PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Are there any "Path of War" magic items?

Firechanter
2021-05-28, 10:56 AM
As it says on the tin... there's nothing in PoW/E, but did anything appear in later releases?

In 3.5 TOB we have Wondrous Items granting maneuvers, weapon properties interacting with disciplines...
wonder if/why these never have been updated?

exelsisxax
2021-05-28, 11:01 AM
There were plans before DSP died, but none of those sorts of items were made. Might be some junk with 3pp^2 that made variously unbalanced PoW system stuff but I wouldn't bother. The only real things are from steelforge, it has a few items for many different DSP classes to give minor upgrades/alterations to class features.

Firechanter
2021-05-28, 02:38 PM
Wait what DSP died? Why, when? oÔ

AmberVael
2021-05-30, 09:15 AM
Wait what DSP died? Why, when? oÔ

Like a lot of small publishers, DSP effectively hinged on a single person. My understanding is that Jeremy Smith was running the business side of things, and in his absence DSP has ground to a halt (I don't recall/know why exactly he stopped though.) Last thing they published was put out late 2018, I think.

The broader explanation of why these publishers are so dependent on one person is that most of the people working for these publishers aren't actually employees, just contractors. So even if the writers/editors/artists have the skillset and interest to keep things going, they aren't in a position to do so. In DSP's case a lot of the writers are still around and active and would have kept writing for DSP, they just don't have the opportunity anymore.

Ramza00
2021-05-30, 04:40 PM
As it says on the tin... there's nothing in PoW/E, but did anything appear in later releases?

In 3.5 TOB we have Wondrous Items granting maneuvers, weapon properties interacting with disciplines...
wonder if/why these never have been updated?

They were supposed to have path of war maneuvers items in something like potions with a different name in the steelforge books (like the MiC for dreamscarred but smaller) but I have never seen the text and it did not make the final product to my understanding.