natural spell

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2021-05-21, 11:40 PM
If you're going to take anything to make your summons stronger, Greenbound Summoning is the best one to consider. Your summoned creatures, even dire rats from a 1st level spell, can use Wall of Thorns to trap multiple opponents and then spam Entangle or attack or simply absorb opponents' attacks. Ashbound is another strong choice, I'd take either of those over Rashemi Elemental Summoning.

Consider taking Natural Bond and obtaining a 'level -3' companion such as a Fleshraker dinosaur or Dire Eagle. With Natural Bond you can still apply your full Druid level toward its animal companion benefits.

Biggus
2021-05-22, 04:15 PM
If you're going to take anything to make your summons stronger, Greenbound Summoning is the best one to consider. Your summoned creatures, even dire rats from a 1st level spell, can use Wall of Thorns to trap multiple opponents and then spam Entangle or attack or simply absorb opponents' attacks. Ashbound is another strong choice, I'd take either of those over Rashemi Elemental Summoning.

Consider taking Natural Bond and obtaining a 'level -3' companion such as a Fleshraker dinosaur or Dire Eagle. With Natural Bond you can still apply your full Druid level toward its animal companion benefits.

Check with your DM before planning a build around Greenbound Summoning or Natural Bond used that way as many won't allow those things.

JNAProductions
2021-05-22, 08:21 PM
Check with your DM before planning a build around Greenbound Summoning or Natural Bond used that way as many won't allow those things.

I can see houseruling Greenbound (it was supposed to be, if I recall correctly, a metamagic, not a free bonus) but Natural Bond doesn't seem very exploitative. It's a pretty clear use of the feat.

Endarire
2021-05-23, 02:34 AM
It's as worthwhile as you make it since you can choose to use your spells for summoning.

Also consider Eggynack's opinion (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?439991-Being-Everything-Eggynack-s-Comprehensive-Druid-Handbook).