PDA

View Full Version : How to lose Limbs and Become a Cyborg?

carrdrivesyou
2021-05-27, 07:13 PM
So over about a year and a half (in-game time), my fighter has lost both a hand and a leg below the knee. Since then, the running joke has become that he will eventually become a cyborg. I talked to the DM about it, and he's been a bit vague, but encouraged the idea. That being said, it's something I would like the character to pursue, so he is acting a bit more "extreme" in the hopes he will lose another limb or two.

What are some interesting ways that could cause someone to lose a limb in game? The hand was lost in a fight with a tribal warrior, while the leg was burned off by a dragon. How would I go about becoming something like a Warforged? He currently has the prosthetic limb magic items for his missing bits.

loki_ragnarock
2021-05-27, 07:26 PM
Seeing as how losing limbs isn't really part of the standard game, this is very much a query for your specific DM.

Though I do appreciate you dedication in becoming a street samurai.

Kane0
2021-05-27, 07:50 PM
Lingering injuries could be used for limb loss, and Armorer Artificer armor replaces any missing limbs, functioning identically to a body part it is replacing.

Rukelnikov
2021-05-27, 07:51 PM
So over about a year and a half (in-game time), my fighter has lost both a hand and a leg below the knee. Since then, the running joke has become that he will eventually become a cyborg. I talked to the DM about it, and he's been a bit vague, but encouraged the idea. That being said, it's something I would like the character to pursue, so he is acting a bit more "extreme" in the hopes he will lose another limb or two.

What are some interesting ways that could cause someone to lose a limb in game? The hand was lost in a fight with a tribal warrior, while the leg was burned off by a dragon. How would I go about becoming something like a Warforged? He currently has the prosthetic limb magic items for his missing bits.

Whatever you've been doing til now seems to be working, just keep at it.