PDA

View Full Version : Advise On creating a Cursed Item (Pathfinder 1E Rise of the Runelords)

AJ10pin
2021-05-23, 05:35 AM
Hi guys,

I have a player in my game who is a swashbuckler, He wants to have the ability of the Ten-Ring board Sward on a rapier. I know there is no such item in the game and was thinking about putting it in the game, However I was thinking about making it cursed.

Here's my thinking:-

Make it a +3 (instead of the +2) and to be able to change the DR it uses the standard action *Like normal* however was thinking while its cursed it also uses his Panaché point? also it only Crits on a Nat 20 (confirmation roll would be normal).

Does this sound like it could work?

Also the way I'm thinking of introducing the weapon is to do a random cave encounter (which has been trapped aswell) what sort of creatures would horde treasure near Whisperwood?

Thank you in advance for any help!

AJ

Gericko42
2021-05-24, 05:43 PM
An interesting way to go with cursed items is to let the player know it is cursed, but craft it in such a way that the player is tempted to take it anyway. It can add depth to the campaign, the player's PC, and create some fun.

--can't be removed except when...?
--changes behavior in combat [nightmares afterwards that affect morale]
--attach a save to the curse every time it occurs?
--secret way to remove the curse that will be discovered/revealed when the PC is of higher level and the item not unbalancing?

Just a thought.

Kurald Galain
2021-05-24, 05:49 PM
Make it a +3 (instead of the +2) and to be able to change the DR it uses the standard action *Like normal* however was thinking while its cursed it also uses his Panaché point? also it only Crits on a Nat 20 (confirmation roll would be normal).

That's fairly boring for a curse; I would go for something more flavorful.