PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Ideas for Vampirism+Kobold/Lizardfolk?

MonkeySage
2021-05-24, 02:23 PM
I do not use the standard pathfinder setting, Golarion- instead I've been using my own homebrew setting. I didn't just want to make Lizardfolk and Kobolds "Moroi", the common vampire type. I had this thought that vampirism would affect them slightly differently, more primal... More like their draconic relatives.

One thought I had was that lizardfolk would have no trouble crossing running water.

Going with the idea that lizardfolk and kobolds are more like their draconic relatives (in my setting, lizardfolk are related to dragons as well, only more distantly than their kobold cousins), what might be some other changes, if I'm using the moroi vampire template as a basis and tweaking things a bit? These changes would affect reptilian vampire spawn as well.

I'm not sure if it is relevant, but I'm also making use of some of the content of the 3.5 Dragonomicon- one of my players is a Dragonwrought Kobold, for example.

ngilop
2021-05-24, 03:37 PM
I do not use the standard pathfinder setting, Golarion- instead I've been using my own homebrew setting. I didn't just want to make Lizardfolk and Kobolds "Moroi", the common vampire type. I had this thought that vampirism would affect them slightly differently, more primal... More like their draconic relatives.

One thought I had was that lizardfolk would have no trouble crossing running water.

Going with the idea that lizardfolk and kobolds are more like their draconic relatives (in my setting, lizardfolk are related to dragons as well, only more distantly than their kobold cousins), what might be some other changes, if I'm using the moroi vampire template as a basis and tweaking things a bit? These changes would affect reptilian vampire spawn as well.

I'm not sure if it is relevant, but I'm also making use of some of the content of the 3.5 Dragonomicon- one of my players is a Dragonwrought Kobold, for example.

If you are going to use the moroi from pathfinder as the common vampire.. then why not use the nosferatu from pathfinder as the more primal vampire as they do?

MonkeySage
2021-05-24, 03:47 PM
If you are going to use the moroi from pathfinder as the common vampire.. then why not use the nosferatu from pathfinder as the more primal vampire as they do?

I am.... But not for the Lizardfolk and Kobolds. By primal, I meant they'd be more like their draconic relatives.

ThreadNecro5
2021-06-04, 08:09 PM
Not sure how weird you want to go with it but here are some draconic traits you could take in a vampiric direction:

A 'hoard' or paralysed blood slaves, used the cold blooded reptile angle to make a vamp that can suck heat from someone to paralyse, essentially causes petrification but leaving them alive to act as a blood bag the vamp can keep a pile of.

Dominate though draconic majesty.

Bloat with age/feeding to grow as they overfill on blood.

breath weapon of regurgitated necromanticly tainted blood that carried similar effects to blood drain or energy drain (or is animate and pulls those hit's blood out through their flesh as per vamps blood drain, vamp spends action next turn to absorb it for healing/other buffs or leaves it as aoe entangle?)

claws replaced by giant fangs that can drain blood too.

Vary up vamp shapeshifting, cut of a reptile-vamp's tail or limb and it shapeshifts into a temporary spawn (like a gecko's tail growing back combined with vamp resurrection at coffin) or draconic 'wings' made of a half-transformed mist or mosquitos so dens they act as a solid. Rather than become mist vamp becomes swarm of millions of very small mosquitos.

Take a note from that Greek legend of planting dragons teeth to grow solders, make it the vamp can plant it's teeth into a corpse to make revenant or juju zombie with vamp bite, or a breath weapon of teeth that can raise undead. Maybe teeth implanted undead have a blood drain that magickly passes back to the vamp?