PDA

View Full Version : TV Question about Marvel's Runaways and Cloak & Dagger

thatSeniorGuy
2021-05-29, 07:46 AM
So, having recently got Disney+ for Wandavision/FatWS, I've started going through all the Marvel shows I've missed, including Runaways. Gotta say, the show's not perfect but I've really been enjoying it! I'm partway through season three and was really surprised when

the two leads from Cloak and Dagger showed up at the end of the episode (having been summoned by Nico's spell I guess)?

I hadn't been expecting the two shows to interact at all, though I guess they are both in the MCU so some connected-ness would be obligatory. C&D was next on my to-watch list, but now I'm worried that either I'm going to be totally confused about what happens in the next episode of Runaways or I'll get spoiled for events in C&D.

So my question to you is: should I circle back and start making my way through C&D now so I don't get spoiled and/or confused, or can I safely finish off Runaways?

Starbuck_II
2021-05-29, 08:46 AM
C&D don't stay so you can safely watch Runaways if you want.

Although C&D's is a decent show.

JadedDM
2021-05-29, 04:43 PM
It's been awhile since I watched both shows, but I think you'll be okay. There are some minor spoilers, stuff covered in the first episode of Cloak and Dagger, like what their powers are and how they work. I don't think any actual plot spoilers for Cloak and Dagger come up, though.

Psyren
2021-05-29, 07:44 PM
Nah, you don't have to watch C&D. But I highly recommend it!

thatSeniorGuy
2021-05-30, 12:18 AM
Cheers all, watched the episode and will continue through Runaways and onto Cloak and Dagger when I'm done!

NulliusinVerba
2021-06-03, 10:42 AM
I really enjoyed Cloak and Dagger, never finished Runaways though. I guess I couldn't get over the changes they made to the comic books.

thatSeniorGuy
2021-06-03, 08:41 PM
Having finished the series I had a glance at the comic information on Wikipedia, and yeah I can see how fans of the comics could be turned off. What was the deal breaker for you?

Rynjin
2021-06-03, 09:07 PM
Even in the comic (which has nothing to do with the Runaways show), Cloak and Dagger's appearance is largely irrelevant; they show up as responsible adults who might be able to report the Runaways' evil parents to the Avengers and whatnot and get this sorted out, but Molly's parents (who have psychic powers in the comic, but that was too cool for the show, I guess) wipe their memories of the whole interaction and send them on their way, where it's never really relevant again except it reinforces the group's mistrust of adults from then on out.