PDA

View Full Version : Warforged Juggernaut Question

Speeddemon87
2021-05-26, 11:12 PM
I'm thinking of taking Warforged Juggernaut with my Dungeoncrasher fighter character build soon, but also planning on taking Crusader levels soon after. I noticed WJ gives immunity to 'morale' effects at third level. Would that include the White Raven maneuvers I would use too?

Gruftzwerg
2021-05-27, 04:35 AM
Yeah, you are immune to everything marked as moral effect/bonus. This includes maneuvers with such language in their ability description.

edit: as alternative suggestion I would recommed to dip 2 lvls into Drunken Master instead. This gives you the Stagger ability which lets you freely change directions while charging. This way you can charge every turn and better setup your charge direction for your Dungeoncrasher ACF.

Speeddemon87
2021-05-27, 12:55 PM
Stagger is nice, but there's a lot of prerequisites needed to enter that PrC, and not really in the direction I planned on going with my build. I was thinking of relying on martial maneuvers for any time bull rushing wasn't the best option. Lion's Roar would have been pretty fun, and decently easy to trigger since my build deals some of the highest damage in the party if I can bull rush it, but it isn't a big loss. I can just get White Raven Tactics instead. Of course, all that will be interspersed with Warforged Juggernaut for all those lovely bonuses and immunities.

ShurikVch
2021-05-27, 01:23 PM
Are you aware of 3rd-level Healing Immunity class feature?
I mean - Raise Dead, Resurrection, and True Resurrection are all Conjuration (healing); and even Wish brings back to life by duplicating "a resurrection spell"
And from the 4th level, your Warforged Juggernaut would be immune to necromancy too - thus, couldn't be even animated as Undead...

Speeddemon87
2021-05-27, 10:27 PM
Yeah, I'm aware of that. If they die, they're dead. I'm hoping the immunities I get plus the general tankiness of a Fighter/Crusader build will help survive that. We don't have any divine casters in the party, but we do have an Artificer, so hopefully that should help with repairing damage. Now, a lot of healing effects won't work, but if I get a psionic psychoactive Skin of the Troll, would that still grant (slow) regen to my character?

The Viscount
2021-05-29, 09:09 AM
That would work.

Crusader maneuvers and stances are also not subject to the healing immunity, so go a long way towards contributing to your survivability.
It's true that you wouldn't get a bonus from the white raven maneuvers that specifically grant morale bonuses, but there's plenty that don't, so are still good.

Speeddemon87
2021-05-29, 08:54 PM
Alright, that's good to know. Yeah, Crusader should help survivability a lot, and I can focus on other maneuvers. Stone Dragon will have some good ones for getting past DR and Bull Rushing, though I'm really looking forward to the Shield Block stuff. I use a Tower Shield and the DM okayed Shield Ward/Specialization with it.