PDA

View Full Version : Lord of the Dance

Balkash
2007-11-12, 04:46 PM
I was just wondering if Irresistable Dance gives the subject a bonus to Perform (dance). I'd figure since the only thing the subject can do is Dance, complete with foot shuffling and tapping, that they should get a bonus. I'm trying to figure this out because if for, oh i dont know, some reason there happens to be a dance off in one of my gaming sessions, could my wizard use Irresistable Dance to give our rogue (highest dex, highest charisma) a boost?

Jack Zander
2007-11-12, 04:48 PM
No bonus. The spell forces them to dance, not to dance good.

AKA_Bait
2007-11-12, 04:50 PM
Technically, no, it does not give a bonus. If you are the DM however, or can convince your DM to houserule it, then I don't see why not. It would be fun.

Miles Invictus
2007-11-12, 05:24 PM
Hmm...couldn't you use a metamagic rod to persist Irresistable Dance? :smallamused:

dyslexicfaser
2007-11-12, 05:27 PM
Personally, I'd rather see him craft a set of cursed dancing shoes that can never be removed.

He wins the dance off... but at what cost?!

mostlyharmful
2007-11-12, 05:30 PM
Now suddenly I have the image of all my BBEG's that have had this cast on them groovin' away..... sooo much "dad" dancing:smallfrown:

Redblade
2007-11-12, 05:53 PM
Now suddenly I have the image of all my BBEG's that have had this cast on them groovin' away..... sooo much "dad" dancing:smallfrown:

hmm :smallamused:

Your Dad's Irresistible Dance
Enchantment (Compulsion) [Mind-Affecting]
Level: Brd 6, Sor/Wiz 8
Components: V
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Touch
Target: Living creature touched
Duration: 1d4+1 rounds
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: Yes

The subject feels an undeniable urge to dance and begins doing so, accompanying this with singing if so appropriate. They take a -30 to all perform checks but are unable to think of themselves as anything other then the greatest dancer in the world. All the subjects relatives (and all there friends) can see and hear them as if through the use of a Scrying spell of the same caster level.

What do you guys think? :smallwink:

mostlyharmful
2007-11-12, 06:12 PM

The subject feels an undeniable urge to dance and begins doing so, accompanying this with singing if so appropriate. They take a -30 to all perform checks but are unable to think of themselves as anything other then the greatest dancer in the world. All the subjects relatives (and all there friends) can see and hear them as if through the use of a Scrying spell of the same caster level.

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!*%$!!

Icewalker
2007-11-12, 06:26 PM
Spell forces them to dance. Doesn't make them dance well.

I can see an interesting idea where some well-known dancer is actually under the effects of a permanent OID, and has just gotten really good at it. And nobody knows because the person only ever shows up on a stage :smallbiggrin:

MCerberus
2007-11-12, 06:29 PM

Those who see the dance must make a fortitude save or be blinded the spell cast at the same level as Your Dad's Irresistible Dance.

Jerthanis
2007-11-12, 06:34 PM
Maybe you could just cast Contagion on the rogue to give him Acute Boogiemania (http://yellow5.com/pokey/archive/index155.html)

Be careful, Acute Boogiemania is highly contagious.

Prometheus
2007-11-12, 06:38 PM
I would rule that the Rogue has to become used to the effects of the spell in order to use it effectively, but once the Rogue does it provides a bonus. There wouldn't be any specific timeline as to what would include getting used to it, only that they have to think of it before they actually need to use it, and you can't do it to a random person.